Forums/

Newbies

New to DM, looking for friends!

posted over 2 years ago | Report

I've been running for about three years now, and am looking to ramp up my training! I'd like to use DM for motivation, inspiration and education! My training goal is to break 2 hours for the half... anyone out there looking to do the same??

18 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Welcome and FR Sent! Anyone feel free to add me as well...can always use the motivation :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM. A sub 2hr finish is a great goal for the half. FR sent :)

posted over 2 years ago

• An impressive goal to aim for, FR sent.

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM Karis, I too am trying to break the two hour goal in the 1/2. I have just recently raced another 1/2 last weekend but the sub 2 hours still is elusive for me, sigh. I think you will find this site a great place to receive the motivation to keep you trying, I know I am :-)

posted over 2 years ago

• Karis, hello FR sent

posted over 2 years ago

• Yes looking to do 3 half marathons this year first one is to break 2 hour mark and the second to hopefully break 1.50 mark

posted over 2 years ago

• yes my goal too . 6 weeks to my second half marathon 2hrs 20 for first one . i like a challenge FR sent

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome, Karis! FR sent.

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome Karis! I broke 2 hrs at my first half marathon last month and am currently training for both the Chicago Rock 'n' Roll half in July (goal -break 1:50) and chicago Marathon in October.

FR sent!

posted over 2 years ago

• I'm running the Edinburgh half on Sunday & I'm aiming to beat 2hrs for the first time... after failing miserably in the Great North Run last year. My training runs have been spot on pace so far so fingers crossed.

FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM!

posted about 2 years ago

• I've been running for about a year, and I've got a sub-2 on the wish list as well...I'm using DM for the same reasons. Had hopes of making my goal on Sunday, but had a lingering leg issue that held me back - but I still had a fun time running it. FR sent! (And anyone feel free to add me - my DM network is pretty small!)

posted about 2 years ago

• I'm pretty new to the site but new to running too. I've entered the Great North Run and would be happy to finish feeling ok.

posted about 2 years ago

• FR sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Karis and welcome to DM. I've yet to run a half but sent you a FR anyway

posted about 2 years ago

• welcome to DM - FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM - I too started to track my training. FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi, Karis!

I can help with the motivation and inspiration!

FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago