Answers/

Nutrition

What on-line diet tracker do you use?

asked about 3 years ago | Report

I'm testing out myfitnesspal.com and myfooddiary.com but I want to explore all my options before I make a commitment. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

20 answers

scroll to bottom
  • MyFitnessPal is unbeatable IMHO for the food database and mobile app. I've used most of them out there. CalorieCount has a great longtime weight tracker graph and ok food database.

answered about 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • myfitnesspal.com. Love it. Not only can you search for stuff. If you cook/make up recipes you can enter them as well. Good one for sure.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm a huge fan of Lose It! Its a free app. I started using it in Sept 2010, and lost nearly 50 pounds by the following April. Have kept it all off over a year now :) They also have a matching website that your data syncs to, lose it dot com.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • L
    L Sendmail

If you're looking to maintain and know a good deal about fitness., I'd say myfitnesspal, but if you're looking to lose I'd definitely vote Sparkpeople over myfitness pal. I've used myfitnesspal in the past, but I'm currently on Sparkpeople and love it. I love how comprehensive it is. It gives you a range, not a specific number so you don't feel like you're failing when you hit that number, and adjusts based on your weight and fitness activities. I like how newbs to fitness like me can get instructional videos and demonstrations for exercises that I've never done before, and that it sets up a plan that works. I found with myfitnesspal I was searching for exercises to do, and feeling really lost. Also I was counting things that weren't really true exercises (like Darts or laundry) as part of my plan on thereI t. ried myfitness pal for several months and actually gained weight during that time. The support on SP is pretty unrivaled when it comes to losing weight. They have experts that weigh in all the time, and you get tons of feedback from people both on the journey and those who have successfully met their goal and are a wealth of knowledge. So yeah, I'm a pretty huge fan of Sparkpeople.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I love Spark People : http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/setup_p1.asp It is fun, and tracks food, nutrition, fitness, almost everything and has a great community of people to keep you motivated. FR sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I also use SparkPeople.com, and I like it a lot (the app/website), not the actual tracking. :-)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • i switched from sparkpeople to livestrong. Although I will admit that sparkpeople's community is a lot more supportive.

answered almost 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Loseit! is an amazing app and website for tracking all

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • For rapid on the go data entry I found my fitness pal to be the quickest/easiest on my iPhone and online.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Love LoseIt and recommend it to all my friends who wonder how I lost 25 pounds :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • When I needed to lose weight, I had the most success with Weight Watchers online. Then when I reached my goal, I tracked my nutrition for a few months with dailyburn.com. It worked pretty well at keeping track of food intake, but I just got tired of using it. Now I just run a lot and try to eat sensibly.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use the Lose It! App and website
    http://loseit.com

answered almost 3 years ago |edited almost 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Jan
    Jan Sendmail

I love LoseIt.com. It's fast & easy and with 2 clicks I can reenter a meal I have often (like the breakfast I eat most mornings). Badges are encouraging, you can do the friend thing if you want, good database. And if you cook, you can add your own recipes.

Good luck finding the one that works best for you!

answered almost 3 years ago |edited almost 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've used caloriecount.com for about 7 years now and have found it great. Though I would be interested to try myfitnesspal now!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The best out there with health articles, enormous database, and a huge forum community is Livestrong. Their app is a paid one and I don't use it, but have taken off 143 lbs. with their guideance since 2008. Last August I switched to LoseIt! because I can customize it with my own data (contrary to Livestrong). Livestrong's loops feature is in no way as good as this site, and their fitness database has needed tweaking for years. I used to volunteer in the online nutrition verification process and learned a whole lot in the process.

Livestrong Gold is now featuring "socialization" which cracks me up... they missed that boat with the explosion of Facebook. Their online fitness tracker is supreme, though. Check out their database. Whenever I want to manage my LoseIt! data, I consult Livestrong.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I personally use myfitnesspal.com . It's a great calorie counter and it actually does help if you are dieting (wanting to gain/lose a pound) and tells you the amount of calories you should be eating. I like it.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've been using livestrong for a while and like that one.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My vote is for myfitnesspal.com It is simple, accurate (though you have to choose the right one from the list that comes up), fast n definitely a great help in keeping track of food intake, amounts of fats/carbs/proteins. I found out so much about my eating habits with this app, I used to be in such a cloud about my "healthy" eating habits, though I ate pretty good, turns out not enough of some things and waayyy to much of other (I was overloading on sugar without even realizing it), now I can balance all the important things my body needs. I feel good n energized for my runs:) Though I have a lot more I can improve in my diet, I'll stick to myfitnesspal to guide me in the right direction n keep me on the track!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • While I agree that MyFitnessPal is great, I prefer FatSecret. I have tried most loggers and it's my no1 choice.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Great suggestions, but are any of these sites linked to dailymile?

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Health & Fitness - Nutrition