Answers/

General Running

User_avatar Deleted User

After running?

asked over 2 years ago | Report

What does everyone eat/drink after a run? I was drinking chocolate milk, but they don't sell my kind anymore (I'm picky). Any suggestions?

5 answers

scroll to bottom
  • Hhhmm....I was having issues with the eating myself...was getting headaches...now I make sure I drink a glass of 1% chocolate milk within 15 minutes after a run...I like organic:) Then within an hour I try to have some type of complex carb, like either whole grain waffles, with almond butter and strawberries or maybe wheat toast with eggs and some fruit? If I run before lunch at work, i drink my milk right after and then usually eat my lunch which is either turkey on whole wheat, with a salad or I have salad with either tuna or chicken and triscuits....this seems to be doing the trick for me as long as I hydrate and eat...no headaches

answered over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like chocolate milk as well. But since they don't carry your kind anymore, it's tough to say. If I don't have the chocolate milk, I either go with a protein shot, or Gatorade recovery drink, if it was a long run. For shorter runs, I just stick with water or diluted sports drink. Before my runs, I usually eat half of a banana if I'm not overly hungry. After the run, I'll eat the other half. If I don't eat anything before, I'll eat a whole banana after the run.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • On runs over an hour I'll drink a recover drink (I like Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator) and eat a banana. On runs under an hour just water and a banana.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I mostly just drink water, and usually never eat anything after I run. Sometimes if it's an early morning run I'll get over my run, get cleaned up, and then eat some breakfast. But I've always had to wait a bit, (nothing right after). God Bless..+ Jimmy. ( =

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Heather: I drink water or Gatorade and eat some peanuts and raisins..sometimes some sort of granola bar, banana.

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Running - General Running