Forums/

General Running

Looking for friends...please add me

posted almost 3 years ago | Report

Hello...I'm fairly new to DM and would really like to meet more people. I'm currently on the journey of my life...losing weight and feeling GREAT! I've lost 50 lbs since July 2012 and I'm hoping to lose another 30 by the end of the year.

My 2012 goals were to run a half and a full marathon. I ran my first half earlier this month and let's just say...I'm not ready for the full. I finished the half (2:57) but could not imagine continuing for another 13.1 miles...every bone in my bone ached. lol Needless to say, I found myself reevaluating my 2012 goals. My new plan is to run another half in October and run a full in 2013.

Every day I'm loving running more and more. Each day I'm getting faster and stronger and I LOVE IT!!

I only have 10 friends...would love more...please add me. :-)

For more information on my weight-loss journey...please "like" me on facebook. www.facebook.com/4fitmommas

29 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Hi there and welcome! I ran my first half this year as well (I've only been running since Jan 2011). I, too, am contemplating a marathon. I think we can encourage each other. I will send an FR. :)

posted almost 3 years ago

• Hey Fit Momma! Welcome, Friend Request sent.

• I need friends too! I rarely get comments and could sure use the encouragment to reach my goals. :)

• 50 Lbs. since July! Sweet! friend request sent.

• I am new, too!!! I am planning on running in November for a full marathon!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!!!!

• Welcome! I just did my first half a week ago and am signed up for my first full in Oct. We could all use friends and encouragement. Reqeust sent!

• Hi Fit Momma, Congrats on your 1/2! FR sent. I need friends & motivational stuff myself :)
    Great Job on the 50 lbs weight loss. That's outstanding, keep it up!

• Congratulations on your 50 pound weight loss and your first half marathon. I lost 50 pounds in my first year of running and eating better. Stabilized at the new weight for the last year. FR sent.

• Congratulations! You are doing great. Welcome to DM. FR sent. :)

• I'm running my first half in 5 days, sent a FR!

• Your training needs time! You are really determined! Good luck!

FR sent.

• in reply to what Marcie M. said:Welcome! I just did my first half a week ago and am signed up for my first full in Oct. We could all use friends and encouragement. Reqeust sent!

cool...what was your half marathon time? I'm still trying to figure out if I should go for the full or just let it go?!?!?

• Welcome to the DM family. It is great. Congrats on losing the weight, that is a great accomplishment. Friend request sent!

• Great going! I'm working my way up to a 10K right now! Congrats on all of your accomplishments. Friend request sent!

• awesome! im new here and im planning to run my first half in october. im adding ya! =)

• welcome and FR sent :) Can always use the motivation...anyone feel free to add me too!

posted over 2 years ago

• Friend request sent :) Congratulations on your first half!

posted over 2 years ago

• I'm in the same boat with the friend situation. I think I'd be a lot more motivated if I had some more ppl on here to interact with. Mom of 3-(4yrs, 2.5yrs, 1yrs) that generally come with me each time. Getting back into running after 11 years--yikes. I have been running a little here and there for the last month or two. Would love to meet some more mamas on here! FRing you. And anyone else; feel free to add me!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Momma., I just fisnished to read your history..!! I`m proud for your strong new lifestyle.. honestly sounds good honey and it used to be a pretty good start... well if you want to burn more fast your calories and adecuate your metabolism to your new body weigth i suggest you will make exercise every day like monday / wednesday / Friday Run 10k at fast you can (at your speed ok) Tuesday / Thursday like swin 1Km each, or make Elliptical / Rowing or Bike... and 200 abdominals every day...Another issue is take your weight (without clothes) every morning before running, and at night before got to sleep.. take a note a write it... repeat day by day.. there are two days left... well take a one .. i prefer the saturday and will make a long distance exercise like run or bike... at leats 20k for run or 60K for bike..Lets do this and you can reach your perfect body weigth as soon as you done right the homework :) Good luck sweetie..!! Pd. Sorry for my inglish is a little bit good..

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM, congrats on your weight loss, it is so amazing to set goals and fulfill them! I'm kind of new to DM also, don't have too many friends on here, would love to motivate you and get some motivation too! I am into running for about a year and a half now, have completed 3 half marathons, looking to up the mileage to a full marathon this year, but I'm scared of the length! I will add you as a friend, good luck with your training!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hello!
    I had the same goal to run a marathon this year, and at the last two miles of my half in May I could not imagine going another 13.1 either. My new goal is Oct of 2013 for a marathon. I am going to friend request you and I look forward to seeing your progress! Hopefully it will keep my motivation going as well! :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi and welcome to DM Fit Momma! I checked out your journey on FB and I am SO proud of you! Way to go! I have a similar journey. My wake up call was Dec. 2009 when I stepped on my family's newly purchased Wii Fit. I had been avoiding the scales because I didn't want to face reality. When my number popped up on the TV I was shocked. How had I let myself get to this point?

From this moment on I decided to move more and eat less. At first I only did the elliptical and walked. Then, starting March 27, 2011 I started to run. 342 days later I ran my first marathon and finished in 4hm30min!

Although I have lost 60 pounds, I'm still going because my journey is not over. You may read more about my journey at runstrongrun.blogspot.com

Again, congrats Fit Momma!

posted over 2 years ago

• I'm training for my 1st half in October so I could use some support too, just sent an FR.

posted over 2 years ago

• I ran/walked my first half in October of 2010 and had my first child in December...I'm working my way back fit and losing the weight slowly, but surely. I am running a half in September 2012, so I start training soon. I hope we can motivate each other!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hello FR sent

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome! Happy for you and all that you accomplished. Friend request sent! Looking forward to co-motivating!
    Pamela

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Runner G. said:I need friends too! I rarely get comments and could sure use the encouragment to reach my goals. :)

FR sent... I'm a friend of Steve P. Going to rename him Boogie P after his latest race post. Good luck in your running.

posted over 2 years ago

• Congrats on the 1/2. I did my first half earlier this year as well. Still on the fence about a full...the half was tough! FR sent

posted over 2 years ago

• Congrats on the half and good luck with your goals ! Friend request sent !

posted over 2 years ago