Forums/

General Running

Qe2
Qe2 Sendmail

NIKE Lunar Glide comments?

posted about 8 years ago | Report

Can anyone comment on the Nike Lunar Glide shoe. I need a stability + shoe for slight pronation and cushion for my frame (6'0" 195lbs). I would like them for a training/race shoe I hear they are lighter. I usually run between 25-35 miles/week and will start competing in many 1/2 and Full Marathon's as the weather will cool hear in Florida soon. (I have a gift card for NIKE and need to buy their brand). All comments appreciated on NIKE shoes.

• I have not run in the Nike lunar glides, but I have a pair of the older Lunar Trainers. I found that these shoes work exceptionally well for road running; they have cushion, but are also extremely light. I am not sure if one would want to race in them, but I would recommend them nonetheless.

posted about 8 years ago

• Hi, I have always ran in heavier shoes like the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8 since I suffered from shin splints. So I need stability for over pronation too. I started running in Lunar Glides early August and I love them! Before those I had the Nike Structure Triax 12 which isn't too heavy or too light. I like those a lot too. The Lunar Glides are really comfortable and light and I have barely had any shin splint issues since I started running in them. I was running 20-25 mpw, now about 35 mpw in marathon training. I say try them!

posted about 8 years ago

• Hey Michelle_
    Pardon me while I geek out, I work at a running store, so I want to feel special.
    Usually when we see someone go from a moderate/heavy stability shoe to a really neutral shoe, like the glides, and have no shin splint etc issues, it indicates that person (for example, YOU!) didn't actually need the stability in the first place. Keep in mind, running on a worn out shoe is just as bad as running on a shoe that is not as stable enough for you.
    That being said, this is a RULE and there at exceptions to it. You could have strengthened your arches and ankles and not need stability any longer. Unless I can see you on a treadmill, I cannot really give you any real idea.
    IMHO, I would go into a fancy running store and get analyzed on the treadmill. That way, you don't have to guess!

posted about 8 years ago

• in reply to what Ben S. said:Hey Michelle_ Pardon me while I geek out, I work at a running store, so I want to feel special. Usually when we see someone go from a moderate/heavy stability shoe to a really neutral shoe, like the glides, and have no shin splint etc issues, it i... read more

hi! I love learning new stuff about running shoes because this is an endless topic... are the glides neutral or mildly stable? nike says they can work with mild pronation. yes I go through shoes very quickly. I am about to order another pair of glides and I think I only have approx 200 miles on them. possibly I have gotten stronger through regular training and stretching.
    I have gone to a fancy running store a few times and have had different responses. but they put me in the heavier brooks adrenaline... I just tried the lunar glides because I fell for the marketing and was really curious....

posted about 8 years ago

• I'm about 60 miles into a pair of Lunarglides, and I really like them. I am 6 ft. 1 inch, 215 pounds, with a pretty neutral stride. I'd been running on Nike Air Max 360s for a couple of years and was pretty loyal to them -- I liked the cushion and hadn't hadn't any problems with them, other than a little heel pain I attributed to wearing a pair too long. I decided to try the lunarglide cause it costs about half of what the AirMax did, plus it has a tiny bit of support for overpronation that only kicks in when you need it -- in case you tend to pronate more when you are fatigued, or one foot tends to pronoate more than the other--which is what the girl in RunOn thought might be causing the left heel pain. That has pretty much gone away on the lunar glide -- they are really light, well cushioned, and stable feeling. I'm about to get another pair!

posted about 7 years ago

• I've got 370 miles on my lunarglides. I formerly ran in Saucony Omni 8's, a stability shoe. I was looking for somethign a little less 'stable' and more free feeling, without sacraficing too much support. The Lunarglides fit the bill. I'm pretty flat footed, and I've felt that they offered just enough stability. They're certainly a little more stable than your average neutral shoe.

I've never been a fan of Nike shoes due to the fit for me as previously being too narrow- but these are roomier than the Nike's of the past. I'd call them a darn good running shoe.

posted about 7 years ago

• nice job, find nice New running shoes air jordanNew running shoes running shoes, check shoetocheap.ru

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Brown A. said:nice job, find nice New running shoes air jordanNew running shoes running shoes, check shoetocheap.ru

nice job, find nice New running shoes air jordanNew running shoes running shoes, check shoetocheap.ru

posted over 3 years ago