Answers/

Nutrition

Herbalife (not a salesman) and Running? Help Please! :-)

asked over 2 years ago | Report

My main objective in my fitness plan is to lose weight. In the future i would love to participate in some races, however i am not training for that right now...
With that said, here is my typical daily meals:
Breakfast and lunch: Herbalife shakes,
dinner: normal, reasonably heathly dinner;
a couple of snacks in between (like almonds, protein bar, fruits, etc..)

Workout routine: Run 3-7 miles/4-6 times a week (basically 16-30 miles/week), high rep/low weight workouts on the bow flex 3-4 times a week.

Has anyone else used Herbalife as part of their weightless/fitness program?

A couple of people i have talked to, that know my routine, have said they thought that i was not getting enough calories. My idea is to burn more calories than i intake..?? right??
I am losing weight... My run times are getting better almost every run...
What do you guys think????????

4 answers

scroll to bottom
  • I got on-board with that years ago. I took it daily while on a deployment with the US Navy. I was working out twice a day at this point, running or rowing in the AM and lifting before lunch. We worked 12 on 12 off, the workout schedule was kind of crazy. Considering the cost of the supplement and that I personally did not see any positive change I decided it was not worth it after the first 3 months.

Sounds like you are seeing improvement, I'd stick with it. Nothing crazy about what you are eating or "not" eating. Keep on keep'n on!

answered over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I started using some of their '24' products (prepare and rebuild) in Jan 2012 and have noticed an improvement on my favorite 'loop' ride. My times have gone down ~11% which is phenomenal. I had reached a plateau for a while and had some training partners using the 24 products with good results.

I've lost 2% of body fat (from 17 to 15) which is unexpected, I didn't think I needed to lose weight but there u go :)

Can't complain really! re the price, like most of the high quality stuff out there it's not super cheap but I get it online @ a discount and free shipping so it's all good.

Cheers,
    Rob

answered almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have had great luck with their products. I have the same amount, breackfast and lunch. I also use their rebuild product after tough runs, keeps the stiffness down. I have lost 12 lbs and took off 10 minites on my 10K time.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • What is this Herbalife shake?

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Health & Fitness - Nutrition