Answers/

Newbies

googled my name and DM profile came up.

asked almost 2 years ago | Report

So I googled my name the other day and one of top links goes directly to my DM profile and shows all my posts & pictures. I am not very happy about this and am wondering if there is some way to hide that information from the world at large. I am ok with sharing within my DM community of friends, but I don't really want everyone in the world (or someone who might google my name) to see everything in my DM profile. Any suggestions??

4 answers

scroll to bottom
  • I deleted my last name and left my last initial from my profile and don't share pictures. probably shouldn't post my maps either but i still do

answered almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Other than deleting your last name, I don't think anything can be done. This is an issue that some people have wanted for a while. Perhaps the next version of DM will have a bit more in the way of privacy options, but who knows.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I just googled my name after reading your post. And one of the top results is the Write A Prisoner profile for a TX inmate with the same name. Great.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Don't use your full name, don't list your exact location, don't list your races, don't type anything particularly searchable about yourself, shrink photos to thumbnail size, don't show your race numbers, there is no way to secure your info or do a mass deletion of posts. Even if you change your user name, someone can click through your friend list if they want to find you and read your posts. It is totally non-secure.

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in General - Newbies