Forums/

Newbies

Newbie looking for advice/friends

posted about 2 years ago | Report

Aloha all! I recently found out about this site through an app on my phone and I think I've fallen in love. I like being able to have a visual picture of my workouts and how it motivates me to not be lazy and skip workouts. I have been casually running for a couple years, but only recently started taking it more serious in hopes of running the 2012 Honolulu Marathon in under 5 hours. I also just bought a road bike this past month and I'm aiming to complete the Honolulu Century Ride in September. It would be great to have friends to follow so we can feed off of each others motivation and energy to accomplish our goals!

18 posts

scroll to bottom
  • FR Sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome and FR sent! Anyone feel free to add me as well...can always use the motivation :)

posted about 2 years ago

• Aloha Jarrett. FR sent :)

posted about 2 years ago

• You're WAY more hardcore than I am, but FR sent :D ... say is that a pic from Tough Mudder?

posted about 2 years ago

• I wish Tough Mudder would come down here. The pic is from Warrior Dash, an extremely watered down version of Tough Mudder. It was still loads of fun though!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Jarrett said:I wish Tough Mudder would come down here. The pic is from Warrior Dash, an extremely watered down version of Tough Mudder. It was still loads of fun though!

Welcome

posted about 2 years ago

• FR Sent. Welcome to DM - I'm new mself and could use the motivation.

posted about 2 years ago

• Request sent. Being a trainer, I would love to motivate, advice and walk with you towards achieving your goals.

posted about 2 years ago

• Aloha Jarrett! Sent a FR. I grew up on Oahu, back in the 80s....am hoping to run the Honolulu Marathon too, sometime in the future. Or the Big Island marathon, but I wonder about the elevation on that one! For now I've been running the Marine Corps Marathon every year. Good stuff. Mahalo!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM Jarrett, you have set yourself some excellent goals. You have come to the right place to find motivation and to discover some very inspirational folks!

posted about 2 years ago

• Aloha to you! I was born in Hawaii but now live in Michigan. I congratulate you on your Marathon goal. I am running my second half marathon this fall and am back to training for that and a few 5Ks this summer.

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM!

posted about 2 years ago

• Aloha Jarrett, sending a FR. Awesome you are from Hawaii!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Joy, I too was born in Hawaii which is very cool. Oahu. What part were you born in?

posted about 2 years ago

• Cool image!! We have a Warrior's Dash coming up near my area and I think I may give it a try. I am also pretty new to DM and have found the motivation from others a great boost. I'm always looking for outside motivation too..FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Request sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome & sent FR!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome to DM! I took a hiatus so I'm kind of new again. You'll definitely find motivation and encouragement here, Training for a marathon in November. Let's go! FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago