Forums/

Newbies

Slow Mama

posted over 2 years ago | Report

I'm finishing Couch to 5k for the second time because I figured it was finally time to lose the baby weight. (My baby's 2, so I definitely took my time coming to that decision!) I'm slow, but I'm determined... So determined that I've signed up for my first 5k next month and I'm aiming for a half marathon in October. I'm looking for friends for encouragement and support. :)

13 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Slow is better than no go. Welcome to DM. FR sent

posted over 2 years ago

• You go girl!!! :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Slow takes courage to keep going. I have a feeling you're a lioness. Hopefully you're as encourage as I am by the chorus of the song "Slow and Steady" by Of Monsters and Men:

I move slow and steady
    But I feel like a waterfall
    I move slow and steady
    Past the walls that I used to know

posted over 2 years ago

• Who cares about slow....I'm slow and love it!

posted over 2 years ago

• You're the member of a very large club. We slowbies are a lot of fun, though, and we get to see a lot of stuff faster people don't get to see. Keep it up, it's all about the running, for many of us, and speed's just not an issue. <3

posted over 2 years ago | edited over 2 years ago

• Speed is not important but endurance! FR sent.

posted over 2 years ago

• I always say "slow and steady wins the race"! I am not a fast runner either...I even have a blog entitled "notsofastmomma". You are going to do great! FR sent!

posted over 2 years ago

• Thanks, everyone! You guys are the best! I definitely feel more motivated now. :)

posted over 2 years ago

• I will agree with everyone else said. Slow miles are better than no miles.
    I find that at races all of us "slowbies" are so fun and encouraging!
    Congrats on starting you journey. Keep at it, besides your medal will look the same as the person who crosses first or 150th!!

posted over 2 years ago

• Best thing I heard (AKA-Read online) when I started running in March and felt super slow:

DLF>DNF>DNS (Dead Last Finish beats Did Not Finish beats Did Not Start)

Just have fun and be healthy. FR sent!

(And, for what it's worth---my little one was 2.5 when I started running/exercising in March. :-) Better late than never!)

posted over 2 years ago

• My youngest is 14, so I'm even slower than you are LOL!! You can do it :)

posted over 2 years ago

• I am new to DM this week also and was feeling pathetic as I posted my slow runs. We all have to stop comparing ourselves to others and just do our best. The main thing is that we are out there and don't give up easily. Stay strong--we can do this!!

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Kathy P. said:I am new to DM this week also and was feeling pathetic as I posted my slow runs. We all have to stop comparing ourselves to others and just do our best. The main thing is that we are out there and don't give up easily. Stay strong--we can do ... read more

Well said Kathy!

posted over 2 years ago