Forums/

Newbies

Newb in Minnesota! Any trail runners?

posted over 1 year ago | Report

I'm looking for some motivating friends who like to trail run, or road running is cool too. I just love the feeling of being out in nature on the trails without the crowds. I'm planning to do my first 10k race at the end of Oct and hopefully the superior 25k in the spring. I might even train for some sprint or olympic tris in the future. Just bought my first road bike.

I'm also interested in vegan recipes for training. I haven't converted fully yet, but am transitioning.

Most of my friends are more into going out to shows and drinking late into the night, which I've left behind (used to play in local bands), so it'd be nice to meet some people, even via the web, who share my newer interests.

• Adam hello FR sent

posted over 1 year ago

• I've never done any trail running, but a friend request is sent nonetheless:)

posted over 1 year ago

• I read too many serial killer/murder mysteries to run trails. haha FR sent anyway.

posted over 1 year ago

• As a guy, I often forget that it it's more dangerous for women out on trails alone. I was reminded of that last week. I was running on a trail that I've maybe seen one other person on, ever, so at 7am, it was still kind of dark and a woman came running from the other direction. I think she was pretty surprised to see me too. I wouldn't want my wife running those trails alone, even though we're in a pretty safe area. Too bad since it's so beautiful to be out there.

posted over 1 year ago

• No trail running for me neither but plenty of road running as I'm a city bloke myself and trails are much harder to find. FR sent.

posted over 1 year ago

• Welcome Adam I use to live on the far SW edge of the Twin Cities metro (Chaska). Some awesome trails in the greater Twin Cities area. Kinda wish I lived there sometimes so I could do more trail runs and less pavement. FR on the way. Cheers, Jeff

posted over 1 year ago

• Welcome and FR sent :-) Anyone feel free to add me too...always looking for extra motivation!

posted over 1 year ago