Forums/

General Running

Anyone using New Balance Zeros?

posted almost 2 years ago | Report

So, I'm a minimalist runner and my primary shoe is the Inov-8 BareX Lite 150, but I'm tired of all the painful blisters (and resulting blood loss). A buddy of mine runs in Skora, and swears by them, but they're kinda spendy. I'm thinking about teh NB Minimus Road Zero (MR 00). I've read lots of reviews, but I'm skeptical of online shoe reviews. I trust you all more.

• Yes. I have had them for 3-4 months. I think they are really good. Even though I normally run in the Saucony Kinvara and the Nike Free 3.0 the MR00 still took some time to transition into. The first few runs in them really took a toll on my calves. I run in them once or twice per week for my shorter runs.

posted almost 2 years ago

• Thanks, Adrian. I go back and forth between my Inov-8's, which are also a true zero-drop and VFF Bikila's. I spent a year transitioning into minimalist shoes and felt it in my calves every time, like you. I prefer a zero drop that actually has a toe box which is why I love the Inov-8, but the inside stiching is BRUTAL.

posted almost 2 years ago