Answers/

General Triathlon

Any Vegetarian/Vegan Triathletes?

asked about 4 years ago | Report

I'm beginning training for a Sprint Triathlon in the Spring of 2011. I need to get some running shoes/equipment and am wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions. All I've really found for vegan running shoes is Saucony, but the ones I've seen don't look that good.

Robin

2 answers

scroll to bottom
  • Vegan running shoes? Hmmm. I can't find any leather on my Sauconys, Brooks or Nike's. Perhaps the shoes might not be marketed as vegan, but they still might be animal product free.
    I guess it all depends on how strict your personal mantra is on this. Of course- there's all kinds of plastic in my shoes- made from petrolium products, the extraction of which has killed plenty of animals.

answered about 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • A lot of the Vibram products are vegan and it states that explicitly in the "specifications" of the shoe. There is even a question about it on the faq on their website. :)

I have been using the Five Fingers for my last two pairs of running shoes and they are great. If you haven't tried barefoot running I recommend it. Not sure how well they would work for a tri.

answered over 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Triathlon - General Triathlon