Forums/

Anything Goes

Anyone use the Motorola MOTOACTV?

posted about 3 years ago | Report

Honestly don't know why no one else makes a gps,heart rate, mp3 with Bluetooth for wireless headphones. This has it all, but its pricey. Anyone use the Motorola MOTOACTV? Pros, Cons? Is it worth the dough?

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/MOTOACTV/MOTOACTV/MOTOACTV-US-EN

13 posts

scroll to bottom
  • I don't use one, but I've read many times that the battery life is horrid. That was enough for me to stay away.

posted about 3 years ago

• Thanks for the tip! I've only seen one review that says that, which I thought was strange given the specs of 20 hour (inside) - 9 hours (outside gps) playback battery life; and 325 standby time. I'll keep researching.

posted about 3 years ago | edited about 3 years ago

• I'd go look at the Motorola forums.. lots of people there complain about it. But then again, the complainers are always the most vocal as the people that are happy usually don't say anything.

posted about 3 years ago

• Looks like there was an update and the battery life is no longer an issue :)

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/08/motorolas-motoactv-gets-software-update-march-9th-brings-40-ne/

posted about 3 years ago

• i have one, the battery life isn't bad at all, it was at the beginning but they do patches for it nearly every week at this point and it only gets better. the only thing that is annoying is that you have to use their site for tracking, there is a web app that will port it over to daily mile but it doesn't take into account stop and start time. but as a tool it is pretty sweet, i appreciate that it builds playlist based on my performance and what I was listening to at the time. (among other things)

posted about 3 years ago

• Thanks @SeifT! I went ahead and purchased it after I noticed they had fixed the battery life issues. I agree with you in that it stinks that we have to use their site, but it is the most comprehensive tool I've found, and it is totally cool that it remembers which songs make us preform better. :)

I heart my MOTOACTV!

posted about 3 years ago

• in reply to what Tory N. said:Thanks @SeifT! I went ahead and purchased it after I noticed they had fixed the battery life issues. I agree with you in that it stinks that we have to use their site, but it is the most comprehensive tool I've found, and it is totally cool... read more

That is a pretty neat feature, remembering which songs you perform best to!

posted about 3 years ago

• It will only work in location where you have 3G. It's not a true GPS.

posted about 3 years ago

• That's not the case, Brendan. MOTOACTV does not have a cellular modem, so you do not need to be in a location where you have 3G. It's a true, stand-alone GPS fitness tracker.

posted about 3 years ago

• Its actually a true GPS unit. There is no 3G involved.

posted about 3 years ago

• Jan
    Jan Sendmail

Glad to hear that you like it. I'm interested in it as soon as they add audible alerts without earbuds. As I understand it, the only alerts are via the earbuds as opposed to beeping from the watch itself. If I'm running with a friend I wouldn't want earbuds in and many races (and all triathlons) do not allow earbuds. I imagine it'll just keep getting better and better!

posted about 3 years ago

• Now that you've had it a while, how is the battery life? Are you still very happy with it?

posted about 3 years ago

• I've had mine for awhile....the Bluetooth headphones are kick ass...no cord...I'm sold!

posted about 3 years ago