Forums/

Newbies

Hey I'm new to DM

posted over 2 years ago | Report

I've been running for about 6 years now. Mostly 5k and 10k. I'm currently building mileage to train for a half marathon in the fall.

Looking for more friends for motivation.

31 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Hi Caroline. I'm also training for a half - mine is at the end of May.

Friend request and motivation coming your way!

posted over 2 years ago

• Good luck with the training! You'll find nothing but support here.

FR on the way!

posted over 2 years ago

• Good luck, I am also training for a half (in a few weeks).

posted over 2 years ago

• Best of luck ...with a history of 5K/ 10K - you will do a half nicely..!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hey! I was just in your shoes a few months ago, totally possible, just keep at it :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi and welcome :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Look no further,by the way i have a great motivational video i think you would like.

posted over 2 years ago

• Thanks everyone! Good luck to everyone with races coming up!

I trained for a half 2 years ago but pulled a muscle just weeks before the race. I couldn't run but I walked it in 3 hours 45minutes. I didn't want a dnf. Last year I just couldn't get in the groove for running. It was a struggle and I wasn't 'loving it'. This year is different, I'm having good runs and feel good both before and after.

posted over 2 years ago

• I'm new here too, running now for around 4 years. I was side-lined Jan.29th at 1:03pm with a stress fracture while I was training for lansing marathon which would have been my 4th. How did you find this site?

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Scott said:I'm new here too, running now for around 4 years. I was side-lined Jan.29th at 1:03pm with a stress fracture while I was training for lansing marathon which would have been my 4th. How did you find this site?

2 of my friends have been using it for over a year to post their runs to facebook. That's too bad about the stress fracture. How are you doing now?

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome. This site is great for motivation and tracking your runs. FR sent.

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome, I just did my first half last month and it was an awesome experience. FR sent!

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome Caroline! I tapering for my first half on the 28th.

FR sent!

posted over 2 years ago

• good luck Caroline. FR sent

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Caroline C. said:2 of my friends have been using it for over a year to post their runs to facebook. That's too bad about the stress fracture. How are you doing now?

I found it through a friend too. I'm bad at keeping a log so I thought maybe this would help me. I ran a mile last night, woo hoo! I missed it so much. At one point I couldn't even swim it hurt so bad. I'm kinda liking the coming back part of this injury and I've learned a few things. Will this be your first half?

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome and FR sent! Anyone feel free to add me as well, can always use the motivation :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome and FR sent! Anyone feel free to add me as well, can always use the motivation :)

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Scott said:I found it through a friend too. I'm bad at keeping a log so I thought maybe this would help me. I ran a mile last night, woo hoo! I missed it so much. At one point I couldn't even swim it hurt so bad. I'm kinda liking the comin... read more

That's good you've learned some new things.

I trained 2 years ago for a half but then pulled a groin muscle a few weeks before. I tried running on race day but it was a no go. I didn't want a dnf so I walked it in 3 hours 45 minutes. I took last off only running a 10k. This will be the first time I've "ran" the half. :-)

Just take it easy and you'll be back to running soon.

posted over 2 years ago

• Thank you everyone for the friend requests! This is going to be a great running year!

posted over 2 years ago

• I am working on the same goal. Good Luck, keep moving.

posted over 2 years ago

• Sounds like your on the right track. I'm doing my first 10K shortly.

posted over 2 years ago

• Hello FR sent

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi I too am new to Daily Mile. Just finished my first half 6 days ago, and it was the best thing I've ever done!

posted over 2 years ago

• I just joined yesterday and recently started running. Would love to motivate and be motivated.

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Caroline and welcome! FR soon to be sent.

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Caroline C. said:Thank you everyone for the friend requests! This is going to be a great running year!

welcome to the forum

posted over 2 years ago

• FR sent! Great community here to encourage and help you reach goals!

posted over 2 years ago

• Welcome, I am new to dm also. I sent a FR. Stay strong!

posted over 2 years ago

• Sounds like you have put some solid K's behind you, I suspect you won't have any problems completing a half :-)

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Caroline and welcome! The half is my favorite distance, so I'm happy to share motivation!

posted over 2 years ago

• Thanks Everyone! The motivation and friendship is awesome!

posted over 2 years ago