Answers/

Newbies

Facebook friends are sick of hearing about my workouts!

asked about 3 years ago | Report

I started running again about a year ago and really got into it. I just finished my first Half-marathon last month and I'm training for a marathon in October. I love DM but I don't have any friends yet. I need to share my running life with people who "get it". Most of the people in my life think I'm crazy to like running this much. Please send me a friend request!

132 answers

scroll to bottom
  • I know how you feel! I feel like my FB friends are getting tired of hearing about my updates too. Although no one has said anything. :)

answered about 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • haha! I know the feeling. I had to stop linking my FB to DM because of that. I would get so many responses similar to what you get.

Congrats on your half, and kick butt on your Full! I'm training for a full myself, but in November. I'd love to watch your progress... request sent! =)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • What, you still have FB friends left! Time to unfriend them. Friend request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Yeah, it's for that reason I don't let DM autopost to my FB wall or Twitter feed. I also don't like the redundancy of cross-posting. I diarize my running habits here amongst my friends that will appreciate the entries and that's it. Take comfort that you're out there running and being active while others get annoyed by sitting in front of a screen. =)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've found that most people who say they're tired of hearing about my workouts are actually pretty envious that I'm working out, and even more so that I'm improving and seeing success. Sent you a friend request :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Just sent a friend request. After every workout, I post to Daily Mile, then link to Facebook. I have 900 FB friends, and I am concerned sometimes that they think I'm bragging. I'm really not, I just want to be a source of encouragement, and to receive any encouragement they have to offer.

My Daily Mile friends are growing, because I believe the people here really care what I am doing. Like you say, most of my friends probably think I'm nuts with all the running and cross-training I'm doing. Well-worded post here.

Finally, keep up the good work!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • lol oh I hear ya! Ditto here, they either ignore me or say I am crazy! Friend Request sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hear ya! a few think we sound like "braggerts"...when I was training for a tri, I posted to fb on Sundays after I did my mock tri. didn't want to bore peeps...I considered daily posting was like some of them the daily baby pic(not that I am opposed to that, just beyond that stage), or whatever. anyway, dm is my daily fix and wwf's! Good luck on your marathon training.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I don't sweat it! After all, with some of my friends, they post every aspect of what they're doing or their kids are doing (not just once or twice a day....but multiple times----little Johnny can only do such cute and adorable stuff so many times before it gets annoying), so my daily cross posting shouldn't be that big of a deal. Besides, I have a few friends who, for some reason or another, don't do DM (GASP!) and this is another way we help motivate each other.
    Congrats on your first half and good luck on training for your full!
    Friend request sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • HAHA - I'm new to DM and am using the facebook posts as my motivation! If I know my "friends" are going to see my workouts, I try that much harder to be impressive about it. I have friends who load up my home page with farmville games and the like and I just ignore them. If they don't like my DM posts, they can igonore them too.

I'm contemplating my 1st marathon before I turn 40 (I'm 37 so I have a little time). I'd love to follow your training and be inspired to start my own!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I live a double life. One on facebook and one on DM. It works out best for both worlds.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Welcome Kristen, I totally understand the FB friends getting tired of running posts... even my wife rolls her eyes over those posts... But, the folks here won't do that... so post ways! Oh, and don't be shy about friending... many of us will happily friend you.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Oh my Kristen! Welcome to my world...I do get what you are saying. FB is not the forum for posting workouts all the time. They get sensitive about feeling inadequate that you are such a "stud"...Friend me and we can share! Great job on the half and I'd love to hear about your full training... I did my first full last October and I obsessed about it. I am now shooting for my 2nd full in November; it's time to obsess again...

Happy Trails,
    V

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • If they are comlaining about your workout on FB too bad for them, they are not true friends. The fact of it is they are only mad because you make them look badly in that they are not happy and/or healthy even in their own mind. Sent request to ya.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Funny, looks like a lot of people are in the same boat as me (you included). I started posting my PBs and race times on FB. I have maybe 1 or 2 FB friendds who run or otherwise would care. I love DM because I can "brag" a little about a good workout and everyone is right there with me (instead of ignoring me which is what my FB friends typically do with my workout posts). I don't post workouts to FB anymore now that I am on DM.

Friend request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Yea , right there with all of you. I am way more committed to Dailymile now than FB. Friend request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Daily Mile is much better than Facebook! Friend request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Do your Facebook friends not know how to hide apps from their feed? I've had a couple of co-workers comment on how much I post DM to FB, but they know how to use FB and have chosen not to block DM. I get occasional FB comments from non-runner friends, but never negative. (Including breast feeding mom friends confused over my use of the word "lactate") A few friends have even signed up for DM because of me. (And some weren't even runners/walkers before!)

Anyway, I digress. Request sent! ;-)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Welcome to DM! Yeah, I don't post my workouts on FB. It just ticks everyone off!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I agree with all of the above- constant posts to FB probably get tedious so that's what Dailymile is for! And this site is awesome- the people on here, the motivation you get, we're all here for the same reasons.

Check out the challenges- you'll find some great motivators there as well.

Congrats on working towards a marathon- it's a sense of accomplishment that you'll always cherish.

Happy running!
    Melissa :-D

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • We're here for you. We care. They don't.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The "Facebook vs. dailymile" thing is 100% asinine. I want to post pics of my kids for Aunt Petunia in Hoboken...Facebook. I want to post a workout and log mileage...dailymile. Why so many dm'ers keep pushing it as some kind of one-or-the-other choice is beyond me.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • What a great post...as it turns out I am NOT the only one who feels that way, thought I was. I too feel like I live a double life as I also stopped posting my workouts on FB and now only use DM. Everyone (except my running friends) think I'm outta of my mind with all the running. They just don't get it. Welcome to the fold!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • DM is great and no one here will get sick of hearing about your workouts...keep up the training! friend request sent

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Welcome to DM! My family sometimes get tired of me talking about pace, repeats and races. Friend request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I feel ya. My family is also tired of hearing of my running. Request sent. :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Friend request sent :) And I feel ya, my FB friends aren't all runners- they get sick of hearing about it or just think I'm crazy :)!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • You are so right. Most of my Facebook friends only run to the fridge for another beer. I am starting my marathon training this week for my 1st in October. Keep running and remember how you feel after you run. You can't beat it!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I know how you feel. Most of my Facebook friends only run to the fridge for another beer. I love DM because everybody is trying to better themselves or just stay in shape. I start training for my 1st marathon this week so it takes encouragement from people who understand. Look forward following your progress.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm usually sharing to FB only my personal best result. Try that too.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • yea, this is definitely the right place to post your runs. People here worry when you DON'T post any mileage for a few days! ;-)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hi Kristen, I think I have some facebook friends that are tired of hearing about it too. It sounds like we're in the same boat, I just finished my first half in May and am looking forward to my first whole marathon in October. Best of luck with your training! Friend request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Same!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Go to some group runs, join a run club. You'll make some friends in your community who share your passion.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Same here!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I must have some really supportive friends because they always enjoy my workouts and some have coming to dm too!!! I actually enjoy this site more than facebook. More motivaiton and positive people that understand why we do what we do.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • it can get that way after awhile...friend request sent:)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • If I have to hear about every move their babies make, they can suck it up and hear about my runs! haha

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Kat
    Kat Sendmail

I feel the same...request sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I understand completely, and use DM for my run logging outlet. Request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I could care less about what my FB friends in all honesty. I have to read about the most trivial moments of their lives which includes tons of relationship whining. You don't care about my health, close your eyes.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Welcome. Yes, I try to restrain myself from telling friends about my workouts. Its hard cause I get so excited about the next workout! Friend request sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Congratulations Kristen! I fell away from running for a decade and came back to it just a couple of months ago, and "feel you" on this. Non-running friends are looking at me like I need to get my head examined when they hear about the 4AM pre-work runs. Good luck on your Marathon, running really is this amazing thing we have in our lives. Great people and great times, while pushing ourselves to always be better.

answered about 3 years ago |edited about 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Congrats on completing your first half marathon! which marathon are you running in October? I'm running in the Marine Corps in Oct. I know your dilemma about facebook. My mother reads it faithfully to see what I'm doing. she has been complaining I'm not updating it often enough. I tell her I can only tell people so many times that "I'm out running again"! Friend request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Would be glad to hear about your workouts! All the best with it (;

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm training for first marathon in October too! I tried auto-post to FB but realized I was sharing too much workout stuff with people who could probably care less so I un-linked it. I spend about 95% of my time here and 5% on FB. Good luck in October! Request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I know how you feel! I feel like my FB friends are getting tired of hearing about my updates too. Although no one has said anything, they have just started ignoring any posts I make about running! I like hearing about other people's training, gives me ideas on how I can improve my own.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I couldn't agree with you more! I was ecstatic to find DM - finally a place to bombard people with updates about running without guilt. Don't worry about what most people think about your passion for running. I think it's crazy not to love it! Friend request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • i know your pain....friend request sent !!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • If I have to read about their trip to the cleaners or how they love their dog, or how great their back yard looks, they can read about my PR in the Flying Pig or Wright Patt.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I know exactly what you mean. My Facebook friends are calling me mental aswell, lol :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • same here!!!! friend request sent

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • same here!!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My facebook pals and family are probably getting sick of my constant babble about running and working out. Friend request sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • haha...I could very well have written your post! I know EXACTLY how you feel!!

fr sent!

answered almost 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Know the feeling, just unlinked Facebook from Daily Mile....looks like you've gotten a lotta friends from this post...hopefully that can work for me too since I have about 2 friends right now...and one of them is my girlfriend... :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hahaha Im pretty sure my fb friends would get really annoyed hearing about my running adventures. Friend Request sent

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Every once in a while I like to post up on FB for 2 reasons. First if you let your friends know what you are doing they are usually supportive of your efforts even if they dont "get" them. Secondly it is additional motivation for me since I just started back I dont want to be the one who talked about fitness and then am even more walrus like than the last time they saw me. It just gives me extra motivation on the days when I may not feel like training to get off my butt.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm right there with you!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • You know, same shit was happening to me. You know what I did? I blocked them from getting news feeds from me. It comes from them being unhappy with themselves. Instead of being supportive they try to tear you down. The people who truely matter in my life were all supportive and don't care. And if it bothers them then they don't look at it. That is the mature way to deal with it. But it sounds like these "friends" aren't at that mature point in their life yet.

I say f*ck em and keep posting. :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I am cycling for a month now and this is the first day I wanted to share my training in FB. I don't want to brag, rather want keep it low profile. However some of DM friends are more regular in FB, I wanted to share my DM post with them alone. If we can control whom to share the DM updates with in FB on a daily basis, nothing like it. We'll have the best of both.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • i just friend requested you. i am the same way with fb. i need support and encouragement to keep it up and push myself harder. and it's nice to share what ive been working on. feel like i probably annoy my friends, but hopefully im encouraging them to get fit too :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I know exactly how you feel! My family and friends think I'm crazy. I'm training for my first half in October.....support around me is 0!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I know how you feel! I recently parted friendship with 2 " friends " as they were unhappy with a challenge I have set myself!! :(
    I aim to runn 1000 miles in 1 year and as its not for the same charity as them they were not happy! 40 year old silly women!!
    I have asked to be your friend :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • this is a great way to talk about running and then only need to bore facebook friends every now and then with running details!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I send my work outs to my siblings!!! They have to listen! I'm sure they're bored to tears...but hey they're family!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I was posting on FB too and I finally got the hint that no one really wanted to hear about my training. So happy for DM!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I know how you feel one of my friends said they blocked my app that showed how many miles I ran that day. I don't post anything to FB any more I stick with DM. All the people I have added are great and encouraging! FR sent and if any one else would like another friend feel free to add me as well!
    Janet
    http://janet-healthandfitness.blogspot.com/

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I agree ... here is your friend request.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I too stopped sharing my workouts. I was getting negative feedback from friends so....stick to DM where its the IN thing to post your workouts!

:)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My friends are definitely tired of hearing about my workouts. It helps so much to have the support and motivation though.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I think they're all just jealous! Have any of them told you how they've been inspired by your workouts?

answered almost 3 years ago |edited almost 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My FB friends are too... most of them leave comments like: 'you're crazy' or 'take a break' they just don't get it.

answered over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I totally relate...friend request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I hear ya! Friend request sent :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Request Sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • love sharing my running highs and lows

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • You came to the right place, request sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • my friends don't care to hear about it either... i'm living double lives now.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Thats exactly why I joined today! lol sending request!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • same here :-)
    request sent

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I can definitely relate! I tend to not post my runs to Facebook unless it's one I'm really proud of (new distance or PR). Im beginning training for my first marathon also...request sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've only been running 1.5 years. The community of runners is, by far, so positive and encouraging. I get the pat on the back as well as the kick in the seat when I need it. So please, DM friend me if you'd like. We're all in this together.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • agree!!! Great job on 1/2! I'm looking to get back so that hopefully by end of year my training + my body will allow it!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I completely understand this! I have 1 FB friend (who sent me here... haha) who is such an encouragement to me. The rest are tired of hearing about it... lol (well maybe not all of them... but it's obvious anymore that some are). A few days ago some got on my status and were joking around about 'seeing me' running in places hundreds of miles away, running backwards, etc...! Whatever. Running is what I do for me... I love it... I spend SO much time thinking about it. Obviously, I'm going to talk about it. LOL!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • one of the reasons i joined here! i'm about a year into running also and have been training for my first half, which is next month. i'm considering a marathon in october too. request sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I feel the same way. Friend sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My daughters like my facebook posts about running. However, no one else seems to care. So......I will keep posting them on FB for now, just for my family. I hope to encourage people to become active.
    I love running and I admit that what I think of as "committed" , may seem obsessive to other people. But, I am ok with that.

I am so happy to have this community now. Everyone loves to talk about the things that I love!
    Thanks for this post Kristen.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm a writer, so I have the limit of 5,000 Facebook friends. A lot of people are really cool and congratulate me when I have a good run and say positive things, but some of my "in real life" friends who are also Facebook friends pick on me, and it's soooo immature.

I ran into one of them in a restaurant the other day, and she insisted that running is my "new addiction." So far, for my best week, I've run 17 miles. That's *nothing* compared to soooo many people on DailyMile. I know she was just picking on me, but it sort of irked me.

The other one is a sort of crabby woman I went to grad school with, but she posts negative comments about half of the things in my life. Oh, well!

Friend request sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm new here too but it seems like the perfect place to share your running experience.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I know how you feel! I've got friends who agree that exercising is good, but they can't understand why I like running so much and I'm pretty sure they think I'm a little crazy to like it that much. Heh. Sent a FR!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • FR sent! I have a daily mile and a blog for running and a facebook, I keep them separate so people dont stop talking to me. I already annoy my co-workers enough!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The reason I use DM is because I could tell my FB friends were sick of my updates as I prepared from my first marathon. Here I can share my successes and failures with those who are in the same boat, or had been. I use 3 social networks: LinkedIn for professional only, DM for anything relating to fitness, and FB for my personal life outside of fitness (although I still share some of my major fitness milestones).

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Ted
    Ted Sendmail

I only FB my races or some thing out of the ordinary. DM for the daily stuff.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • non of my facebook friends run so I still talk about my running because that is who I am

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Well you have The Night Train as a friend now. LOL. I'm on DM more than I am on FB. I joined this site about a year and a half ago and I've been running for two years. I credit my DM friends with giving me the motivation to complete my first 3 half marathons and to start working on completing my first full...

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • friend request sent. I have FB friends who think I'm nuts too. DM people understand.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I created a "Runners" group on FB so they are the only ones that get my running-related posts. That seems to work for me.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • aw bless ya i no how exciting it is, im sure ill end up boring my friends x!
    you stay motitivated your doing great

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hi Kristen. My mom used to always say things like it's too cold you shouldn't run, or that's too far, you should be more careful, etc. Now she doesn't say things like that and is sort of encouraging. It was a bummer because you would hope that those close to you would encourage you! FR sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Same here Kristen! They don't say it specifically, more along the lines of "The only thing you ever post on FB is your runs".
    That's because I use the Endomondo app on runs, and I set it to automatically upload to FB after each run. Most of the stuff people post on FB is sooooo mundane that I don't bother. I only use it to remind me of people's birthdays.
    Looks like you added plenty of friends after posting this 8 months ago, but I'm new on DM (loving it!) so FR sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • No one has complained about my running posts yet, (trying to keep them to a minimum...), but I can't get anyone to join dailymile! I've got two friends so far on here haha. I feel your pain!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • hello made a similar note in my time line about a week ago, FR sent although you have quite a "collection" now, well done.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I much prefer going to this site over facebook. Something about everyone having something in common really promotes community. This is a great site.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I thought I was the only one! lol,,I get smart comments all the time about my postings, so I have disabled it. Now I'm down to, lets see....0 friends and family that share my love for running. Would love some friend requests as well!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My friends dont want to hear about my running, have to try limit my obsession to Dailymile.FR sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I don't know if my FB friends are "sick" of hearing about my workouts but I know what you are feeling. I use RunKeeper and anytime I post to FB very few comment! The ones that do are runners! I have no friends on DM so you'll be my first. That is if you accept!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • First - I don't see my original post from a few minutes ago! Second I scanned the thread and starting FR people. I didn't realize how long the thread is! LOL I don't know if people check back to this thread but that's why I FR some of you.

Edit - OK there's my other post!

answered over 2 years ago |edited over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I was just thinking today how much I dislike going to Facebook since nobody I know there is a runner...or even into exercise. I'm so lonely there :-(

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Didn't want to tie DM into my Twitter for same reason. Request sent. Looking for DM friends.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Brad, I can't respond to your post, but I sent you a FR :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hi Kristen, I´m totally in the same boat! LOL you are saying out loud, what I am thinking! FR is send and I hope to meet more friends on here! Feel free to add me as well! I would love to stay tuned with you all!!!

answered about 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • We are all a little crazy.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Same here... ;) Request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • i dont have any runner friends so my poor husband has to hear about it all the time. adding you =)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm not sure if you're still looking for friends since this is a year-old topic, but since it still seems to be active, FR sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • DM is awesome!! I use this way more than Facebook these days. FR sent

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Totally can relate! I ran my first half marathon in the end of March and then another beginning of May. Thinking of running a full in Jan! Everyone on DM understands...that's what's great about the friends you make here. FR sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Totally agree with you! Im still posting to facebook but looks like people stop seeing in it something awesome and they dont support me anymore! I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME FRIENDS HERE TO add ME PLEASE!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I agree with those who say those who complain are jealous. Most 'regular' people can't run a mile and they know it.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Remember, part of it is THEIR issue; they can always just block updates from daily mile! Never feel bad about being who you are. :) FR sent!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! I am so glad there is a place like this. Congratulations on your first half!! I am training for mine July 4th, and if it goes well, am thinking of doing the girlfriends marathon in Vancouver, Wa in October!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Totally know how you feel. I was having my DM runs auto-post to Facebook and I realized no one really cared after I got no comments or likes after awhile so I stopped with the auto posts.

Friend request sent. Anyone else involved in this thread, feel free to add me as well. I can't have too much motivation!

answered about 2 years ago |edited about 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • hi i post all my running activites in FB i do it so i can encourage people in my friend circle to be healthy too, i love running if they dont like what i post thats too bad they dont have to read it anyway , keep up the good work!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Your FB friends are not sick of hearing about you workouts, they are just jealous of you because you run. It's good for you,and you should get your FB friends running, too. Nice job on your half marathon!!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • It seems you solved your problem. You have 232 friends now :)

answered over 1 year ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My same issue, exactly. If they don't do it, they just don't get it. I get more motivation from friends on here than any other place. Welcome....friend request on the way :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I felt the same way. Maybe you've already gotten this answer, but I started a group called "40 & fit" I added some of my fb friends that I knew were into fitness. It is great, because we can post our workouts there and ask each others advice and just feel good about our workouts. If you have ANY fb friends into fitness, try starting a group!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Yes, I could use another motivation buddy too, request sent :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have definately backed off from posting every workout on FB. I may just quit posting to FB at all. More friends who encourage are indeed the answer. Good for you. I am doing my first marathon in March. I will cheer you on as well. Friend request sent.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • me too! I'm in the same boat!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • FR sent :)

answered about 1 year ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in General - Newbies