Forums/

Newbies

New to DM and would like to make friends!

posted about 2 years ago | Report

Hi there, I'm new to Daily Mile. I've been running very small distances for about 2 years (and I seem to be very injury prone- but that's a topic for another discussion). Anyway, I'm slowly increasing my milage as I'm training for my first 1/2 marathon!!! DM seems like a nice way to connect- so I'm looking for DM friends with the same sort of goals and the same determination to muscle through every possible challenge. Please feel free to friend me :)

27 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Thanks so much for the friend requests!!

posted about 2 years ago

• Way to go on setting a goal. You will love it here on DM. These people are great at motivating. FR sent to ya!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Stephanie O. said:Way to go on setting a goal. You will love it here on DM. These people are great at motivating. FR sent to ya!

Thank you Stephanie!! :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Goals are good !! I am injury prone also :) I am doing a half marathon in December. so I will send a friend request when I figure it out !! as I am new also :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi there. I am new to DM as well. I started running since May this year. Each run, I have pain. So we are kind of alike. I just to determine whether the pain was from structural or not. If it is, such as joints and parts are align well, then I walk and stretch. If it is simply muscle, I run and walk. Good luck with your HM.

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Kelli A. said:Goals are good !! I am injury prone also :) I am doing a half marathon in December. so I will send a friend request when I figure it out !! as I am new also :)

Thanks for the friend request Kelli, I look forward to following your posts :)

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Julian L. said:Hi there. I am new to DM as well. I started running since May this year. Each run, I have pain. So we are kind of alike. I just to determine whether the pain was from structural or not. If it is, such as joints and parts are align well, then I wal... read more

Hi Julian, You seem to already be quite an awesome& resilient runner (at the top of my leader board)!! It's inspiring to see that. I do everything I know of to decrease my frequency of injuries (e.g. make sure that I have good shoes &other gear, good running form, stretch and cool down, etc). So we'll see how things go for me. I feel excited about running. Thank you for reaching out to me and for the well wishes.

posted about 2 years ago | edited about 2 years ago

• Hello Kiki. I am new to DM as well. I am also new to running. Good luck on your goal of a half marathon. I am running in my first 5K in 4 weeks.
    FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Hey Kiki, I'm trying to get back to running and need all the motivation i can get. FR sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• I'm new to DM too- my big goal is to run the half marathon in my area next May- I'm slowly increasing my mileage. I'll send you a FR! :)

posted about 2 years ago

• I've finished 9 marathons, but things have come slow for me, and I can identify with the knee problems, and hope you are able to work through it.
    Over the past 4-5 years I've been able to eliminate knee pain and increase my times to the 10:00-12:00 range through running form.
    The last 4-5 weeks I've been totally hooked on EvolutionRunning.com , which has not only helped my running times, but its incredible for building up the support muscles that help support the knees. - hard to go wrong by giving it a try :-)

Good luck with the training for your first HM!!
    FR sent :-)

posted about 2 years ago

• Seems we have some things in common. I have also been training for a little over two years. In the last 6 months I have been sidetracked by two different injuries. I just started training for my first half two weeks ago. FR sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM & FR sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hey,

I'm also training for my first HM. Good luck. FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Mark said:Hello Kiki. I am new to DM as well. I am also new to running. Good luck on your goal of a half marathon. I am running in my first 5K in 4 weeks. FR sent

Hi Mark, Thanks, all the best to you on your first 5k! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Rhonda T. said:Seems we have some things in common. I have also been training for a little over two years. In the last 6 months I have been sidetracked by two different injuries. I just started training for my first half two weeks ago. FR sent!

Thanks Rhonda :)

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Bryan P. said:I've finished 9 marathons, but things have come slow for me, and I can identify with the knee problems, and hope you are able to work through it. Over the past 4-5 years I've been able to eliminate knee pain and increase my times to the ... read more

Thanks for the website Brian am I headed to evoluntionrunning.com right now to check it out :) :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome. I'm a newbie. On 5 th week of couch to 5k

posted about 2 years ago

• sent request

posted about 2 years ago

• Hello FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Newbie too! Will FR you

posted about 2 years ago

• A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step. This is an awesome site! Welcome, and FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi there! I'd love to make some friends on here too!

What kind of injuries are you suffering from? I used to be so injury prone, but {knock on wood} I've been doing well lately. Where will your first half be? What a great goal to set for yourself!

posted about 2 years ago

• FR sent

posted about 2 years ago | edited almost 2 years ago

• in reply to what Roderick S. said:Welcome. I'm a newbie. On 5 th week of couch to 5k

I'm on my 4th week of couch to 5k. How long is your plan? When are u going to run your first 5k?

posted about 2 years ago

• Im new here too! need friends for motivations! add me :)

posted almost 2 years ago

• Welcome and FR sent :-) Anyone feel free to add me too...always looking for extra motivation!

posted almost 2 years ago