Forums/

General Running

What's on YOUR feet?

posted over 9 years ago | Report

Liz and I were talking about how much we loooove our Brooks. (I have the Addiction, I think she has the Adrenaline.) So what are you running in these days? What do you like/dislike in a running shoe?

193 posts

scroll to bottom
  • I, too, have the Brooks Adrenaline. Since I over pronate, this was the shoe that felt the best on my feet. But, i don't care for the design. I am a fan of loud colored shoes (see track shoes) and the Brooks comes up lacking in that category.

posted over 9 years ago

• Since I'm new to running, I didn't invest a lot of money in my first pair of shoes, but since I'm running more miles now, I bought a second pair to rotate between.

My first pair was the Nike Reax that I totally love them. They're comfy on my feet and on my knees and hips.

The second pair are Asics Gel Equations. The jury is still out on these. I love the look of but not really the feel. Every time I wear them I get a blister in a different place, and I also feel a little sore in the knees a few hours later.

Next time I need new shoes, I think I'll actually go get fitted for running shoes.

posted over 9 years ago

• in reply to what Karen B. said:Since I'm new to running, I didn't invest a lot of money in my first pair of shoes, but since I'm running more miles now, I bought a second pair to rotate between. My first pair was the Nike Reax that I totally love them. They&#... read more

Best thing you'll ever do is go to a real running shoe store and get some kicks with the advice of someone that works there.

I love my Adrenaline's, was definitely eying up some all purple Nike's til I was told that arch support is more important than fashion...... (oh).

posted over 9 years ago

• I go between Brooks, Mizunos (sp?) and Asics. I have flat feet and pronate a lot, and my feet are also very narrow so i have to find just the right shoe. I just actually bought a new pair and almost went for the Brooks but the particular pair of Mizunos I tried on were just felt like they fit better and had a lot more padding, helps my incredibly bad knees and hips!

posted over 9 years ago

• I just bought a pair of Nike Air Zoom Structure Triax+ II today. (I didn't name it! :-)) I can't wait to run in them. They felt great on the treadmill in the store (New York Running Company at Columbus Circle)

I was in Mizunos before. They were good at first, but then felt stiff.

I liked my Asics GT 2100's, but the 2130s heel was too deep for me. I also loved my New Balance 854s, but alas, they're long gone.

posted over 9 years ago

• Man! I hate it when they discontinue shoes. I run in Brooks Addiction and for trail running I run in the Brooks Adrenlin trail shoe. I don't think either is super cushy, but I have been fairly injury free so they are doing their jobs well. I went shoe shopping with a non-running friend of my mine and she spent the whole time saying "oh these are cute. do you like the pink ones?" She meant well - if only it were that easy and fun to find the right shoe.

posted over 9 years ago

• I'm in some Nikes. Equalon or something. I was surprised that Nike made good running shoes, but I got them at a store where they videotaped my gait on a treadmill to determine the right fit.

posted over 9 years ago

• The only shoes that I've found to really fit my feet are Adidas shoes. Unfortunately, they're getting harder and harder to find in stores.

posted over 9 years ago

• Asics. Always Asics. Nike's are too narrow for my foot. Mizuno works well, but can be harder to find. But Asics, with a nice SuperFeet insole, are my best running friends! In the last two weeks, I've gotten TWO new pairs -- some trail shoes in Paprika and some hot orange ones with the coolest design. I'm gonna post pictures on my profile -- that's how much I like 'em!

posted over 9 years ago

• I ran in some New Balance shoes for a while. I got them after doing the videotaping thing that Courtney mentioned. Good for overpronation, but I got constant blisters, which for some reason I thought was normal. (I spent a lot of money on Band-Aid Tough Strips for a while!) I put the Brooks on in the store a few weeks ago and they felt great - like they couldn't wait to get out and chew up the pavement! I think they're a bit lighter than the NB's I was wearing, and they don't give me blisters.

posted over 9 years ago

• I'm on my 16th pair of Saucony Hurricanes (with a 17th pair still in the box waiting to be used). I've tried out other shoes, but these work best for me. I am so flat footed that the usual overpronators shoes dig into my foot too much. The Hurricanes prevent my shin splints without hurting my arches.

posted over 9 years ago

• I have the Brooks Glycerin 5. Love them! Need new sneaks. I'll try the Addiction and Adrenaline.

posted over 9 years ago

• I too am a Brooks man (Glycerin). I had the 5's and recently went to buy a new pair, but they've since moved on to the 6's. I like the 5's better, but I'm getting used to them now.

posted over 9 years ago

• in reply to what Ben M. said:I too am a Brooks man (Glycerin). I had the 5's and recently went to buy a new pair, but they've since moved on to the 6's. I like the 5's better, but I'm getting used to them now.

Hey Ben, sorry you got stuck with the 6's. They still sell the 5's online at endless.com in case you want to stock up.

posted over 9 years ago

• I've become a big fan of the Adidas Adizero line, and I do most of my miles in the LT and RC. If I'm on really rugged trails, the New Balance 790s provide a bit more protection.

posted over 9 years ago

• nike free 5.0
    they are perfect for how i run. except i hate when rocks get stuck in the cracks.
    i can only wear nike shoes. all other brands that i have tried make my running feel like i'm bouncing or running in a weird position.

posted over 9 years ago

• Mizuno Wave Rider 11s for my short runs.
    Saucony ProGrid Ride for long runs and race days.

I like shoes that make me feel like I'm not wearing one.

posted about 9 years ago

• Yeah Brooks Adrenaline!!! I love the wide toe box and my feet just always feel great even after long runs.

posted almost 9 years ago

• I use to be a huge fan of Asics GEL-Stratus but I switched over to Nike Pegasus.

• mizuno wave rider 11's.

• Asics. Always Asics. That just have way to many miles on them and should switch but am waiting for better weather or untill I feel the knee's and ankle's start to complain.

• Asics gel nimbus 10's in the summer, and some NB 768's in the winter. Goofy I know, but I am one of the few runners who could probably wear just about any decent shoe as long as the size is correct. I like the NB tread pattern. I feel pretty solid and steady on the snow (not so much ice!)

• Brooks Adrenaline. Great shoes. Time for a new pair, actually...

• Saucony Progrid Omni Ultimate with some SuperFeet insoles. Can be kind of heavy sometimes but my feet are as flat as pancakes and I am an overpronator so I need all the support I can get. I've been running in the Saucony Grid Omni series for a few years now and just keep getting the updated models.

• Mizuno Wave Rider 12 for training runs, Mizuno Wave Ascend 4 for trails, and Mizuno Elixir 4 for races/training. Love Mizuno's.

• I'm in some Adidas Running Allegra 2's at the moment. My next shoe selection will be a little more than going into the store and trying on a few ones that I thought looked cool, then choosing the best fitting one. I actually like the ones I have, I'm just sure there are better choices in shoes.

posted almost 9 years ago | edited almost 9 years ago

• Brooks Defyance, lime green. I feel fortunate that after an extensive fitting at a local running shop these shoes (relatively cheap) were the right ones. I have been eying some Newtons, however... :)

• New Balance 991's are my favorite! super comfy and durable. But I'm a big fan of using different shoes on alternating days.

• I pretty much have mutant feet, so I have limited options. I wear the Asics Gel-Evolution. Even before I started wearing the proper shoes for my feet, though, I had developed a preference for Asics over Brooks. Brooks were great shoes.. there wasn't anything wrong with them... it was just a personal preference.

• I love me some ASICS. loyally and always. :)

• in reply to what Leslie G. said:Asics. Always Asics. Nike's are too narrow for my foot. Mizuno works well, but can be harder to find. But Asics, with a nice SuperFeet insole, are my best running friends! In the last two weeks, I've gotten TWO new pairs -- some tra... read more

I'm a 100% asics girl!

Right now I'm running in the Speedstar 3s and I love them.

• in reply to what Liz G. said:Best thing you'll ever do is go to a real running shoe store and get some kicks with the advice of someone that works there. I love my Adrenaline's, was definitely eying up some all purple Nike's til I was told that arch support i... read more

Yes. Get a proper fit. It is fun to go into some Fleet Feet stores and see a big sign saying you can't buy your shoes bases on color, in all different colored letters.

That said there is nothing wrong with sharing what you wear.
    Since I switch a lot here is my last two years starting with my current shoe:

Fila FLOW TESTAMENT II- awesome
    Peral Izumi Float- above average
    Puma Eutopia- too neutral
    Pearl Izumi Shine- poor heel cup design
    Avia Trainer- awesome
    Etonic Praya- above average
    Nike Pegasus- blah too soft
    Asics Nimbus- blah break down too easy for $120 and too neutral
    Asics 2120- not bad

Next up is an Adidas Adi Star Cush

No shoe loyalty here.

• I run in New Balance 790s, and Salomon XA Pro 3D.

• I wear Adrenaline ASR in the winter and rotate between Brooks Infiniti, Asics Nimbus, Nike Vomero and Mizuno Creation the rest of the time.

• Nike Zoom Vomero for the road (and re: all you Nike haters out there, I'm totally with you, but the 2008 model is actually a fantastic shoe)
    Brooks Cascadia 3 for the trail

• I'm addicted to Asics. They always seem to work really well with my feet. For my last marathon, I tried the DS Trainers, a really lightweight trainer. I like the lightness, but I went through them so fast, about 2 months. I developed plantar fascitis the week before my marathon, so although I say I like the shoes, my body says otherwise. I probably overpronate a little too much for such a lightweight shoe.

I always recommend for people to try lots of shoes...everybody is different and I don't particularly like Brooks, but I'm not anti. Try things out to see what works.

• I really like the Brooks Glycerin 6 that I'm running in now. I've got about 200 miles on them, and they still feel fresh. Prior to that I ran in the Mizuno Wave Rider 11 when I needed a little support while beginning running. After, I ran in the Mizuno Wave Inspire 4 once my mechanics improved and I have a neutral gait now, but they don't feel very responsive. I think I'll stick with Brooks from here on out...

• Asics...GT 2130 in Narrow width - time for a new pair though...My first pair were regular width and even though I was fitted at a good sports shoe store and spent about an hour trying on several brands, when I went for a new pair last spring and went to a running only store the clerk knew I needed a narrow before coming out from behind the counter - just on how I had them laced. I can't say enough the importance of having someone who knows their stuff, helping you with finding the right shoes.

• Like Ruth K., I wear the Nike Air Zoom Structure Triax II. I have flatter-than-flat feet and this shoe has good structure (as the name implies). I still had to build up the arch with thick mole skin, but this shoe has been good to me this winter.

• Newtons.Newtons.Newtons. I have stopped blistering, even doing an IM in a brand new pair (insane, I know). Never lose toenails anymore. Never have knee pain anymore. They have made me stop heel striking.

Yeah, the colors stink. Haven't gotten as many miles out of them as I have other types of shoes (Nike Pegasus, Air Max Triax, etc.). But these really are great shoes, I don't care what Runner's World says.

• in reply to what Tim P. said:Brooks Defyance, lime green. I feel fortunate that after an extensive fitting at a local running shop these shoes (relatively cheap) were the right ones. I have been eying some Newtons, however... :)

Do it. I swear, you will never look back!

• Saucony Pro Grid Omni 7. Overall i'm very happy with them. There is one minor thing, but I think it's just a flaw in the shoe. I tried on Mizuno and like them too. I'd like to try on a pair of Asics on my next shoe buying adventure :-)

• I wear Brooks Trance 8 and really like them.

• in reply to what Jay P. said:I really like the Brooks Glycerin 6 that I'm running in now. I've got about 200 miles on them, and they still feel fresh. Prior to that I ran in the Mizuno Wave Rider 11 when I needed a little support while beginning running. After, I ... read more

I'm surprised you used the Wave Rider when you needed support considering that's a neutral/cushion shoe and moved to the Inspire 4 when the mechanics improved because the Inspire is classified as a stability shoe which is probably why it doesn't feel as responsive as the Wave Rider or the Glycerin. Try the Wave Rider 12. It really is a great shoe and from all accounts I've heard is a great update to the 11.

• on my 15th pair of Mizuno Wave Elixirs... been wearing them since they first came out in jan '06... i'll never wear anything else for roads as long as I can get my hands on these. Currently running in the 3rd edition.

• in reply to what Jennifer B. said:Newtons.Newtons.Newtons. I have stopped blistering, even doing an IM in a brand new pair (insane, I know). Never lose toenails anymore. Never have knee pain anymore. They have made me stop heel striking. Yeah, the colors stink. Haven't... read more

2 things:

1. The colors ROCK.

2. Runners World just doesn't like them because they spend more ad dollars in Triathlete Magazine.

• I just picked up my third pair of ASICS Gel-Nimbus 10's on Monday. They are comfortable and light. I also have a pair of SuperFeet insoles in them. I used run with New Balance. They were comfortable, but really heavy. My favorite shoes were a pair of unknown Nikes. Purple and red flames I picked up for $19 at the Nike outlet. Ran my first half-marathon in them. I still have them even though they are worn out. Don't have the heart to throw them out.

• Mizuno Inspires for long runs and marathon racing and Saucony Tangent for track w/o's and races shorter than a marathon. I ran in some Nike Zoom Elites and actually liked them but they are too narrow and flared up my neuroma which lead to Planters. Now with OTC insoles and the Mizunos, I'm good to go.

• Adidas. Because if it's good enough for Run DMC, it's good enough for Apollo Lee.

• nike free everyday, adidas adizero cs

• NB 1220

• Nike Free 3.0. I agree with Ross A., getting rocks stuck in them is a common occurrence and quite annoying, but, they are awESOme!

If anyone from Nike is listening, please don't ever stop making them.

• I generally go between Asics GT2110's, GT2120's & GT2130's trail shoes which are excellent with stabilizing my slight over-pronation. I go through alot (8 this past year) so I usually see whose selling what for model the least amount and buy according to that.

• in reply to what Apollo L. said:Adidas. Because if it's good enough for Run DMC, it's good enough for Apollo Lee.

That is completely awesome.

• in reply to what Apollo L. said:Adidas. Because if it's good enough for Run DMC, it's good enough for Apollo Lee.

Nice!

• mizuno wave alchemy - although i liked them better before last year's redesign.

brooks adrenaline asr for trails.

saucony fastwitch endurance for shorter races.

• Used to be a Brooks Radius fan for day-to-day training, but now wear Adidas Supernova Cushion - actually the latest version is called Adidas Supernova Glide.

For races up to 10k in distance I wear Brooks T5, anything longer and I'm in the Brooks ST3. I love he ST3!!

Would like to try the Newtons at some stage, but not ready to shell out the $$$ at the moment.

• I've been using New Balance 858s and the new 859s since they came out recently. They feel great on the road although they can feel a bit heavy at times on varying terrain. They're great for heavier runners (I'm 5'11" 195, flat feet, underpronator) and give a good amount of cushioning. I've been a NB guy for about 3 years now but I'm curious to see how Pearl Izumi's foray into running footwear would work for me. I might give the PIs a trial run once my NBs hit their mileage.

• I love my Saucony's.

• I was expecting to see lots of Asics love. I'd love to buy a pair of 2140 but they feel like there is a lump in the arch. Bummer, I hear they are great shoes.

I switched from Mizuno wave alchemy to Brooks (axiom 2, 2 pairs, infinity, and now axiom 3). They fit great, my Achilles soreness has almost completely faded, and I never get blisters. I've seen bad comments about brooks on other boards -- seems like dailymiler's like them as much or more than I do.

• i'm wearing asics 2140 now. i like them

• in reply to what Mike L. said:I've been using New Balance 858s and the new 859s since they came out recently. They feel great on the road although they can feel a bit heavy at times on varying terrain. They're great for heavier runners (I'm 5'11" 195, ... read more

Living in Colorado and knowing shoes pretty well i would say that you might not want to switch to Pearl. Their comparable shoe is a bit of a tank that has a good first fit and feel but lacks in the performance category.(Synchro Guide) Also, the new version of your shoe (the 850 out in May) is going to be lighter (1.5 ounces) due to a new posting system called Stabilicore. However, go try em both on and let your feet make the call.

• in reply to what Ratha G. said:Vibram FiveFingers KSO. http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_KSO.cfm

With all due respect... are you kidding me? How long have you been running in these? What types of distance and terrain?

• Brooks! Glycerin as a trainer, T5's as a racer. Looking forward to trying out the new Bio Mojo material in a new pair.

Wife trains in Asics Nimbus but races in Brooks :0)

• Asic Nimbus... Silver and gold baby!

• I started with Asics, but have since moved to Brooks. Just bought my third pair of Brooks. I went from the Adrenaline GTS 7 to the GTS 8. They just came out with the GTS 9, so I was able to find a pair of GTS 8 for cheap.

If you are new to running or have never been to a real running store, stop what you're doing and go right now. I use Rhode Runner in Providence, RI. They are great and very knowledgable about fitting you properly.

Once you know how you run and what type of sneaks you need, then look online or in one of the chain stores for sales (I found my Adrenalines on sale at Finishline). They have more room for inventory than your local running shop, so they don't turn product over as quickly and will likely have the older model shoes at a great price.

• I am still trying to find "my shoe". I just bought a pair of Nike Equalons and like them. Before that I had some New Balances that I didn't like at all. I have also been through 2 pairs of Nike AirMax180's which I liked a lot.

For all those people who love Brooks - I want to try them out. Which pair is the best for you and why? good support? lightweight? Able to take 10-15 miles beatings and leave your foot feeling fine and dandy? Any advice would be great.

• Mizuno Wave Rider series for me. I have used other brands, but the rider is the one.

• Asics Gel Platinums, I just recently got into running and these seem fine so far(about 30 total miles on them)

• Brooks Beast 10 (prior - Brooks Addiction - not enough support after injury and Nike Air Supports - got tired of Nike's incessant obsoleting of good models!).

• I dislike all running shoes! Why? See the links along the right side of my blog for more insight to the myths and injuries running shoes breed and what to do about them.
    www.erskien.blogspot.com

PS I run up to 52 miles in a day and up to 125 miles per week. (Minus Shoes and my feet, legs and knees are perfectly healthy!)

• in reply to what Adam M. said:I am still trying to find "my shoe". I just bought a pair of Nike Equalons and like them. Before that I had some New Balances that I didn't like at all. I have also been through 2 pairs of Nike AirMax180's which I liked a lot. ... read more

depends on your foot. the brooks website has a shoe finder program to help but a good running store will help you choose the right shoe for your foot type.

• in reply to what Erskien L. said:I dislike all running shoes! Why? See the links along the right side of my blog for more insight to the myths and injuries running shoes breed and what to do about them. www.erskien.blogspot.com PS I run up to 52 miles in a day and up to 125 ... read more

i like running on the beach barefoot. need to work up slowly though to try other surfaces.

• Mizuno Waverider 11's. I have no idea what my feet do when I run but I'm on my second pair of these and they seem to feel good. Once the spring rolls around and it's time for my next pair I'll go to a local Fleet Feet and get fitted properly.

• Saucony ProGrid Guides :D
    These shoes definitely beat my old pair of Mizuno WaveRider 11's in terms of comfort.
    Ohandbytheway, that WaveRider11 loved having chunky rocks stuck in the heel. >:(

• I've been running in the wide NB 903's lately. I've been suffering with some severe forefoot problems including morton's neuroma and have found that I have to have wide shoes with a roomy toe box. I like the 903 because it is fairly lightweight and is somewhat low profile. I will probably be using this shoe for a long while!

• Asics Kayano's, last years version. Great stability shoe and very comfortable.

• I'm currently alternating Nike Air Zoom Structure Triax+ II for shorter/faster days with some Saucony Hurricane 10s for longer runs. So far, so good!

I just discovered that the running store that fitted me last year, after I told them that I'm an overpronater and after they watched me run, put me in a neutral shoe. Three times in a row. And I got tendinitis, big surprise, and had to drop out of the Banco Populair Chicago Half. Won't be going back there! :-P

• A terrible beat up pair of shoes. I really need to remind myself to get a new pair before I start walking again.

• The only shoes I use (haven't been running that long) are Adidas Adizero. I love them. My feet never get too sore. The only annoying thing is the right shoe squeaks... loudly!

• I am on my second pair of Pearl Izumi syncroPace II. They were recommended to me by a physical therapist and I have had no problems with either pair, from mile 1 to mile 350. I used to be Nike fan, but I will defiantly stick with Pearls now.

• For trail running I bought New Balance 840. Used only on treadmill to break-in. Little narrow but OK so far. Especially for the price. One of the colors (blue/orange) is on discount at Amazon. I got mine for $41 but now it's $32.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-Mens-MT840-Training/dp/B00132XGNM/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3

Nice surprise is the mesh provides air circulation to keep the toes dry

• I love my asics thought about getting it tatooed on me the 2130's are wonderful waiting for the 2140's I have ordered tried them on and it was like foot heaven

• Add me to the Brooks crew... just completely wore out my third pair of Cascadia's. I'm currently in the Vasque Velocity, which fit really well but are a bit heavy. Would love to get back to something a bit more flexible and light like the Brooks... must look into it.

• Saucony ProGrid Triumphs. Super light. Super breezy mesh, which is great because I get hot feet. Have had no foot or knee problems since I started with them. Got them after some gait analysis at the shoe store, where you run on a treadmill and they check for pronation.

Was running in Nike Free's for way to long and ended up with sore arches, sore knees and the start of bunions. Never again.

• Street: Saucony Trigon RIDE
    Desert Rock Trail: Montrail Hardrocks
    Single Track Trail: Montrail Continental Divide

Why? It all depends on your foot and running stride.
    For me, Saucony has the best toe box the the Trigon line is lighter than the Hurricanes. All Asics and Nike fail, for me. Solomon's early models were too thin. Hardrocks are a great shoe for hard terrain. The Continental has a greater running shoe feel but more flexibility when you are not on consistently hard/rocky surfaces.

Experiment. The only fundamental is that you generally get what you pay for up to a certain point. Don't go only by brand name. Instead look for construction fundamentals and a design that fits your foot (toe box, heal protection, flex, etc.).

• Asics Nimbus 10, they're great. I've never had a more comfortable shoe. I tend to use Asics shoes for all sports now and will continue to until they let me down, which hasn't happened yet!

posted over 8 years ago

• I just bought a pair of Addictions, and so far I really like them.

posted over 8 years ago

• Asics for me. I have some Asics SD Turbo for most of my runs, but I use the Asics DS Trainers for my long runs and races. I love the light weight trainers.

I've tried Nike, Mizuno, Adidas, Brooks & New Balance before, but I still like Asics the best.
    God Bless. +

posted over 8 years ago

• Asics all the way. I've been running in them for years and I can't say enough good about them. I'm in the GT-2140 currently (just got them last week) and before that I believe it was the same (GT something, the number is no longer readable on the side of the old ones). I train and race in these.

posted over 8 years ago

• Ive been running in my Brooks Beast for 6 years now. Lately I have switched out of it because it is such a bulky shoe designed for larger folk and Im kinda scrawny. So now Im running in the New Balance 769 with a pair of green Superfeet in them. And for my trail running I use the Brooks Cascadia.

posted over 8 years ago

• I switch off between several shoes.I am currently running in Brooks Glycerines(It's a good shoe) and I also use Mizuno Wave Creation(My favorite) and Asics Kayanos.

posted over 8 years ago

• Saucony ProGrid Triumphs here! Perfect fit!

posted over 8 years ago

• +1 for the Brooks. I agree with wanting LOUD shoes, but the Brooks don't cut it. They did sell me with their marketing cartoon "What is Life", though. I'll sing it in my head during tough spots on long runs occasionally.

posted over 8 years ago

• FINALLY found "my shoe". After a lot of trial and error, finally found Nike Equalon. Love the air pouches!

posted over 8 years ago

• Yes, Nike does make good running shoes and has for years. I remember admiring the Daybreak model in the late 70's (seee http://www.nikevintage.com) and later he original Pegasus. I wear the Equalons, too. http://www.roadrunnersports.com/ had them on sale.

posted over 8 years ago

• Brooks Adrenline! I love them. I over pronate so they have saved my feet!

posted over 8 years ago

• I'm not exactly brand loyal, but I do like running in Asics. I have a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus 9 for my long runs and Asics Gel Nimbus 8 for tempo and interval training. I also have a pair of Mizuno Wave Riders at work for lunch/afternoon runs.

posted over 8 years ago

• I got a new pair of Brooks Adrenalines over the weekend, but haven't worn them yet because it's been raining for several days. This latest pair makes the 4th or 5th pair of Adrenalines I've had.

posted over 8 years ago

• I used to roll with nothing but Asics. Nike are too thin for my wide foot and are excruciatingly painful for me to wear, unless its a racing spike, then they are silky smooth goodness! After I messed up my back doing sit-ups I started to require orthodox in my Asics so I decided to make a change after several years. I found that Adidas fit perfectly, no need for any kind of inserts and my back feels fine. I have no idea what my current shoe is but its nearly replacement time, now I know what my shoe is though, Adidas just feel like an extension of my foot.

posted over 8 years ago | edited over 8 years ago

• Just got a pair of Brooks Cascadia's for the trails. Haven't tried them out yet but they feel great around the house.

posted over 8 years ago

• By far the best running shoes (and I have tried a lot) New Balances 903 - They are a cushioned sock with all the support I need for my insanely wierd feet. I will not run in anything else.

posted over 8 years ago

• I've used New Balance, Asics, Nike, Adidas and whatnot.

For me Asics Gel Kayano do the trick. Best shoes I have had.

posted over 8 years ago

• I'm a Nike Fan. My latest is the Nike Moto v6, which have been fine for me so far. I do think I like the Moto v5's better.

posted over 8 years ago

• I was running in Nike Max Air Torches and loved them for the most part. But after about 500 miles, I decided to get professionally fitted for shoes, and was told I should go to a stability shoe to help my overpronation. They first put me in a pair of Mizuno Nirvana Wave 5, but those didn't seem to agree with my feet. After a few weeks, I exchanged those for a pair of Asics GT-2140s and those have been working well so far. I have less soreness in my quads now, as these have helped correct the overpronation. As long as things remain status quo, I'll probably stay in a similar shoe as I would rather not rock the boat...

• Not sorry to bust everyones bubble but obsessive shoe wearing atrophys the feet.

Every problem posted here from over pronation, supination, blisters, fractures, heal spurs, dropped arches or what have you are all the result of over reliance on shoes.

I can say this because I once did! I thought "The next super dooper space age insight ultra light but padded and shaped to the bottom of my foot shoe" would end my chronic pattern of injuries and allow me to run like an Ethopian 50-100 miles in a day!

NOT! I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars chasing the hype ever single shoe company proclaimed. I painfully dragged myself home and up the 2 flights of stairs to my bedroom after every run wondering what the hell was wrong and maybe I was just not cut out for running!

Never mind that I came from World Class Bicycle Road Racing and had logged over 750,000 miles of racing and training in that season of my life!

Well truth to tell I discovered online that many who had struggled with the same patterns of pain and injury I had were now doing injury free runs of well beyond marathon distances injury free without any shoes at all! How could that be? Wait the shoe industry and the legions of you runners who bought into their story claimed I needed shoes and shorts and I was in business! WRONG!

I tossed the shoes and am now 2 yrs and 11,000 miles later running single day runs of up to 52 miles on pavement injury and pain free! And I've saved thousands of dollars in shoes and socks. Never mind saved my knees and feet from unneeded and unnecessary surgeries MD's were recommending!

Question your need for shoes! They are just fancy "Foot Condoms" at best and "Foot Cast" at worst. And we all know what happens to a limb in CAST for weeks on end! Multiply that times decades!

Learn more at http://www.erskien.blogspot.com

posted over 8 years ago

• Only New Balance for me. I have narrow feet and New Balance is just about the only company that makes a narrow width running shoe.

posted over 8 years ago

• Matching blisters on the ball of each foot on the inside. Well, one has callused over at this point.

posted over 8 years ago

• Nike Pegasus - they work for me, right width, cushioning for my weight. I'm on pair 6 in what? 2 years now? I once was convinced to switch to the Saucony Progrid rides and had a peroneal tendinitis flare-up something *awful* 5 days before a 1/2 (too narrow). Now I buy my Pegasii in bulk.

As for the idea of running without shoes - the fact that I spend the majority of my life in shoes (Albeit Keen, Clarks, Dansko and the like) I'm fairly certain (as is my podiatrist) that shedding them to run would do me more harm than good at this point - not to mention I run city streets...city streets with many a broken bottle on them.

posted over 8 years ago

• Asics, I love my Asics Gel Kayanos. However, I also like Mizunos.

posted over 8 years ago

• NB for training (Stability). AdiZero for racing (Lightweight) - LT+ for easy transition.

posted over 8 years ago

• Asics Nimbus 10 for long runs. Mizuno Wave Rider 11 for races and short runs.

posted over 8 years ago

• I'm in Saucony Hurricanes....... they're new to me, and not too bad so far. I over pronate a little, so they were recommended to me by the staff at the running store.
    Doesn't look like a lot of people are sporting these shoes on here......

posted over 8 years ago

• Asics Gel Nimbus 10 and I LOVE them. Best shoes I've tried so far. Paid $117 at the running store (plus 10% Central Mass Striders discount), but now that I now the size and fit for these I'll get replacements online for $88.

posted over 8 years ago

• I have the Asics Gel 1140 model. These shoes have an absorbant sole and breathe decently. I find them much more comfortable than my past shoes.

posted over 8 years ago

• I used to wear almost exclusively Saucony, especially for 5k's. I bought a really sweet pair at the L.A. Marathon, feather light, red, with black sparkly laces! They are super light, super fast shoes.

That being said, I'm a distance runner so I wear thicker stability shoes around all the time. I've tried mizuno and felt comfortable in those, and am currently working through some Asics, which are surprisingly good.

I've also tried Espire (the ones with the springs in them) but they weren't an ideal fit. Perhaps I needed a different style, but they were pretty good for general wear.

When I'm not running, I have a pair of MBTs I slog around with, but they are kind of like curved bricks, heavy and awkward. They are entertaining like roller shoes, but not the most practical, and with my feet, the bulk part seems to be a bit off kilter for my balance.

Some older shoes have fit so good or worn in so well, that I can't bear to part with them. My feet feel so good after a run and relaxed all other times, so they get recycled in the washing maching with some baking soda, and I even endure the klunk-klunk through the dryer to get my old shoes looking human again for little while longer - it also freshens and fluffs them up a little too.

So although I've tried a few experiments, I think the Asics are good and will never say a bad word about Saucony. Try shoes that fit right for you and adapt to new shoes without too much hesitation. The important thing is to get them out for a good long run right away and find where the imperfections of the shoe mismatch the imperfections of your feet! If they are ok, or can be work in for a good pair, go with it!!

posted over 8 years ago

• I'm in Brooks Axiom 2s right now...it looks like the Axiom 3 has now replaced it.

I've also heard that the Axiom line is being discontinued. Can anyone confirm that?

posted over 8 years ago

• Gave up heel-strike this spring and, consequently, over-engineered, cushy shoes (plus orthotics.), so I had to find something new and different. Well-intentioned sales folks at (4) different running stores were no help.

Ended up with Adidas adiZero Pro. Used for almost everything (distance, races, track workouts). 175 miles on them so far. The muscles in my feet are stronger. No more knee pain. No more feeling the need for arch support.

As great as it is, I'm thinking this is about as close to barefoot as I'll probably get though ... but I am now shoeless around the house.

Also trying out the Mizuno Wave Universe 3 ... but worried the toxbox is a bit big (bummer, 'cause they're even less shoe than the adiZero Pros and feel like half the weight)

Would like to try the Newtons, but the tech stuff seems antithetical to the concept of less-is-more. Hmmm.

Oh, and Saucony Kilkenny XC3 flat for trails

• Asics GT-2140's

I love them. I had to get used to the inner arch support, but now they are good! Can be a little weird with my feet sometimes being lose in them at first, but once I start running I'm good!

posted over 8 years ago

• Vibram Fivefingers KSO

posted over 8 years ago

• I run in my birthday shoes, bare foot for all my miles with rest in between for healing, I just started running again after reading born to run, I am convinced I will never put on another pair of running shoes. I am looking around for something more affordable then Vibram five fingers for some pad protection for longer runs.

posted over 8 years ago

• Yes, Axiom line is being discontinued. Brooks Ravenna is the replacement:
    http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-BMRAVR.html

posted over 8 years ago

• in reply to what Kamurai said:Gave up heel-strike this spring and, consequently, over-engineered, cushy shoes (plus orthotics.), so I had to find something new and different. Well-intentioned sales folks at (4) different running stores were no help. Ended up with Adidas ad... read more

Meant for Adam L. - Yes, Axiom line is being discontinued. Brooks Ravenna is the replacement:
    http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-BMRAVR.html

• I have a pair of Nike Turbulence+ 14, absolutely love them. I don't use the Nike+ option in the shoe because my iphone isn't compatible with it but the shoes are still great!

posted over 8 years ago

• Asic Gel Kayano 15. I've been wearing Kayanos for 4 years. I did try the Nike Vomero's, they were great for the first month, but they lost all cushioning and did not offer any stability like my good ole kayanos. :)

posted over 8 years ago

• i work at a speciality running store in cambridge ma so i have a nice varity of running shoes to pick from. at this point i am running in a pair of saucony omni's. they have nice cushioning and support for an over pronator like me.

posted over 8 years ago

• hi trishia. i have run in both shoes and can tell you they are both great shoes for different reasons. the volmero might be the most cushioned shoe out there but they do break down sooner than most shoes. the kayano is a nice shoe for overpronators with plenty of cushioning. the kayono 15 has a new lacing system that gives some more room in the area most people get bunions. have a great day.

posted over 8 years ago

• in reply to what Henry said:I have a pair of Nike Turbulence+ 14, absolutely love them. I don't use the Nike+ option in the shoe because my iphone isn't compatible with it but the shoes are still great!

harry have you seen the nike sportband? they are for people who like using the nike+ but do not use an ipod nano. the first issue of the bands didn't work well but the new issue work great.

posted over 8 years ago

• in reply to what Ron L. said:Only New Balance for me. I have narrow feet and New Balance is just about the only company that makes a narrow width running shoe.

hi ron. new balance headquarters are less than ten miles from my home and their factory store is even closer that sell their shoes at less than retail price. in my opinion nb is to far behind in their technology for their cushioning. asics and brooks also make narrow sizes in running shoes. give them a shot you might find a nice shoe. if your local running store doesn't have them ask them to order them for you. i have a narrow foot and have found the following shoes work for me:

saucony omni's
    brooks glycerin
    asics kayano and kinsea
    adidas salvations and sequence.

posted over 8 years ago

• Nike + to go with my ipod..but i'm going to upgrade to the Asics nimbus..

posted about 8 years ago

• I am running in the Brooks Launch. Love them!

posted about 8 years ago

• I run in the Brooks Trance and ST3s!

posted about 8 years ago

• Nike Pegasus! I used to be an Asics fan, but when my runs started going over 5 miles at a time, I started getting hot spots right below the arches. I went to the running store, and the owner asked what shoes I last ran long in that worked. I told him it was some Nike shoe I picked up in MCSports for $45. He said he wouldn't change what worked before, and the now I've run 13 miles in the Pegasus with no hot spots, blisters or damage! I bought three pair recently (of course, next time I go to order them, they'll be unavailable) to just have them on hand.

posted about 8 years ago

• well it great to read the articles like this.
    Adam
    [url=http://www.trainwithmeonline.com]Weight Training[/url]

posted about 8 years ago | edited about 8 years ago

• I love the Brooks Infiniti - a fantastic shoe, in fact I've just bought a new pair. They seem to propel you forward which is very useful! Worth the extra pennies in my opinion...

posted about 8 years ago

• I swear by the Asics Kayanos- I started out wit the 14s last year and this year I'm already on my second pair of 15s. They're fabulous- they're a hardcore stability shoe if that is what you guys are looking for!

posted about 8 years ago

• I have Brooks. I really like them and will probably go with them again when its time for a new pair

posted about 8 years ago

• i run in nike structures for everyday...i tried new balance but those gave me blisters, and the asics gel kayanos didn't work although the were comfy...structures have been great for me, on my 2nd pair...but my favorite shoes have been the nike streak xc racing flats, absolutely amazing as long as i never run more distance than a 5k-10k in them

posted about 8 years ago

• Asics GEL-Nimbus. Great neutral shoe for "larger" runners...

posted about 8 years ago

• Saucony Progrid Ride
    Me loves 'em.

I also like Asics Cumulus a lot too in the past, but I'm not running with them right now.

posted about 8 years ago

• I'm loving my Saucony Fastwitch 3s. I'm on my second pair. So light... just a smidge over 7 ounces. Feels like running on air. The only thing that I need from my shoe is that it is light.

posted almost 8 years ago

• I'm running in Vibram Fivefinger Flows and KSOs. They have some "break in" time to get used to, but once you do, say goodbye to blisters and discomfort. I swear I cannot go back to "normal" shoes now. When people see me in them they get ever so curious as to what they're like to wear. I bet these shoes will catch on with more people soon enough :). I was excited to see 2 or 3 other posts in this thread with KSO runners.

• LOVE my New Balance 1011s!! First pair of shoes where I actually went out and got a 2nd pair waaay before the first one started to wear out.

• Also over pronate. Love my Brooks Ariels, but a pair of Saucony was recently recommended to me at my LRS. Haven't had the opportunity to try them out yet though.

• Nike Air Pegasus+ Wide! I don't know how anyone runs without Nike+. :P

• Hmm, looks like I'm the only one here with Adidas. I'm running in Adidas Glide because it felt great and happened to fit my foot the best.

• ASICS 2140. I've gone through 2110, 2120, 2130, and have finally moved up to the 2140. I tried on the 2150 but didn't like them as much.

• mostly Saucony ProGrid Omni 7's, but sometimes Vibram Five Finger KSOs.

And perhaps I should add: RockTape.

posted almost 8 years ago | edited almost 8 years ago

• Vibram FiveFingers KSO

• New Balance 1011 but I have a pair of Nike+ Air Pegasus coming.

• Ive been running in Adidas shoes for about4-5 years but Ive got some sir isaac newtons on the way

• If you'd like to try ROCKTAPE for free, email me at scott@rocktape.com. Here's a taping method for feet (plantar fasciitis):
    http://rocktape.com/wp-content/uploads/instructions%20front.pdf

• I had been a Nike Free runner for several years. Now I run mostly in Vibram Five Fingers with an occasional Nike Free run (for old time sake). I can't run muddy trails in VFF so then I run in Innov8 trail runners.
    Minimalist shoes work for me.

• Nike LunarGlides. Love these shoes. Getting more miles out of these than I have any other shoe I've run in.

posted over 7 years ago

• Im running in the NB 880 v2's and love them! I have two sets, one to train in and one to Race in! I am however curious about the new Hoka One One Bondi B's and will probably get a pair this fall ( 10-2011) to see how they work for me. I bought the Bondi B's, but couldn't get over the "running on 2x4's" feel of them. They are now my "Marathon Recovery shoes".

posted over 7 years ago | edited about 5 years ago

• Love my Nike Frees. I used to run in serious motion control cushioning shoes for pronation and still had frequent hip and itb pain which kept me from running. Switched after a ton of research to frees a year+ ago and I run pain free (big old knock on wood here) ever since. I can walk in bare feet now too which I never could before without discomfort.

posted over 7 years ago

• Pearl Izumi SyncroGuide

posted over 7 years ago

• Brooks Adrenalines and Pearl Izumi Peak XCs. Not at the same time.

~stubert.
    http://www.runsturun.com

posted over 7 years ago

• I typically don a pair of Vibram Fivefingers, the are wonderful.

posted over 7 years ago

• Vibram Five Finger KSO Treks. Just upgraded to these after my regular KSO's developed a large hole at the top of my big toe (125ish miles on them) that i need to repair. I'm loving the Treks as they have more grip and it doesn't hurt to run on gravel anymore. Plus the kangaroo leather seems like it will be more durable but I guess time will tell on that one.

posted over 7 years ago

• I use Inov8 shoes - love the minimal feel, keeps me light on my feet!

posted over 7 years ago

• Hole + Thread and Needle = Character

posted over 7 years ago | edited over 7 years ago

• Brooks Adrenaline GTS. There is no substitue. :)

posted over 7 years ago

• I've got NB 769s. I tried on some Brooks (adrenaline, I believe) and liked how they felt on the treadmill in the store, but couldn't justify the price at the time.

posted over 7 years ago

• I wear New Balance MT100s in the dirt. My last pair of New Balance 790s finally bit the dust and to my horror, they don't exist anymore. I've only got a few runs in with the new shoes, but I see wonderful things in our future.
    On the mean streets I mostly wear Puma K-Streets, although I ran a marathon in the 790s recently. Sometimes I wear my $5 swimming shoes/water socks but only for shorties, 5k or less.

posted over 7 years ago

• I've had been running in Asics Kayano 14s for longer runs and Mizuno wave elixirs for sorter runs. Then bought a pair of Newtons. I was breaking them in and started getting shin pain so I bought a pair of Asics Kayano 16s. I also ran a few shorter runs in Kswiss Konas. Now what I am finding is I am disliking the bulk of the Kayanos and slowly really liking the light weigh of the newtons - plus my turnover is faster as well as my split times. I am thinking of getting a pair of Nike Frees to supplement with and continue to rotate, eventually getting the asics out.

posted over 7 years ago

• I have a pair of Brooks Adrenaline but I have a tendency to underpronate on one foot so I'm not sure it's the best fit. I love them, however but if I'm not running my feet have a tendency to fall asleep and cramp a bit.

posted over 7 years ago

• I am running in the nike equalons and asics kinseis. i like a running shoe that offers support in the arch area yet has cushion in the ball of the foot.

posted over 7 years ago

• Zoot Ultra Kane - I absolutely love the way these shoes feel on my feet. I also have a pair of Mizunos and Saucony's ... and I like them in that order. I used to never wear anything but Saucony's, but now my favorite shoes are Zoots!

posted over 7 years ago

• Brooks Adrenaline. I overpronate. I tried Mizunos Inspires and they just didn't hold me enough...my knees and shins were very angry. Brooks have never let me down! My hubby swears by his Asics.

posted over 7 years ago

• Nike Pegasus and new to the line up, Nike Free Run + which I am really starting to love.

posted over 7 years ago

posted over 7 years ago | edited over 7 years ago

• All about the Nike Structure Triax 13

posted over 7 years ago

• I wanted to transition to a more minimalist type shoe so I decided on the Nike Free+, and I love them! My first big event in them was the 2010 Hood to Coast relay and they proved to be a future, and now current, favorite for me.

posted over 6 years ago

• My first pair of running shoes was a cheap pair of Asics Gel's. They were great for a neutral footed shoe. I upgraded to Saucony's and they were even more comfortable. A year ago I got a pair of VibramFiveFinger KSO's and have been running in them pretty consistenly since then. Lately i've been experimenting with minimalist footwear and I'll never go back to a conventional pair of running shoes again.

posted over 6 years ago

• Adidas ClimaCool! they are only 8.9 oz and feel like your only wearing a sock, yet provide you with enough support for a real long distance run

posted over 6 years ago

• i wear the asics kayano,ever since i suffered a serious bout of shin splints years ago,it is the only thing I can wear,i have tried others and always get twinges in my shins and knees

posted over 6 years ago

• in reply to what Matthew L. said:I, too, have the Brooks Adrenaline. Since I over pronate, this was the shoe that felt the best on my feet. But, i don't care for the design. I am a fan of loud colored shoes (see track shoes) and the Brooks comes up lacking in that category.

I got a pair of Adrenalines from FinishLine that seemed to have an exclusive coloring. It was bright blue and green. Those are my two favorite colors so not only did I want the shoes for the fit but they had me written all over them already. :)

posted over 6 years ago

• Barefoot as much as possible, Nike Streak XC2, Lunasandals Equu and Crocs at home and around...

posted over 6 years ago

• I've had the Vibram Five-Finger Bikila for 3 weeks now. 6 weeks before that, it was the ASICS GEL 2160, but then I stumbled upon Vibrams while on YouTube, ran into the book "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall, and the rest is history.

I like running shoes that allow my feet to do their job and work together with my body. This would mean a show with a very low profile such as the Vibrams or other minimalist running shoes.

posted over 6 years ago | edited over 6 years ago

• Saucony Hurricanes, V.12. I used to run in Brooks, switched to Saucony, then when I tried Brooks again they seemed to lack the cushioning.

posted over 6 years ago

• I am wearing Saucony Kinvara 2's. I really enjoy running in them

posted over 6 years ago

• The best shoes we have are those we are born with. Have been using those for the past two years, completely happy with them. Over 1600 miles on them, still like new.
    (Oh..., they are free too :-)

posted about 5 years ago

• just bought a pair of nike air pegasus +29...hv covered just 13kms wearing them..absolutely love it!!

posted about 5 years ago

• Just got Brooks Ghost 5s. Love them.

posted about 5 years ago

• Brooks Pure Cadence...perfect in every way as far as I'm concerned

posted about 5 years ago

• in reply to what Kamurai said:Gave up heel-strike this spring and, consequently, over-engineered, cushy shoes (plus orthotics.), so I had to find something new and different. Well-intentioned sales folks at (4) different running stores were no help. Ended up with Adidas ad... read more

Update:

---------------------------------

Me again. Went through 6 pairs of Adidas adiZero Pros. Usually averaging around 550-600 miles of life per pair.

I'm now on my 5th pair of Nike Zoom Streak XC 3s. Same concept. Less heel-toe drop. And maybe 2 or 3 additional millimeters of cushion.

Great shoe. Not sure why they were ever called XC, perhaps because cross-country shoes usually have zero drop, or close to it.

Anyway, looks like Nike realized they had a broader audience, so the 4th generation, same shoe, different colors, is now the Nike Zoom Streak LT.

---------------------------------

3 years later and zero knee issues. A few minor issues during transition: Morton's Neuroma, Plantar F., etc. ... but in retrospect, like many things, trying to do too much too fast.

If you are considering a change in your running form, be patient and persistent and realize it could take 2 years or more accomplish successfully.

K

posted about 5 years ago

• Nothing, barefoot. But for trails I put on Vivobarefoot Breatho Trails.

posted about 5 years ago

• right now, multiple colors of nail polish (see photo).
    but i never wear anything on them, and have run that way since i started running at all about fifteen months ago.

posted about 5 years ago

• I have had the New Balance M890 and more recently purchased the second version of the same shoe. From the moment I have purchased this shoe over a year ago I have had almost no lower leg issues. Absolutely love the light weight and feel on th road.

posted about 5 years ago | edited about 5 years ago

• I run in my bare feet, a pair of Vivobarefoot Evos, a pair of Altra Eve's, a pair of Merrill Dash Gloves, 3 pairs of Saucony Kinvara 2's, a pair of New Balance Minimus Road's, and a pair of Vibram Five Fingers Bikila's. As you can see, I'm a minimalist shoe whore...

posted about 5 years ago

• my running shoes all come from this site :shoetocheap.ru
    nice shoes
    great price
    free shipping
    recommend it for all of you

posted over 3 years ago