Answers/

General Triathlon

Why are my swim goggles fogging up?

asked over 4 years ago | Report

I can barely do two laps without my goggles fogging up? Is there a solution to this? If not, what brand doesn't fog? Something that could be found at Sports Authority or Dicks Sporting goods would be awesome. Thanks!

UPDATE: Spit worked! I thought the idea was kind of crazy, but it worked!!!! Thanks!!

8 answers

scroll to bottom
  • There is an antifog spray, and also I think I have seen antifog goggles. My fog up about 30 miniutes into my swim. Since I just swim in the pool I dont worry about it, but I have heard the antifog spray works really well.....
    Speedo makes a spray one. Not sure if it will be at Sports Authority or Dicks. but you can order it on line.

answered over 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Not sure if this works for swim goggles, but it works for scuba masks. Scrubbing the inside lenses with toothpaste or Simple Green then washing it really well (so you don't get it in your eyes). You can also buy anti-fog spray at scuba shops.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Honestly, what I've heard from everyone I've swum with and what works for me is spitting in your goggles. It's cheap anyway.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Spit in it.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use goggles made by Vici and they are anti-fog and they work well.
    The advice to spit in them also works, but if you take them off for a minute and put them back on you will have to spit in them again...

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • At my tri-clinic they said wipe them with baby shampoo ?? it did work so who knows what it does

answered about 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've have swam for many years and spit never worked for me. I would say check this out:

http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/6788.htm

I have no connection to that site, just where I bought mine. The directions say to put it in goggles and then rinse them out. This doesn't work. The best is to spray them the night before and spread the spray around. Wipe it up with an old rag or tshirt (I'd say papertowel but we're trying to go green here). Once It's dry try breathing on the goggles and you'll see that there is no fog. The hardest part (at least for me) is keeping them on during your whole swim. Once you take them off and rinse them, they lose their anti fog. Hope this helps... BTW I have swam competitively for years and spit has never worked for me. So hope that works for you! Good luck!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • spit in them works everytime

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Triathlon - General Triathlon