Forums/

Injury

lower back pain

posted about 2 years ago | Report

Sets in during the run, and stays and stays. Anyone else have this problem?

• I've had lots of back problems over the years. Didn't listen to my body and eventually blew out a disc. I'm pretty healthy now, but just be aware that while you may just be feeling a little muscle soreness, it might also be a sign of a problem that could be getting worse. I thought I was in good shape so I ignored it, then during rehab I took front/back/side photos and was amazed at how crooked and lopsided my body was - no wonder I blew out my back!

I bought a program online called lose the back pain, and have been following it for several years. Works great. Then I get better, stop using it...and have a relapse. Anyway, make sure to do lots of core and balancing exercises to keep your back and supporting muscles strong. It's a pain to do them, but it keeps me healthy. Good luck!

posted about 2 years ago

• Does the pain travel anywhere else or just lower back?

posted almost 2 years ago

• My husband had this problem. He can't run long distance runs because of it. He had to do physical therapy. Careful with it, I agree with Kris. It can lead to further damage .

• without seeing you run It is difficult to say for sure, but one of the most common causes of back pain when running id due to leaning forward at the waist & not running tall putting a lot of strain on lower back & hamstrings.

• That is good advice Brian. Thank u. I ask if the pain goes elsewhere to see if someone else is experiencing sciatica like symptoms? What did they do to help it & how was it feeling while running w/it?

posted almost 2 years ago | edited almost 2 years ago

• My back pain turned out to be caused by muscle imbalances. After about two weeks of dedicated core work, strengthening hip abductor/adductor, and stretching hip flexors, I was pain-free.