Forums/

General Running

Songs in the 165-180 BPM range....I need more.

posted almost 9 years ago | Report

When I run with music I listen to songs in the 165-180 BPM range. some runs I skip the slower songs, some I skip the faster ones, some I just mix up the pace a lot. These are what I have pulled off of various BPM sites but I could use more in this range. Sorry that I don't have the BPM for each song and this is quite an eclectic mix of music. Some might be remix versions too.

57 posts

scroll to bottom
  • 165-180 BPM:

Savage Garden: Affirmation & Truly, Madly, Deeply
    Phil Vasser: American Child
    Aerosmith: Angel & Pink
    Joni Mitchell: Big Yellow Taxi
    Billy Idol: You Spin Me Right Round & Dancing with Myself
    Highway 101: Bing Bang Boom
    Asleep at the Wheel: Boogie Back to Texas
    Thin Lizzy: The Boys are Back in Town
    Judas Priest: Breaking the Law
    Van Morrison: Bright Side of the Road
    N’Sync: Bye Bye Bye
    Train: Calling all Angels
    Pat Green: Carry On
    Alan Jackson: Chattahoochee
    Cher: Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves
    Barenaked Ladies: Chimpanzee (or Another Postcard)
    Collective Soul: Collection of Goods
    Sam and Dave: Cool Jerk
    The Cranberries: Zombie
    MaryMary: Love you that much
    Don Henley: the Boys of Summer
    Captain Jack: Don’t you Just Know it
    Rockin Sidney: Don’t mess with my Toot Toot
    The Police: Every Little Thing She Does & Message in a Bottle
    Fleetwood Mac: Tusk
    Moby: Flower
    Kenny Loggins: Footloose
    Billy Joel: For the Longest Time
    Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers: Why Do Fools Fall in Love
    Tom Petty: Free Falling & Life is a Highway & MaryJane’s Last Dance & Running Down a Dream
    Deana Carter: The Girl you Left Me For
    Mark Chestnutt: Going Through the Big D & It’s a Little Too Late
    Diana Ross: the Happening
    Heat Wave
    Cat Stevens: Here Comes My Baby
    DC Talk: Hey You, I’m into Jesus
    Hermes House Band: Hit the Road Jack
    Honey Can you Squeeze Me In
    Scooter Lee: Honky Tonk Twist dance mix 2
    Jack Johnson: Hope
    Yolanda Adams: I Believe I Can Fly (not right BPM but good one!)
    Anthony Hamilton: I used to Love Someone
    Queen: I Want it All & Don’t Stop me Now (Best song!!)
    Prince: I would Die 4 U
    Simple Plan: I’ll Do Anything
    Suzanne Vega: I’ll Never Be Your Maggie May
    The Pointer Sisters: I’m so Excited
    Lemar: If There’s Any Justice
    Shaggy: In the Summertime
    Beyonce: Irreplaceable
    John Cougar Mellencamp: Jack and Diane
    Kenny Chesney: Just Don’t Happen Twice
    Alicia Keys: Karma
    Wilson Pickett: Land of a 1000 Dances
    Dr. Alban: Let the Beat Go On
    Ricky Martin: Living La Vida Loca
    Eminem: Lose Yourself
    Pat Benetar: Love is a Battlefield
    Whitney Houston: Love is a Contact Sport
    Lou Bega: Mambo #5
    Marc Anthony: She’s Been Good To Me
    Sean Kingston: Me Love
    Berlin: The Metro
    David Bowie: Modern Love
    Need Someone to Hold
    The Feeling: Never be Lonely
    The Beatles: Oh Darling
    Shades Of Blue: Oh How Happy You Have Made Me
    Taylor Swift: Our Song
    Meatloaf: Paradise by the Dashboard Light
    Ashlee Simpson: Pieces of Me
    Ace of Base: Remember the Words & The Sign
    Rihanna w/ JayZ: Under my Umbrella
    Led Zepplin: Rock and Roll
    Rocky Horror Picture Show: Time Warp
    Electric Light Orchestra: Roll Over Beethoven
    Dion and the Belmonts: Runaround Sue
    Relient K: Sadie Hawkins Dance
    Lyle Lovett: San Antonio Girl
    Backstreet Boys: Show me the Meaning of Being Lonely
    Michael Bolton: Sitting on the Dock of the Bay
    Garbage: So Like a Rose
    Trisha Yearwood: Standing Out in a Crowd
    Journey: Suzanne
    Dr. Hook: Sylvia’s Mother
    Fiori: Take me Where You Are (DJ Fluid Mix)
    The Exciters: Tell Him
    Kimya Dawson: Tire Swing
    Shakira: Underneath your Clothes
    Oasis: Wonderwall
    Book of Love: You Make Me Feel So Good (single remix)

posted almost 9 years ago

• in reply to what Lisa O. said:165-180 BPM: Savage Garden: Affirmation & Truly, Madly, Deeply Phil Vasser: American Child Aerosmith: Angel & Pink Joni Mitchell: Big Yellow Taxi Billy Idol: You Spin Me Right Round & Dancing with Myself Highway 101: Bing Bang ... read more

This is an awesome list!! Something for everyone!

• What style are you looking for?

I tend to listen to Industrial, Goth, Darkwave when working out. (you won't find any of that on any standard BPM site.)

• Are you familiar with Podrunner? Here's the website: http://www.djsteveboy.com/podrunner.html They have hourlong mixes in a variety of BPMs. I discovered a few weeks ago and I enjoy listening to them while I workout.

posted almost 9 years ago | edited almost 9 years ago

• Quick responses, Thanks!

Something for "everyone" except probably Industrial, Goth or Darkwave...I'm not exactly sure what that style is. I sure don't rule anything out though, although the one Eminem is about the edgiest song on my list to date (probably not saying much, is it?). I do tend to like the songs that someone might find themselves singing along to or that get stuck in their head. Kind of on the fun side so as to distract, I guess. Definetly not "heavy" songs, one Judas Priest and one Zepplin in the mix.

Surprised me that I would like to run to some country songs....I do not like country but some of the 2step style songs have a nice beat to them. I'm not a speedy runner...28min 5k and 2:15 Half are my PRs.

• thanks, guys for this list. I have a bunch of these songs on my iPod, and will add a bunch more from iTunes....

I've been looking for something like this for a while!

• Thanks for the list. Here are a few more, mainly hip-hop and some various pop. The bpm listed are by my count with a stopwatch (a little insane, I recognize, but I find it's worth it).

3rd Planet, Modest Mouse,168
    N.Y. State of Mind,Nas,168
    Don't Look Back in Anger,Oasis,168
    Git Up, Git Out, OutKast, 168
    Something Left to Say, Roman Candle, 168
    Another Summer, Roman Candle,168
    Break You Off, The Roots, 168
    Runnin' (Dying to Live), Tupac & Notorious B.I.G., 168
    Izzo (H.O.V.A.), Jay-Z, 174
    Dead Presidents II, Jay-Z, 174
    Jesus Walks, Kanye West, 174
    The World Is Yours, Nas, 174
    Passin' Me By, The Pharcyde, 174
    Keep It Rollin', A Tribe Called Quest, 174
    I Ain't Mad At Cha, 2pac & Danny Boy, 174
    P.I.M.P. (Snoop Dogg Remix), 50 Cent, 174
    Ghetto Pop Life, Danger Mouse & Jemini, 180
    She Don't Use Jelly, The Flaming Lips, 180
    Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell, The Flaming Lips, 180
    Damn It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta, Geto Boys,180
    '03 Bonnie & Clyde, Jay-Z, 180
    Can I Get A... (Soundtrack Version), Jay-Z, 180
    Get Em High, Kanye West, Talib Kweli & Common, 180
    Polar Opposites, Modest Mouse, 180
    Fire It Up, Modest Mouse, 180
    Spitting Venom, Modest Mouse, 180
    Definition, Mos Def & Talib Kweli, 180
    Life's a Bitch, Nas, 180
    Memory Lane (Sittin' In Da Park), Nas, 180
    Ya Mama, The Pharcyde, 180
    Rock You The Roots 180
    C.R.E.A.M., Wu-Tang Clan, 180
    In da Club, 50 Cent, 180

posted over 8 years ago

• I'm very sorry that I don't have any recommendations for you, but I just have to say that this is a real eye-opener for me!

I've tried running with music before and found it a really miserable experience that completely threw me off. But since you put it this way, I wonder if that's because most of the stuff on my MP3 player is either much slower tempo or much faster tempo than most of the songs listed so far? After all, my stride rate is about 170 to 175 steps per minute - right in that BPM range .... kinda makes me want to create a playlist with songs in the right tempo range and try again.

posted over 8 years ago

• in reply to what John P. said:I'm very sorry that I don't have any recommendations for you, but I just have to say that this is a real eye-opener for me! I've tried running with music before and found it a really miserable experience that completely threw me of... read more

Hey, I recommend trying it with some songs that feel right. I think it feels good to run to the beat, and I wanted to increase my stride rate. Good luck!

posted over 8 years ago

• "I guess. Definetly not "heavy" songs, one Judas Priest and one Zepplin in the mix."

Well there goes my Megadeth and Anthrax picks.

How about Iron Maiden's -The loneliness of the long distance runner-?

Ok, I will stop now. ;-)

posted over 8 years ago

• in reply to what Dave T. said:Thanks for the list. Here are a few more, mainly hip-hop and some various pop. The bpm listed are by my count with a stopwatch (a little insane, I recognize, but I find it's worth it). 3rd Planet, Modest Mouse,168 N.Y. State of Mind,Nas,1... read more

These times are way off. It seems like you're counting 8th notes. The Modest Mouse track clocks in around 84 bpm. My metronome has the Tribe Called Quest track just under 92 bpm.

Hip hop generally clocks in between about 72 and 96 bpm, although a dance remix with a four on the floor beat will head toward 112 sometimes. House music thumps between 112 and 132. Faster techno pushes the tempo into the 132 - 148 range. If you're looking for something upwards of 168, drum & bass is a good place to start.

Sing It Back by Moloko: 124 bpm.
    Pulp Fiction by Alex Reece (Original Mix): 168 bpm. A couple of the remixes of that track are 172.
    Junior's Tune by AK1200 is 180 bpm.
    Damn, It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta by the Geto Boys is 92 bpm.

Remember, if you're listening to highly syncopated music with double kick drums like in hip hop, or drum & bass, listen for when the snare hits. Generally, in popular music, the snare drum hits on 2 and 4. You don't count each upbeat the cymbals hit (1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &), is probably what you hear as slow rap songs at 180 bpm. Count like so: (1) 2 (3) 4. 2 and 4 is where the snare hits in the basic pattern.

When I'm running, I get a nice groove going at 126 - 128 bpm, usually to a Fleep (www.fleep.com) mix. Or, I'll rub up my own mix...

One Night in Singapore ( http://fleep.com/one-night-in-singapore/ ) from Fleep is 127 bpm.

This is 128 bpm:
    http://rurl.org/1j6d (Digeum Mix Session 02I: International Dance Day - 29 Apr 2009)
    http://rurl.org/1ikq (Digeum Mix Session 02H: Spring Swelter - 21 Apr 2009)

(My mixes are always between about 121 for the laid back extra deep stuff to 128 bpm.)

So, to recap:

Hip hop: 72 - 96 bpm.
    Remixed hip hop or downtempo: 96 - 112 bpm.
    House music: 112 - 132 bpm.
    Techno / trance: 132 - 148 bpm.
    Dubstep: 140 - 156 bpm.
    Funky breaks: 148 - 160 bpm.
    Drum & bass: 164 - 180 bpm.
    Happy Hardcore: 180 - 220 bpm.

posted over 8 years ago | edited over 8 years ago

• in reply to what Apollo L. said:These times are way off. It seems like you're counting 8th notes. The Modest Mouse track clocks in around 84 bpm. My metronome has the Tribe Called Quest track just under 92 bpm. Hip hop generally clocks in between about 72 and 96 bpm, ... read more

Apollo,

While I appreciate your musicological correction, I think you're unhelpfully complicating the issue. For the purposes at hand, I want music that allows me to put my feet down to a beat (perhaps not "the" beat) about 180 times a minute, and these songs allow that. Admittedly, I counted these off for ten seconds and multiplied by six, which leaves plenty of room for error, but the two tracks you mention are, when doubled, almost exactly what I put down. To say they're "way off" is pedantic rather than useful here, unless there are tracks you can't run to at the rates I'm suggesting.

But it sounds like you have a broad knowledge of music, so if you know of particular tracks, drum-and-bass or otherwise, that allow a stride rate of about 180, I'd be grateful for them.

Best,
    Dave

posted over 8 years ago

• I dunno, Dave. When you're asking for tracks at 180 beats per minute and you shout out tracks at 92 beats per minute, it really makes me question how accurate you want to get. Pick your feet up and put them down to whatever you want. I could care less. I'm just pointing out that 180 beats per minute is generally twice as fast as you think it is.

Calling me a pedant because I prefer accuracy over wild guesses that are off by a factor of two is fine, but it doesn't do anything but make you look like a douchebag, brother. Slow hip-hop blows your hair back? Cool. Run to that. Whatever. I'm a pedant because I've corrected your BPM issue? Fine. Cool, carry on, dog.

I've spoken my peace. Good luck with whatever you're doing.

posted over 8 years ago

• Get Native Instruments Traktor DJ Studio. You can beat match ANYTHING to any pace. It will also retain the original pitch so you don't get chipmunk versions of your songs. I have 4 different playlists all perfectly beatmatched... 155, 160, 163, 190BPM.

suggestions...
    Juno Reactor - Conga Fury (awesome speedwork track)
    Talisman & Hudson - Leaving Planet Earth
    Alex Morph and rank 1 - Live less ordinary

I would name some more but I just realized I've beatmatched mine for the higher pace and forgot the original BPMs!!!

Brian

posted over 8 years ago

• I just recently posted a list of over 4 hrs of music for runners in the 140 - 190 BPM range. It is an eclectic mix with bands like The Killers, Gorillaz, Stones, Clash, Kooks, Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Smiths, Chicago, Black Eyed Peas, etc... all are either inspirational, about running, or just fun. Check it out at:
    http://www.remanents.com/blog/best-running-music-ever/

Also finishing up new mix w/ more songs in 165 - 170 range w/ bands like Kings of Leon, The Who, Vampire Weekend, the Cure, Panic at the disco, Phoenix, etc...

posted about 8 years ago

• Hellasound.com (http://www.hellasound.com) creates & sells original running music. Haven't tried it yet myself b/c I usually listen to running podcasts but I saw on Twitter someone saying they liked it. He's also on the dailymile. http://www.dailymile.com/people/hellasound

posted about 8 years ago

• Try AudioFuel (http://www.AudioFuel.co.uk) They write music specifically for running with.

Their latest release "Excelerator " is an hour long compilation that starts with a track called Free Brazilia at 165 BPM, has 1 more 165 BPM track (Push Through) then a host of tracks at 170 BPM (Touch the Sky is amazing)

http://www.audiofuel.co.uk/shop/pure/pure_compilation_12/excelerator.html

posted almost 8 years ago

• Another vote for Podrunner. You can also find their podcasts via itunes.

• great stuff i will check out these songs

• 165BPM. Bah. Just listen to Agoraphobic Nosebleed and divide.

posted over 7 years ago | edited over 7 years ago

• in reply to what Brian B. said:Get Native Instruments Traktor DJ Studio. You can beat match ANYTHING to any pace. It will also retain the original pitch so you don't get chipmunk versions of your songs. I have 4 different playlists all perfectly beatmatched... 155, 160,... read more

Thanks for the tip about Traktor DJ Studio, but for some reason the software wouldn't launch on my Windows 7 / 64 bit computer. I ended up finding something WAY better for this particular use... Mixmeister Studio. You can create full running mixes matched to whatever BPM you want, with transitions between songs. Like your own Nike+ mix. Super cool.

I just created an entirely 180BPM continuous mix of Crystal Castles and I can't wait to take it out on my next run!

posted over 7 years ago | edited over 7 years ago

• These songs range from 160-180 beats per minute, and they were on my running list for a complete marathon training season. Love them! Hope you enjoy.

Hey Ya!---Outcast
    If I had a Million Dollars---Barenaked Ladies
    Holy---Shane and Shane
    Sunny Came Home ----Shawn Colvin
    If I Could Give All My Love to You----Counting Crows
    Good Run of Bad Luck------Clint Black
    Head Over Feet-----Alanis Morsette
    Breakaway------Kelly Clarkson
    Gangster's Paradise----Coolio
    Captain Geech and the Shrimpshack Shooters----That Thing You Do Soundtrack
    Complicated-----Avril Lavigne
    The Longest Time----Billy Joel
    The Reason ---- Hoobastank
    Mood Ring ---- Reliant K
    Cool Enough For You-----Five Iron Frenzy
    Come On Closer-------Jem

posted over 7 years ago

• Dave seamed to be just kindly making his point in a kind way. You could have said what you needed to say to make your "peace" with out going around calling people name we used back in middle school...

posted over 7 years ago

• I also use software to alter the bpm of my songs -- I run to 170, 173, and 176 bpm. I use Mixcraft and it's very simple, plus it only costs about $75, and you can download it. Great stuff. If you have a song that is 84 bpm, mutliply it by 2 and you get 168 -- perfect to run to. In fact Mixcraft will calculate the bpm of a song and give you the option to multiply that by 2 when you are altering the bpm. The important thing is that your feet hit the ground on the beat of the music. Frankly I find that either really slow stuff (ie the 75-85 bpm songs) or fast songs in the 150-180 bpm work best for converting. Anything around 125 I just can't use. I'm not sure how you could run to 125bpm music, unless your feet are not hitting the ground along with the beat. And if that's the case, who cares about the bpm!

posted over 7 years ago

• Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne is 165 and it helps me run up hills. Thanks to everyone for their lists!

posted over 7 years ago

• i'm not sure what bpm range these songs fall in, but the songs (My 1st) Big Break and A Peak in Time (both by Cut Chemist) always make me pick up the pace, even when I'm exhausted.

posted over 7 years ago

• I never listen to music when I run; however, if I did, I would listen to the following would keep me pumped:

Scraped- Guns N' Roses
    Hero- Skillet
    Monster- Skillet
    Alive and Awake- Skillet
    ShowStopper- TobyMac
    Indestructible- Disturbed
    Alive- P.O.D.

That's all I can pull out of my head at the moment. I hope you like some of the suggestions.

posted over 7 years ago

• Lisa, if you run with music, and in particular, it sounds as though you run to a certain beat, I would recommend audiofuel. All of the homework has been done for you, or you can also go to http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm and tap the beat and it will give you precisely the BPM for the song with no guessing. I have both the mid intensity and high intensity long runs from audiofuel and they are great. I also pick on the keyboard and create my own songs as well. Take care.

*disclaimer - in no way do I work for audiofuel or am I getting paid to talk about it. I am just a customer who has bought and listened to it and love it.

posted almost 7 years ago

• Jo
    Jo Sendmail

Maybe some of these will help? I'm not sure what the BPM's are for these songs.. but it varies greatly.

http://runhardeatclean.blogspot.com/

• Heres some of mine:
    range from 130 to 180 BPM

Right As Rain 3:17 Adele 19 Pop 11 8/29/10 7:17 PM
    Don't Matter 4:53 Akon Konvicted (Exclusive Version) Hip-Hop/Rap
    Right Now (Na Na Na) 4:06 Akon R&B 100 21 12/18/10 2:53 PM
    Beautiful 5:13 Akon, Colby O'Donis & Kardinal Offishall Freedom R&B/Soul
    Use Me (Till You Use Me Up) 3:41 Al Jarreau Ain't No Sunshine Vocal
    Girlfriend 3:35 Avril Lavigne Now 25 General Rock
    Cyclone (feat. T-Pain) 3:44 Baby Bash Cyclone (feat. T-Pain) - Single Hip-Hop/Rap
    Halo 4:22 Beyonce I Am Sasha Fierce R&B 100 16 12/11/10 5:24 PM
    Beautiful Liar 3:17 Beyoncé & Shakira Now That's What I Call Music, Vol. 25 Pop
    Upgrade U 4:33 Beyoncé Feat. Jay-Z B'Day Urban Crossover
    Check On It 3:30 Beyoncé Feat. Slim Thug Now That's What I Call Music! Vol. 22
    I Gotta Feeling 4:49 Black Eyed Peas The E.N.D. (The Energy Never Dies) Pop
    hey yeah 3:57 Black Eyed Peas 8 12/12/10 1:29 AMk
    crazy baldhead 3:23 Bob Marley Natural Mystic Reggae 6 12/18/10
    who the cap fit 4:43 Bob Marley Rastaman Vibration (remastered) Reggae
    Bend Down Low 3:22 Bob Marley & The Wailers Natty Dread Reggae
    Africa Unite 2:56 Bob Marley & The Wailers Natural Mystic Reggae 61 M
    Talkin' Blues 4:37 Bob Marley & The Wailers Talkin' Blues Reggae 1
    Fire Lake 3:31 Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band Against The Wind Rock
    Toxic 3:22 Britney Spears In The Zone Pop 100
    Far Behind 4:54 Candlebox Candlebox Alternative
    Do It To It 3:41 Cherish Feat. Sean Paul Of YoungBloodZ Now 23 General Pop
    Kiss Kiss (feat. T-Pain) 4:13 Chris Brown Kiss Kiss (feat. T-Pain) - Single
    Genie In A Bottle 3:38 Christina Aguilera Grammy Nominees 2000 Alternative
    Viva la Vida 4:04 Coldplay Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends Alternative
    Run Through the Jungle 3:06 Creedence Clearwater Revival Chronicle, Vol. 1 Rock
    All these Lyrics 3:25 Daughtry Rock 100 14 10/13/10 8:28 AM
    Madman Across the Water (Original Version) 8:52 Elton John Tumbleweed Connection (Remastered) Pop 6 8/29/10 7:32 PM
    Lose Yourself 5:22 Eminem
    I Love the Way You Lie 4:23 Eminem ft Rihanna 100 15 11/8/10 8:00
    I Like It 3:49 Enrique Iglesias ft. Pitbull World Wide Urban Music 100 5 M
    Anywhere But Home 4:16 EvaneSecence Anywhere But Home Rock 9 11/3/10
    What's Luv? (feat. Ja-Rule & Ashanti) 4:27 Fat Joe Jealous Ones Still Envy (J.O.S.E)
    Jump Ft. Nelly Furtado 3:29 Flo Rida R.O.O.T.S Hip-Hop 2
    Right Round 3:26 Flo Rida www.RnBXclusive.com www.RnBXclusive.com M
    Low 3:53 Flo Rida ft. T-Pain Other 100 10 12/18/10 3:19 PM
    Sugar 4:13 Flo Rida/Wynter R.O.O.T.S. (Route of Overcoming the Struggle) Rap &
    Clint Eastwood 5:40 Gorillaz Gorillaz (Bonus Track Version) Alternative 54 M
    Boulevard Of Broken Dreams 4:23 Green Day American Idiot Alternative 100 23
    Breakdown 4:07 Handsome Boy Modeling School & Jack Johnson White People
    Staple It Together 3:16 Jack Johnson In Between Dreams (Bonus Track Version) M
    Blame It (Feat T-Pain) 4:51 Jamie Foxx Intuition R&B 24 8/29/10 4:45 PM
    Ridin Solo 3:39 Jason Derulo 100 10 12/30/10 2:12 PM
    Cry 4:35 Jay Sean All Or Nothing R&B 100 9 12/27/10 6:33 PM
    Down (feat. Lil Wayne) 3:32 Jay Sean All or Nothing (Bonus Track Version) Pop
    Do You Remember (feat. Sean Paul & Lil Jon) 3:30 Jay Sean All or Nothing (Bonus
    2012 (It Ain't the End) [feat. Nicki Minaj] 3:42 Jay Sean 2012 (It Ain't the End) [feat.
    Tonight 3:24 Jay Sean 8 12/18/10 2:45 PM
    Empire State of Mind (feat. Alicia Keys) 4:37 Jay-Z The Blueprint 3 Hip-Hop/Rap
    Run This Town 4:35 Jay-Z ft Kanye West & Rihanna (Dirty) The Blueprint 3 Hip
    Beautiful Soul 3:35 Jesse McCartney Beautiful Soul Pop 100 12 12/18/10
    Shake 3:10 Jesse McCartney Shake - Single Pop 2 1/3/11 11:35 AM
    Body Language 3:41 Jesse McCartney Feat T-Pain HotNewHipHop.com 100
    Battlefield 4:03 Jordin Sparks R&B 100 15 12/27/10 6:22 PM
    No Air 4:25 Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown Jordin Sparks Pop 100 2 6/19/10
    Electropop 3:54 Jupiter rising 1 1/3/11 11:19 AM
    Favorite Girl 4:15 Justin Bieber Favorite Girl - Single Pop 100 17 1/11/11 7:59
    Love Me 3:12 Justin Bieber Love Me - Single Pop 100 38 1/11/11 8:02 PM
    One Time 3:36 Justin Bieber My World Pop 100 31 1/11/11 8:06 PM
    One Less Lonely Girl 3:49 Justin Bieber My World Pop 100 8 1/8/11 9:35 AM
    Somebody To Love (Remix) 3:39 Justin Bieber ft Usher Sombody to love Pop
    Cry Me a River 4:48 Justin Timberlake Justified Pop 100 24 3/23/10 10:32 AM
    Whine Up (feat. Elephant Man) 3:26 Kat DeLuna Whine Up (feat. Elephant Man) -
    Kiss N Tell 3:31 Ke$ha 100 12 1/3/11 11:03 AM
    Breakaway 3:57 Kelly Clarkson Breakaway Alternative
    I Made It (Cash Money Heroes) (feat. Birdman, Jay sean, Lil Wayne) 4:22 Kevin Rudolf feat. Birdman, Jay sean, Lil Wayne I Made It Hip-Hop 100 4 10/1/10 8:49 AM
    American Woman 4:22 Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits Rock 14 12/18/10
    Mambo Number 5 (A Little Bit Of...) 3:41 Lou Bega Grammy Nominees 2000
    Don't Forget About Us (Radio) 3:56 Mariah Carey Don't Forget About Us - Single
    Shake It Off 3:53 Mariah Carey The Emancipation of Mimi Pop
    Little of Your Time 2:19 Maroon 5 It Won't Be Soon Before Long Alternative 100
    Be Without You (Kendu Mix) 4:05 Mary J. Blige The Breakthrough (iTunes Version)
    How Far We've Come 3:31 Matchbox Twenty Exile On Mainstream Rock 100 6
    Push 3:59 Matchbox Twenty Yourself Or Someone Like You Alternative & Punk
    Beat It 4:19 Michael Jackson History [Disc 1] General Pop 100 2 8/21/10
    Cooler Than Me ft. Big Sean 3:48 Mike Posner & the Brain Trust A Matter of Time
    See You Again 3:10 Miley Cyrus Hannah Montana 2 - Meet Miley Cyrus Soundt
    Love Like This 3:46 Natasha Bedingfield Love Like This (feat. Sean Kingston) - Single
    Pirate Bones 3:52 Natasha Bedingfield Pocketful of Sunshine Pop 2 1/7/11
    Single ('06 Mix) 3:53 Natasha Bedingfield Unwritten Pop 2 2/16/10 10:54 AM
    Beautiful Monster 4:12 Ne-Yo Beautiful Monster 100 6 11/3/10 8:53
    Mad 4:15 Ne-Yo Year Of The Gentleman R&B 100 3 12/14/10 1:01 PM
    Just a Dream 3:58 Nelly Just a Dream - Single Hip Hop/Rap 1 12/13/10 4
    Grillz 4:31 Nelly featuring Paul Wall, Ali & Gipp Sweatsuit Hip-Hop/Rap 4 1
    Hey, Man! 4:10 Nelly Furtado Whoa, Nelly! Pop 4 7/26/10 9:49 AM
    Shit on the Radio (Remember the Days) 3:54 Nelly Furtado Whoa, Nelly! Rock
    Legend 3:35 Nelly Furtado Whoa, Nelly! Rock 2 7/26/10 9:36 AM
    Turn Off The Light 4:36 Nelly Furtado Whoa, Nelly! Pop 3 1/8/11 9:08 A
    My Love Grows Deeper Part 1 4:23 Nelly Furtado Whoa, Nelly! Pop 5 1
    I Will Make U Cry 4:00 Nelly Furtado Whoa, Nelly! Rock 2 7/26/10 9:0
    Bathwater 4:03 No Doubt Return of Saturn Rock 23 9/30/10 9:16 AM
    COME OUT AND PLAY 3:17 Offspring GREATEST HITS Rock 22 12/
    All The Right Moves 4:01 One Republic Waking Up Pop 100 21 12/30/10 1
    Let Me Come On Home 2:55 Otis Redding The Ultimate Otis Redding R&B 7
    Ms Jackson 4:35 OutKast Stankonia Hip-Hop 2
    I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) [More English Extended Mix] 4:26 Pitbull I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) - EP Hip Hop/Rap 100 2 1/8/11 9:12 AM
    Breaking the Girl 4:55 The Red Hot Chili Peppers Blood Sugar Sex Magik Rock
    Super Freak 3:25 Rick James 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection:
    Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) 4:36 Rihanna Good Girl Gone Bad Pop 100 2 12/14/10 1
    Rehab 4:55 Rihanna Good Girl Gone Bad R&B 100 9 10/22/10 5:57 PM
    S.O.S. 3:59 Rihanna Now That's What I Call Music! Vol. 22 General Pop 100 9
    Only Girl (In the World) 3:56 Rihanna Only Girl (In the World) - Single Pop 4
    Hard (feat. Jeezy) 4:11 Rihanna Rated R Pop 100 32 12/27/10 6:07 PM
    This Is How a Heart Breaks 3:51 Rob Thomas Something to Be Rock
    Can't You Hear Me Knocking 7:16 The Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers Rock
    Letting Go (Dutty Love) [feat. Nicki Minaj] 3:51 Sean Kingston Letting Go (Dutty Love) [
    Face Drop 3:07 Sean Kingston 100 32 12/30/10 1:11 PM
    Me Love 3:24 Sean Kingston Rap/R&B 100 20 1/11/11 7:35 PM
    Temperature 3:37 Sean Paul Now That's What I Call Music! Vol. 22 General Pop
    Fall For You 3:05 Secondhand Serenade
    Impossible 3:44 Shontelle WWW.iM1MUSIC.NET R&B 100 5 12/30/10 1
    Buy You A Drank (Shawty Snappin') 3:49 T-Pain Feat. Yung Joc Now That's Wht I
    Live Your Life (feat. Rihanna) 4:01 T.I. Paper Trail Hip-Hop 1 1/8/11 9:39
    Higher (feat. Travie McCoy) 3:40 Taio Cruz & Travie McCoy Higher (feat. Travie McCoy) -
    Swell 3:03 Thomas Cunningham Swell Folk Rock
    Loser 4:25 Three Doors Down The Better Life Alternative 1
    OMG (ft. Will I. Am) 4:44 Usher Raymond vs Raymond Rnb 100 7 10/
    In da Club 4:02 50 Cent Get Rich or Die Tryin' Hip Hop/Rap 2

• good ones. thanks

• in reply to what Dave T. said:Thanks for the list. Here are a few more, mainly hip-hop and some various pop. The bpm listed are by my count with a stopwatch (a little insane, I recognize, but I find it's worth it). 3rd Planet, Modest Mouse,168 N.Y. State of Mind,Nas,1... read more

I love this list!!!

• You can also download a program called Cadence Desktop. It analyzes the music in your library and tells you the BPM.

http://www.cadenceapp.com

• Not entirely sure about the exact BPM of them, but I found the cadence of these Foo Fighters songs (all available on the album "The Singles, 1995-2008") perfect for running: This is a Call, Monkey Wrench, Breakout, All My Life, Times Like These.

• This site is excellent for finding the BPM:

http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

Just tap along!

There is also an iPod/iPhone app called "BeatMe" that works well

• Pam
    Pam Sendmail

I just downloaded a podcast by a DJ who runs. Sort of techno but good for running. Not sure what the bpm are.

• What's the name of the DJ? Would try it... Thx

• Here's my 180 BPM song list:

Alone again Or - The Damned
    Daylight - Matt & Kim
    fire it up - Modest Mouse
    Going Underground - The Jam
    Gold Guns Girls - Metric
    I'm not Okay (I promise) - My chemical romance
    I Only Want you - Eagles of Death metal
    Livin' la vida Loca - Ricky martin
    Meantime - The Futureheads
    Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
    Neat Neat Neat - The Damned
    Slight Figure of Speech - The Avett Brothers
    Tessellate - Tokyo Police Club
    Wolf Like Me - TV On the Radio

I also am a big fan of Podrunner and MotionTraxx, both of which are free to download in about any BPM you want.

posted over 6 years ago

• You said happy hardcore. Thumbs up to that. I would say that I ran 2 marathons listening to gabber/hardcore. Something about hearing a song called Never Surrender at the 13 mi just kind of pushes you.

posted over 6 years ago

• MixMeister BPM Analyzer will analyze your mp3 library and automatically update the files with the BPM information. Then I just sort the list by BPM and load the applicable tracks to the ol' iPod.

Another great option is Jog.fm - you plug your goal mile time into the search engine (or desired BPMs) and it generates a list of songs available via iTunes or AmazonMP3.

posted over 6 years ago

• in reply to what Lisa O. said:165-180 BPM: Savage Garden: Affirmation & Truly, Madly, Deeply Phil Vasser: American Child Aerosmith: Angel & Pink Joni Mitchell: Big Yellow Taxi Billy Idol: You Spin Me Right Round & Dancing with Myself Highway 101: Bing Bang ... read more

Im so glad I found this list. I'm a new runner and have been doing my best to establish good training habits early. I downloaded a metronome app on my blackberry and have been keeping cadance with it. Halfway through my run yesterday I changed back to music and my energy surged. It will be nice to have a playlist that can hit both. Thank you so much:)

posted over 6 years ago

• Great mix that was made for running the Crystal Method - Nike Original run, slow build up and then peaks. Only 40 mins long though

posted over 6 years ago

• i think this is in the range:

mercury - bloc party

posted over 6 years ago

• www.pickmaxshoes.com is a professional online shoe shop specializing Nike Air Max shoes with low price and guaranteed quality. Our main produts are: Nike Air Max Shoes,Air Max 90,Air max 95, air max 2009,Air max 2011,Air max 24-7,air max 87,air max TN,BW,air max 2010,air max zenyth,air max skyline, air max structure triax 91,air maxtrainer 1+low,air max Taiwind 2009,air max 180,Air Max Griffey 2011,Air Pegasus 89, Air Waffle Trainer,Air Max Terra Ninety,2012 shoes. asics onitsuka tiger shoes, Asics Mexico 66,Asics MINI,NFL Jerseys ......They are very popular and sell well online with reasonable price, high quality and best service. Welcome to www.pickmaxshoes.com and get more details about more products. Nike shoes are chosen by many people all the time. If you also love Nike Shoes, http://www.pickmaxshoes.com is a good choice. If you have any question,Please contact pickmaxshoes@hotmail.com Free Shipping Paypal payment wholesale and retail.

Nike Air Max 90
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-90--s233/
    Nike Air Max 95
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-95--s234/
    Nike Air Max 97
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-97-s235/
    Nike Air Max 87
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-87-s236/
    Nike Air Zenyth
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Zenyth-s242/
    Nike Air Max 180
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-180--s237/
    Nike air max 2012
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-air-max-2012-s259/
    Nike air max 2011
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-air-max--2011-s230/
    Nike Air Max 2010
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max--2010--s231/
    Nike Air Max 2009
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max--2009---s232/
    Nike Air Max 24-7
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-24-7-s229/
    Nike Air Max 2003
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-2003-s261/
    Nike Air Max TN
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-TN--s239/
    Nike Air Max LTD
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-LTD-s240/
    Nike Air Max BW
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-BW-s241/
    Nike Air Pegasus 89
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Pegasus-89-s264/
    Air Max Griffey 2011
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Air-Max-Griffey-2011-s258/
    Nike Air Waffle Trainer
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Waffle-Trainer-s265/
    Air Max Terra Ninety
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Air-Max-Terra-Ninety-s266/
    Nike Air Skyline
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Skyline-s243/
    Nike Air Structure Triax 91
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Structure-Triax-91-s244/
    Air Max Trainer 1+ Low
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Air-Max-Trainer-1+-Low-s262/
    Air Max Tailwind 2009
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Air-Max-Tailwind-2009-s245/
    Womens Air Max 24-7
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-24-7--s246/
    Air Max Tailwind 2010
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Air-Max-Tailwind-2010-s257/
    Womens Air Max 2012
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-2012-s260/
    Womens Air Max 2011
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-2011--s247/
    Womens Air Max 2010
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-2010--s248/
    Womens Air Max 2009
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-2009--s249/
    Womens Air Max 95
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-95--s250/
    Womens Air Max 90
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-90--s251/
    Womens Air Max BW
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-BW--s252/
    Womens Air Max TN
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-TN-s254/
    Asics Onitsuka Tiger
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Asics-Onitsuka-Tiger-c74/
    Asics Mexico 66
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Asics-Mexico-66-s267/
    Asics Onitsuka Tiger MINI
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Asics-MINI-s268/
    NFL Jerseys
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/NFL-Jerseys-c77/

FAQ
    Payment
    For customers’safety, we take Western Union/Money Gram and Paypal the payment method.

Shipment
    All the items in our store are free shipping.
    Item will be shipped out as soon as payment cleared and tracking number will be provided for you within 12 business hours after shipping
    Delivery will take approx. 5-7 business days.

Return Policy
    If you don't satisfy with the quality, you are allowed to return the item within 7 days after receipt, then we will issue you a full refund or exchange accordingly.

If any questions, please feel free to contact us!

web site: http://www.pickmaxshoes.com

posted over 6 years ago

• wholesale and retail high quality dicount Nike Air Max Shoes,Asics Onitsuka Tiger shoes,NFL Jerseys and offer good price. Free Shipping accept paypal wholesale and retail from china. http://www.pickmaxshoes.com

posted over 6 years ago

• 'Curbside Prophet' by Jason Mraz -- nice steady 182 bpm!

posted over 6 years ago

• Check out runthebodyelectric.blogspot.com

It's a blog that aims to find songs that are easy and enjoyable to run to that might get missed on a lot of mixes. The tempos run the gamut, but new songs are posted daily.

posted over 6 years ago

• Check out runthebodyelectric.blogspot.com
    It's a blog that aims to find songs that are easy and enjoyable to run to that might get missed on a lot of mixes. The tempos run the gamut, but new songs are posted daily.

posted over 6 years ago

• Great site! Can't wait for the mixes.

posted over 6 years ago

• Hi! Here's my very belated response.

I used MixMaster to calculate the bmp of all my music. Its free, but works on only mp3s. I try to run to 180bpm. Either songs that are 90 or 180 work for this - 90 is half of 180 and the bmp detection software can't tell the two apart too well, as neither can I, in fact I'm not sure if there is a real difference. Then I use Audacity - also free to slow or increase the tempo to songs that are close. Note that's tempo not speed, speed changes the pitch. You can increase tempo more than decrease it and still end up with stuff worth listening too. You can increase stuff thats around 130 to 180 and slow down stuff that's about 100 to 90. I only had a few songs that didn't sound good. So 100-130 is out, which a lot of music, in fact anything danceable, but I still managed to get about 30% of my music runnable.

posted about 6 years ago

• Check out jog.fm and you can search for songs based on bpm or your pace/km or pace/mile :)

posted about 6 years ago

• Since writing my response I have started a blog of running song recommendations. All songs are a BPM close to either 90 or 180. Anyone interested have a look.
    http://runtothebeat.blogspot.com/

Oh and jog.fm is very interesting!

posted almost 6 years ago | edited almost 6 years ago

• in reply to what Nicole L. said:Hi! Here's my very belated response. I used MixMaster to calculate the bmp of all my music. Its free, but works on only mp3s. I try to run to 180bpm. Either songs that are 90 or 180 work for this - 90 is half of 180 and the bmp detection ... read more

Well I am responding to myself, but if this idea of changing the tempo sounds good to you and you need a little help I have a blog post that is sort of a mini tutorial on how to do this. Here it is : http://runtothebeat.blogspot.fr/2012/04/take-control-of-bpm.html

posted over 5 years ago