You've got to login or join dailymile to do that
- 564 total / 7 in 2013
I survived the 2010 New York City Marathon! And now I have to run it again! NYC 2012!
Christina ran: I don't know what hap...
Dailymile makes it easy to keep track of your workouts. Map your routes and share with a community of active people.
- 3 miles
- 00:32 time
- 09:31 pace
- 319 calories
I don't know what happened since this was the 25th year of this event but it was absurdly unorganized.
(1) Shuttle bus system to get runners & walkers from the designated parking lot broke down - as in, it just did not work. It didn't get the runners to the starting line on time.
(2) the lines to pick up the bibs were ridiculously long & unorganized unless you made an effort to make sure you were in the proper line
(3) the runners started 45 minutes after their start time
(4) the starting line was not clear at all
(5) some walkers started with runners even though they were supposed to start after runners
(6) the course needed more volunteers at designated spots to steer the crowd.. we actually should have turned clockwise at the turn-around instead of counter clockwise
(7) shuttle bus system to get people from the finish area also failed (no surprise).
Basically, by the time people were ready to leave, they were fed up with the lack of efficiency. Fortunately, I avoided #1 (parked close to starting line) & #7 (a friend was able to drive down to the park & pick my group up).
Very few pluses..
(1) the 5K runners had first dibs on pretty much everything since we finished first. No lines for t-shirts, food, massages, etc
(2) finish area (Ross Dock Picnic Area) is amazing, absolutely gorgeous
(3) i liked the route, interesting mix of bridge running + scenic route
(4) I converted 4 friends into runners today! (They love bling as much as I do!)
I am still glad I did the run but I would not do it again. It made me REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate NYRR.