Forums/

Newbies

New to dailymile - looking for friends.

posted almost 3 years ago | Report

Hi I am new to the website, a running friend of mine recommended it to me.

I have been running a 5K every month since October. I am currently training to Run the NFE Lincoln National Guard Marathon on May 6, 2012. To prepare for it I am planning on running a 13.1 mile Memorial March in March.

I am looking for friends to help motivate me on those days when I just don't feel like running, and to be able to cheer others on as they train for and reach their goals. Sept 2010 I was going to attempt my first 5K and chickened out so running more than 2 miles is a new thing to me.

Thank you,
Sherie

31 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Hi Sheri! I am hoping to work my way up to a half marathon this year too. Friend request sent!

posted almost 3 years ago

• If it's motivation you're looking for, you've come to the right place! FR sent.

• Welcome, Sherie! You'll love it here :)

FR sent.

• Hi Sherie! welcome to daily mile!

• Hey Sherie, great to have you here - more than happy to help support your cause - just re-started running myself but hopefully can add a bit of humour/support/motivation to the days when your struggling. FR sent.

• Welcome Sherie! I'm currently training for a half marathon on April 28 and will roll right into Chicago marathon training. This is a great site for encouragement! Good luck with your race prep!

FR sent!

• Hi Sherie -

I sent you a request. I see your in KS, I was there for a while. I sure miss the BK and PX at Bondsteel on the weekends.

Best,
    J

• Welcome Sherie! FR sent.

• You can do it! Motivation is a mental decision. Get a montra - mine is smooth, efficient, calm. over and over. Do some upper body strength work and core and you will be busting out the miles in no time. you go girl

posted almost 3 years ago | edited almost 3 years ago

• Welcome to the DM community---your friend is very wise to send you here! You've set some ambitious goals for yourself, and we'll be pulling for you to reach them! FR on the way.

• Hi Sherie...Just did my first marathon 2 wks ago. I would love to help motivate u

• Sherie hello happy to add my voice to your support team FR sent

posted almost 3 years ago | edited almost 3 years ago

• Sending a friend request. This is a great place for motivation and information. Good luck and have fun!

• Welcome! Sending friend request now. :)

• welcome! FR sent

• Welcome Sherie! FR sent.

• Welcome Sherie! I'll send an FR. I am running a 1/2 in March as well. Maybe we can compare notes...

• I'm new too! Sent a friend rq.

• Hi Sherie,

We will be running our marathons back to back...my marathon is scheduled for May 5th. I'm new to the site, as well, and I'd be happy to share encouragement and motivation with you along your journey. :)

FR sent.

• Welcome! FR sent :) Anyone feel free to add me as well !

• I don't know if I will ever run a marathon, but would love to run some 5k's which is why I started the C25K program recently. FR Sent!

• Welocme to Daily Mile FR sent

• Welcome, Sherie! Hope you enjoy our community! FR sent.

Marc

• Hi Sherie! Welcome to DM! I'm trying to increase my run distance up to a half. There are a ton of great people on here to help motivate and to answer questions! FR sent.

• Hi Sherie
    I'm a newbie to this as well and trying to train for a half marathon on May 27, 2012. I've sent a friend request. It is always nice to give and receive some motivation along the training way!
    Cheryl

• I'm new also. Running my 1st 5k in April using couch to 5k training plan. Also looking for friends to motivate me. fr sent

• Ann
    Ann Sendmail

Hi Sherie,
    I too am preparing for my first half in April. No Marathon for me! Great for you! FR sent!

• FR sent. I've been on DM for awhile, but just as a personal log, just started exploring and found the forums. Good for you in getting ready for a marathon. Trying to talk myself into it. Ran my first 1/2 last year, wasn't that long ago when I couldn't even run a mile. Greatest experience!!! Good luck!

• You can do it there is no better place to be. Welcome aboard.

• Me too. Just joined DM. I just start to run for 3 weeks

• hi sherie. welcome to dm. i'm in same boat as you with first half and full maras planned in 2012. fr sent