Forums/

Newbies

New to DM

posted about 2 years ago | Report

G'day all, I've uploaded a bunch of data from the good ol' iPhone so although there's a bit of data I'm only new to this and I only know 1 other person whose using it (my wife after I set hers up)

Anyways I'm from Newcastle, Australia.

Currently returning to running after a break and good ol' shin splints which have led me into minimalsit running. Currently running in Vibram Five Fingers.

I also spend alot of my runs with my 17 month old son so I'm pushing a pram and as I've just found out I've done 125kms with him since June.....

Aiming for a half marathon in September and just generally improving my 5 and 10km times.

Have gotten on the Parkrun and love the concept. Local one is Newy Parkrun so if your in the area come down on a Saturday morning at 8am.

Looking forward to meeting other runners both locally and abroad.

• Hi Mark and welcome to DM. Great profile pic! FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Thanks Alan, taken the other week at the 1st Sydney Harbour 10k.

First time sub 50 minute as well. Went 49:45 was more than stoked with that result. Wanted a sub 60 minute after being questioned when asking about starting position. Apparently starting at the back was safer for other runners however when I looked up my start and finish position... I might have been better off starting with the other pack. I ended up starting 2000th and finish 916th.....

posted about 2 years ago

• Hello, and welcome to the DM community! Great goals! Sending a friend request.

posted about 2 years ago

• Mark, yes, welcome to DM. I too am getting back to running. It's been 20+ years since I've done any significant running. Im training for my first marathon here in Omaha in September and improved 5k times like you. Best of luck to you. Keep it up.

posted about 2 years ago

• FR coming. Great time on the 10k!

posted about 2 years ago

• well done on getting involved with parkrun - i love them. welcome to dm - fr sent!

posted about 2 years ago