You've got to login or join dailymile to do that
Ed H. ran: Things I learned duri...
Dailymile makes it easy to keep track of your workouts. Map your routes and share with a community of active people.
- 15 miles
- 02:56 time
- 11:25 pace
- 2102 calories
Things I learned during this run:
* I LOVE my new Nike DriFit running socks. They made the arch support in the shoes feel like it wasn't there.
* If there was ever a question of what it feels like to bonk, it has been answered for me. I felt great until mile 11, when I started having GI issues. At mile 12, I started feeling dizzy, so I walked to mile 13, where I tried to do two 5-minute running intervals, after that I knew I was done, and I had to walk it in the rest of the way.
* No matter how much you hydrate the night before (and I did a lot), running in the heat is tough.
* I will never use Clif Shots gels. They were ok at the start, but at mile 11, I started having stomach issues.
* I need to figure out a better nutrition plan.
* I need to get my lazy butt up earlier in the morning in order to avoid this heat. starting a long run at 7:30 isn't going to cut it.