Forums/

Newbies

"Newbie" with no DM friends!

posted over 2 years ago | Report

Hi! I'm Nancy. I'm 50-something and am trying to shed some weight (lots) and get back into the shape I was in when I was in the Air Force (I'm retired). I bought a treadmill last spring that came with a year of iFit which I did until recently (didn't renew). Since then, I found the Beatburn apps for iPhone (I think Android, too), which, personally, I like SO much better then iFit and it's much cheaper. I like them so much I bought 4 of them - Elliptical, Bike, Treadmill, and Easy 5K (I have nothing to do with the company - just a happy customer!). I'm up to 1.5 hours combined of these programs almost daily. I've added an elliptical and recumbent exercise bike to my little home gym, thanks to my husband!! I used the 5K program to train for my first 5K (in a long, long time) that I "ran" on May 5th. I beat the time I was hoping for, so I'm happy with that!! For weight loss, I'm doing Weight Watchers online. Pounds are coming off really slow but I'm hanging in there.

I've input all of my workouts clear back a year into DM. Don't have any friends on here yet. Would love to be friends with some folks to motivate each other and to share trials and tribulations. If you're game and/or in need of friends, too, please send me an FR! Thanks!

13 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Hi Nancy! I will send you a friend request. I am new here too but so far people have been really welcoming and supportive. I will have to check out those apps.

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi, Jami!! Good to be friends here! I see you are at about the same place I am, running-wise. I'm just getting going again. "Ran" a 5k at the beginning of the month. Made my personal goals. I was pretty pokey, though! On a weight loss journey as well. I have a long way to go to where I was when I retired from the Air Force! I'm determined to get there!!! :-). I'll look for your friend request!

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome and FR sent! Anyone feel free to add me as well...can always use more motivation :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Nancy!

Sounds like you have a great routine going. Welcome!

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM! Sounds like you have quite the routine. Between the workouts and e weight watchers, the pounds will be falling off soon! Just stick with it! FR sent!

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM!! :-D Sending request!

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM Nancy! I suspect you will enjoy this site, lot's of great folks here to share trials and tribulations with, receive motivation and discover some very inspirational folks.

posted over 2 years ago

• Nancy hello, can't have that, FR sent

posted over 2 years ago

• Nancy, welcome. I am also in my 50's and fairly new to running. Happy to hear more about ways that folks are motivating themselves to be healthy.

posted over 2 years ago

• My fav is DM "donuts burned" stat. Donuts are my kryptonite ... lol! I am a decade younger but fluffy and trying to stave off obesity related health issues (and look good naked eventually) although the knees try to slow me down. I'm a former high school cheerleader and coach so motivating others is my thing. Working on getting my group fitness leader certification. FR sent!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Nancy :) My name is Maleike and I started to run a half year ago. I´m totally new on DM as well! I´m in serious training for my first 5k in June 24th and sometimes with work and all that it kicks my butt. Lol. I know what you mean about keep going with exercises. At the end it should be fun, right? Then the pounds leave from alone. I search for friends here like you do and I´m gonna send you a friend request :) I´m good to motivate and support! Hope to meet more nice friends on here! Feel free to add me and lets share some experiences :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Jan
    Jan Sendmail

Hi Nancy and welcome! I love your story. I think with your consistency and variety of workouts combined with weight watchers, you will absolutely meet your goals!! I really admire your "slow & steady" approach; I believe that's what works for the long haul. FR sent and I look forward to encouraging each other!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Nancy, I am new here as well. I am sending you a friend request. Stick with it & those lbs
    will definately come off!! :)

posted about 2 years ago