Forums/

Bugs and Support

7+ Pages of Spam? Seriously?

posted almost 2 years ago | Report

I'm sure the forums are a low priority for dailymile, but if you want to promote a community here (and really, that's the only thing DM has over any other site offering the same if not better tracking information) then may I humbly suggest you do something about the forum spam? How hard is it to remove a user and their posts, or perhaps implement an option where users can ignore other users?

You have one account with literally pages and pages of your forums full of his spam topics. The report button on posts does nothing.

And yeah, I realize there are other posts about this - but perhaps if valid users spam YOU it will be understood faster how annoying it is to US, your users.

• Agreed. Anti-spam measures are pretty easy to implement these days.

posted almost 2 years ago

• They've also started commenting on people's actual workouts now. I know DM is a bit behind the times, but come on.

• This is mental. No response from DM admins either here or on Twitter.

• Yes, it is mental. Posts like this are either being ignored or there are just not enough people working for/on DM to give the forums the support they need.

• in reply to what Michael said:Yes, it is mental. Posts like this are either being ignored or there are just not enough people working for/on DM to give the forums the support they need.

We're working on improving the spam filter. Sorry for the issues!

• This is getting a bit ridiculous. I know that the site staff is working on this issue as they kindly responded to my message notifying them of massive amounts of Spam on the boards.

It would probably make some sense to hire, even if temporarily, some site moderators that can remove and mitigate this issue. It isn't much of a stretch to imagine that this is driving traffic away from DM. I know it is causing me to avoid the site.

Good Luck DM Admins.

posted over 1 year ago

• Here we go again, the whole front page taken over again

posted over 1 year ago

• Oh dear...... maybe DM should ditch this forum software and go for something like phpBB (like Garmin have done).

posted over 1 year ago