Marine Corps Marathon 2009

Weather:
Local Weather

Spinner  Checking weather...

Website:

Race Reports

• Christopher V.

Nice Race - DC Metro Post Race - Oh Boy!

Nice race and ran it in 4:23. From Florida so the hills were a new experience. Only downside to this event was the Post-Race Metro Experience. If we do the event again we would stay at the Hyatt or one of the ones that didn't require getting on the Metro as it was chaos. Otherwise thumbs up and great to see all our Armed Forces out today and those who Love them.

by Christopher V.
See All 1 Reviews <span class="more_arrow" style="padding: 0 10px"> </span>

Comments

Becky S.

I'm with you on that! I ran Marine Corps Marathon last year and we had to walk a mile just to get on the Metro! Never did find any recovery food! Loved the marathon and want to do it again but I agree, we'll stay downtown next time! I thought I was going to throw up on that Metro with all the people crammed in there! Congrats on a good race!

about 9 years ago
    Kim O.

Good luck on your run tomorrow!!

about 9 years ago
    Nicole B.

Does anyone have 2 extra tickets to the Carbo Dining In?

about 9 years ago
    Cathy K.

This years weather should be in the 50's and sunny.Good luck to all who will be there!

about 9 years ago
    Clem G.

what kind of temperatures do you typically have during the MCM? Im thinking of running it in the next couple of years if the temps are favorable. I like running in above 40 and below 70 temps.

about 9 years ago
    Dee

**Update: this bib has been sold!**
    Hi all!

Does anyone need a bib for the MCM? I broke my foot and I can't run for a few months. Just looking to recover my cost ($88) and buyer pays the $25 transfer fee.

Good Luck to everyone!

Happy (and Healthy) Running,
    Dee

about 9 years ago
    Paul S.

Boy this Andy O. has his game face on! Keep up the good work!

about 9 years ago
    Andy O.

Me again. Per my older comments, you may wonder which side is shorter in length before the merge. Well, as you might have guessed, they're the same length. If you look at the MCM's twitter profile background image, you can see the staggered start lines:

about 9 years ago
    Andy O.

If you haven't already, you can see a GoogleMaps Street View of the 2 routes. It gives a better picture. The merge to the right (from the left route) may be tight, due to small median openings on Wilson Blvd.

I remember running on the left side when I ran the 2007 MCM. Everyone around me and myself were envious of the right side runners as they appeared to be descending down, while we were slowly "climbing" up our ramp. But, they probably had a faster climb after their descent. Probably, evened out in the end.

But, I'll probably be in the right lane this year. Easier merge.

over 9 years ago
    Paul S.

psherman here...I heard that Andy O! May make sense to be on the right to begin with especially since you soon after have to make that right turn...kinda like track running--stay to the inside!

over 9 years ago

Log in or Sign up (it's free) to leave a comment.