Forums/

Newbies

New to DM and training for my first Half Marathon

posted about 2 years ago | Report

Hey everyone. I've been using the runmeter app to log my training workouts and posting those workouts to DM for a month or so but I'd never bothered to play around on the site until last week so I'm pretty new here.

I've run a few 10K's and just started training for a half marathon which will be in October. I could use some friends for montivation, advice and just general all around fun. :)

10 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Welcome to DM Erica! :-)

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Erica, congratulations, a Half Marathon is a good challenge. I've been watching your training workouts and you are making a good work. Keep on this track I'm sure you are going to get your goal.

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Toni L. said:Hi Erica, congratulations, a Half Marathon is a good challenge. I've been watching your training workouts and you are making a good work. Keep on this track I'm sure you are going to get your goal.

Thanks Toni, I usually run by myself but I recently joined a group of runners that are all training for the same 1/2... it's nice to have an actual plan. ;)

posted about 2 years ago

• Im training for my first half in october too! I havent found a group that seems to work with my slower pace but id like to join one. Good luck!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM! FR sent! I'm training for my third half coming up in Sept. It's such a great experience. I look forward to your progress!

posted about 2 years ago

• There is a Running Room pretty close to my house and they had a Half Marathon clinic starting last week that ends the same day as my first Half Marathon (even though it's for a different event). There are 60 people in the clinic so they have created groups for every pace goal (which is awesome!). I'm not sure where I fall exactly yet since I'm so new to running but I'm hoping for around 2:00. I'm not really concerned about my goal pace, I'll just be happy to run the first one... who knows what the future may bring? :)

What's your goal pace? Are you interested in joining a clinic or do you prefer to run alone? I've never run with other people before (except the occasional 10K race) but so far I'm really enjoying it.

posted about 2 years ago

• Your third half! You must have enjoyed the first two. :) I keep feeling surprised that I'm training for a half. I've never considered myself to be a runner with the 5Ks and occasional 10Ks... I can't believe how much I like the feeling of running. Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day and I was looking around at the river and fields and thinking... 'wow, normally I'd be inside reading my book and here I am running 9k.' It felt fabulous.

posted about 2 years ago

• FR sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• Let's do this!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM. I just ran my first half marathon race at the beginning of the month. I sent you a FR.

posted about 2 years ago