Forums/

General Running

Show us your marathon/running tattoos!

posted almost 6 years ago | Report

I have two tattoos (non-running related) and am probably going to get a third if and when I complete my first marathon celebrating the achievement.

Do any of you have running-related or marathon tattoos? If so, of what and where? Post pics if available!

77 posts

scroll to bottom
  • I got a four-leaf clover on my hip four years ago when I began training for my first marathon. It was my good luck charm.

posted almost 6 years ago

• If you'll count a triathletes tattoo I have an M-Dot on my left ankle from my first Ironman.

• in reply to what Brodie B. said:If you'll count a triathletes tattoo I have an M-Dot on my left ankle from my first Ironman.

What's an M-Dot?

• The Ironman logo. It looks like a little man in the shape of an M with a circle for a head. M-Dot! :)

• Hey, I'd love to see what other people have, too. I completed my first marathon last year, and I'm trying to figure out a way to integrate my accomplishments into one tattoo, or a series of them, but it might be tricky to pull off. I want to make sure it looks good before going down that road.

• If you are looking for tattoo idea check out:

http://www.marathontattoo.com

• What's the old running quote? "Pain is temporary, tattoos are forever." Did I remember that right?

• My inspiration

http://trailgirl.blogspot.com/

posted over 5 years ago

• I was hoping to see more responses/ pictures! I just finished my first half and was trying to think of something I could get to continually remind me of how much I've done, and how much I can do!

posted over 5 years ago

• I have quite a few tattoos, but nothing running related...yet.

posted over 5 years ago

• A friend and I got matching tattoos celebrating completing the couch to 5k program. Both of us wanted to try running but had never stuck with it...until we did it together. We did our first 5k Thanksgiving day and got a wishbone tattoo to commemorate the experience. We're debating getting another one to celebrate our first half...and first marathon!
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/dailymile/photos/1705/1889d6373f09f4ed32bdf99464836f60.JPG

posted over 5 years ago

• I have one tattoo of a dolphin on my ankle and that is enough I think. (Navy story)

posted over 5 years ago

• Jake from Life Is Good running w/ 26.2 underneath. See my profile pic... :-)

posted over 5 years ago

• That's great :)

posted over 5 years ago

• Hermes like - Bare feet with huge wings framing the 26.2. I can't figure out how to do the pic thing on here but I have a pic if you want to see it.

posted over 5 years ago | edited over 5 years ago

• I have a bunch of tattoos but nothing running related. I don't really have any more planned but I have been tossing the idea of a running tattoo around for awhile now. I like the idea of wings on my ankles but I only have room on the insides of my legs which is way less awesome than the outsides.

posted over 5 years ago

• I ran my first marathon and also wanted a tattoo. My profile pic is what I came up with, I ran the 34th Marine Corps Marathon so I used a modified emblem of the Marine Corps and added 26.2 in the globe.

posted almost 5 years ago

• Ooh! I really like the wings idea!

posted almost 5 years ago

• i would love to see it! this is the exact description of the tattoo i am looking for. hopefully we have the same one in mind! my email is dcmoskow@gmail.com if youd rahter email me

posted over 4 years ago

• Rob
    Rob Sendmail

a simple 26.2 on the right outer bicep. It is similar to the standard oval bumper sticker.

posted over 4 years ago

• Well, although I don't have one yet... my big goal is to get 26.2 on my foot after I finish my first Marathon in June!! :)

www.journeytothemiddle.blogspot.com

posted about 4 years ago

• Here is the tattoo I got a few months after I completed my first triathlon!

http://www.dailymile.com/people/theboilover/photos/11428

posted about 4 years ago

• I got a turtle.

posted about 4 years ago

• I have four that aren't running-related, however, I must say you've given me an idea!

posted about 4 years ago

• That is such a good idea. I am so going to do that once I complete my 1st race.

posted about 4 years ago

• sorry, my response showed up twice. :-(

posted about 4 years ago | edited about 4 years ago

• in reply to what Jt B. said:Here is the tattoo I got a few months after I completed my first triathlon! http://www.dailymile.com/people/theboilover/photos/11428

@ Jt B.
    I like your tattoo.

posted about 4 years ago

• I have a small tattoo of the sun on my shoulder, but it has nothing to do with running.

posted almost 4 years ago | edited almost 4 years ago

• that's a great one!

posted almost 4 years ago

• Hi, I came across this design while looking for a running tattoo. It would be cool for a Triathlete or any fitness fanatic.

What do you think? http://www.fitness21.co.uk/?p=313

• My user picture is a tattoo I got to celebrate running Warrior Dash.

• i am a cyclist but happened to be in honolulu over the weekend when their marathon was held and was AMAZED at all the cool tats on what looked like the fittest runners ...

• I got my 26.2 Tattoo after I ran the San Diego Marathon.

posted over 3 years ago

• I have a big pink ribbon with LiveSTRONG written accros on my thigh. I also have a lighting bolt the day I started chemotherapy for my arthritis a 1 1/2 years ago. I'm ready for my 2 koi swimming up my back to match the 2 on my cannondale Femme 5 :)

posted over 3 years ago

• I like that tattoo...might have to keep that in mind!

posted over 3 years ago

• I like that tattoo...might have to keep that in mind!

posted over 3 years ago

• I have several tattoos but no running-related ones yet. I've got a half-marathon coming up in a couple of months and I plan to get 13.1 tattooed on my ankle to celebrate finishing it.

I'm planning to take part in a marathon either at the back end of 2011 (there's one taking place in November near where I live) or at the beginning of 2012, so when I do that I'll get 26.2 on the other ankle to commemorate it.

posted over 3 years ago

• Love my many tatts ... still got lots of 'canvas' left ... creative marathon juices running ... thanks for the idea Sara! You posted 2 years ago ... did you ever get one? And if so, are you going to post?

posted over 3 years ago

• I have alot of tattoos--and have been thinking it would be cool to get a picture of running shoes LOL--so many cool ideas!

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Brian said:Hermes like - Bare feet with huge wings framing the 26.2. I can't figure out how to do the pic thing on here but I have a pic if you want to see it.

Hey Brian: would love to see that tat . . . i'm looking to see what I can do for a tat for myself . . . been running for so long that I want a tat with marathon or running depicted in it. Send me a pic of it to fanmanva@aol.com

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Mario M. said:I got my 26.2 Tattoo after I ran the San Diego Marathon.

Mario....very cool tat dude . . nicely done. I'm still lookin to see what I'm gonna get !

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Mike said:My user picture is a tattoo I got to celebrate running Warrior Dash.

Mike...that's a wayyy cool tat dude...i'm doing my first Warrior Dash this year in Maryland . . can't wait . . maybe i'll get a tat also....

posted over 3 years ago

• Thanks! It was definitely a tattoo worthy experience! Such a fun race! I signed up for this year too.

posted over 3 years ago

• I just got a running-related tattoo last month, one I'd been thinking about for awhile. It combines my love of running with my love of reading - in this case, the fact that I'm a Tolkien fan. The tattoo is on the back of my left calf, and is the Elvish script for "noro lim" - which basically means "run swiftly" and is a quote from Fellowship of the Ring. There's a picture and more explanation at my blog: http://www.runningroundreno.com/2011/01/running-dork-tattoo.html

posted over 3 years ago

• That is a really cool idea, story, and tattoo!

posted over 3 years ago

• I have several tattoos, and just finished my first half marathon, at Disney. Planning to get another tat to commemorate the occasion.

posted over 3 years ago

• Got my first tattoo this past week....back of the calf with '26.2 in blue/green/black colored block letters with the wording Run Through The Wall' around it

posted over 3 years ago

• I got a girl running with the words keep going after I finished my first 5K in Feb 2010. I have some other ones in mind. I'd like to get a small Goofy head when I'm able to do the Disney Goofy Challenge.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsstaceyharris/4425915208/in/set-72157622234694774/

posted over 3 years ago

• I have many, many tattoos but none related to running. Now I've got an idea for another!!

posted over 3 years ago

• I have the Iron Girl Logo with 3.1 & 13.1 both distances I have run with them.

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Turi B. said:I just got a running-related tattoo last month, one I'd been thinking about for awhile. It combines my love of running with my love of reading - in this case, the fact that I'm a Tolkien fan. The tattoo is on the back of my left calf, an... read more

Tolkien--It's not just for dweebs anymore! I love this tatoo, Turi!

posted over 3 years ago

• I love it too. I really want one the same or similar now. hmmm maybe after my first marathon.

posted over 3 years ago

• I have a little butterfly on my right shoulder but would love to get something running related. Maybe after the marathon. But hubby not keen so would need to be very subtle - guess I could just get 26.2 under my butterfly :-)

posted over 3 years ago

• I've been really wanting to get a tattoo to commemorate my marathoning and recently I came up with the idea of getting something along the line of turtle tracks or a tiny turtle for every marathon. Still working on it.

posted over 3 years ago

• Love the elven tattoo 'go swiftly'. Very cool!

posted over 3 years ago | edited over 3 years ago

• Here is my tattoo. I finished my first marathon and raised $1400 to honor my mom who died of lung cancer. Her favorite flower was a lily. It was the worst pain I have ever had, but well worth it.

http://www.dailymile.com/people/chakraboy/photos/146908

posted over 3 years ago

• My tattoo:

This is my running related tattoo. I designed it myself. The wing is a nod to Nike (the Greek Goddess) and if you look at the wing closely, it has a round center (the tire on a bike), the wing itself for running, and the top of the wing feathers crest like a wave (swimming). The quill pen ending is a reference to the writing I do. I like my avatar and I would like to do something additional around it as an idea once I complete my first tri.

http://www.dailymile.com/people/Josephine7/photos/158657

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Kevin D. said:Jake from Life Is Good running w/ 26.2 underneath. See my profile pic... :-)

awww I like that little dude!!! very cool!

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Josephine said:My tattoo: This is my running related tattoo. I designed it myself. The wing is a nod to Nike (the Greek Goddess) and if you look at the wing closely, it has a round center (the tire on a bike), the wing itself for running, and the top of the win... read more

That is the sweetest tattoo ever....even better that you designed it!

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Kristina M. said:Well, although I don't have one yet... my big goal is to get 26.2 on my foot after I finish my first Marathon in June!! :) www.journeytothemiddle.blogspot.com

I swore I'd get a 26.2 tattoo after I completed my first marathon...well, the marathon was last October and I can't seem to pull the trigger on the tattoo. I'm 42, a mom and can't see the point for me anymore...

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Heather J. said:That is the sweetest tattoo ever....even better that you designed it!

Thanks! I am designing my entire sleeve so it will be all original and mine.

posted over 3 years ago

• Our company supply high quality Cheap Nike Air Max Shoes,Asics Onitsuka Tiger shoes,NFL Jerseys and offer good price. Free Shipping accept paypal wholesale and retail from china. http://www.pickmaxshoes.com

posted over 3 years ago

• I'm planning on running in my first ToughMudder competition next year and I'm already planning for a tattoo afterwards. I'm thinking a pinup girly girl with some sort of 'badass' traits incorporated within it. It'll reflect myself being a girly girl but not afraid to compete and get dirty.

posted over 3 years ago

• my son is drawing up my tat for my first half marathon. it is the road runner tearing thru my ankle skin. looks cool. my son is excited to see me get it

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Josephine said:My tattoo: This is my running related tattoo. I designed it myself. The wing is a nod to Nike (the Greek Goddess) and if you look at the wing closely, it has a round center (the tire on a bike), the wing itself for running, and the top of the win... read more

Cool tattoo. Are you a physicist by chance (noting the uncertainty principle equation) ?

posted about 3 years ago

• in reply to what Lenny G. said:Cool tattoo. Are you a physicist by chance (noting the uncertainty principle equation) ?

That was my major for a few years in college. I ended up doing something completely unrelated but in my heart I will always be a geek ;)

posted about 3 years ago

• in reply to what Josephine said:That was my major for a few years in college. I ended up doing something completely unrelated but in my heart I will always be a geek ;)

Haha excellent. I think we're all geeks at heart. =)

posted about 3 years ago

• This time last year I was 70 lbs heavier and a 2 pack a day smoker. Last weekend I ran my first ever 1/2 marathon. To commemorate the event, I got my first tattoo (many firsts for me this week). The pic is here:

http://www.dailymile.com/people/GaryR5/photos/270364

posted almost 3 years ago | edited almost 3 years ago

• Here is my tattoo from my first Marathon MCM 10/30/2011. Will Never Forget!

http://mjrun.blogspot.com/

posted almost 3 years ago

• I have several tattoos and none running related (yet), but still exploring options and want my running tat to be original and my own design! But soon and thanks for the idea.

posted almost 3 years ago | edited almost 3 years ago

• I have the Chicago flag but instead of all 4 stars I have the numbers 26 star 2. I love it. I cannot take credit for the idea found it on line.

posted over 2 years ago

• I got a wing on the outside of my lower right leg. The idea originated from Hermes.

http://www.dailymile.com/images/photos/346736/6daaa53b8289ce57eef874072e037322.jpg

My mom actually "got it" for me when I turned 23 for my GOLDEN birthday (July 23, 2011).

posted over 2 years ago

• http://www.dailymile.com/people/lislee75/photos/379816

I have two tattoos. A bird on my ankle that symbolizes how I feel when I run, like I'm flying. I just finished my first marathon and I've been thinking about getting the Shamrock logo from the race as a tattoo somewhere, just not sure where yet.

posted over 2 years ago

• I just got the Irish Gaelic word "Reathai" tattooed down the side of my stomach... it means "runner"

posted over 2 years ago

• I just got my marathon tattoo. It's a laurel wreath with the Greek words "Rejoice We Conquer" in the middle. I have a pic on my profile :)

posted over 2 years ago

• We develop temporary running tattoos so I always race with the Winged Foot of Mercury on my back calf and either a 26.2 or 13.1/21.1 on the arm depending on the distance. You can check us out at www.rungoddess.com.

posted over 1 year ago

• I want road runner

posted over 1 year ago | edited over 1 year ago