You've got to login or join dailymile to do that
- 812 total / 0 in 2017
Jennifer Z. ran: This was my first off...
Dailymile makes it easy to keep track of your workouts. Map your routes and share with a community of active people.
- 4 miles
- 0:00 time
- 0:00 pace
- 379 calories
This was my first official run in my new VFF bikilas and let me just say it was awesome! I walked for the first .2 miles as a bit of a warm up and then took off. I kept the pace slow and easy at first until I got used to my running stride in them. It felt strange for the first couple of minutes but then I found a stride that worked and focused on short steps and forefoot planting. I had just planned to do one mile run with a half mile walk, but the run part felt so good I just kept going. Several things I noticed about running in the VFFs:
- Much less knee pain at the beginning of the run. Usually I have to warm up for a mile before my knee pain subsides.
- My feet felt light as air.
- I kept a speedier pace overall and leg turnover felt more efficient
- My feet started to fatigue toward the end of 4
- My left calf muscle started to fatigue toward the end of 4
Overall I really liked running in the VFFs. They will definitely become part of my weekly running routine. I really think they improved my stride. 4 miles was about my limit in them right now, but I hope to work up to higher mileage as my feet and calves become stronger. Now let's see how sore I am tomorrow from running in them.