Forums/

General Running

New and looking for friends

posted about 2 years ago | Report

Hi all~
I am new to daily mile and am looking for friends and support. I just started running in Jan and am training to run the rock n roll 1/2 in Nov.

25 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Hi Tina, I've added you. I'm training for a HM in October. Good luck.

posted about 2 years ago | edited about 2 years ago

• Welcome Tina - I ran my first two ahlf marathons this year including the Chicago Rock 'n' Roll half last month - great race! Good luck with your training!

FR sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Tina! I am new, too. My training partner, moved away, got married and is more interested in triathlons than running, so I am reaching out for more support as I train for the Marine Corps Marathon in October. Yay to you for just starting running last January and already doing a half marathon - you are doing many things right!!!!!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what John said:Hi Tina, I've added you. I'm training for a HM in October. Good luck.

Hi John! Great goal :) How is the training going? I am up to 6 miles but am having some discomfort in my left shin :( Been icing and elevating daily but I wish it would just go away. Still able to run but am having to take it easy on the hills. :(
    Best of luck on your training!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Frank A. said:Welcome Tina - I ran my first two ahlf marathons this year including the Chicago Rock 'n' Roll half last month - great race! Good luck with your training! FR sent!

Awesome! I can't wait til Nov :-) So how was it when you crossed the finish line and knew you just made it 13.1 :-)

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Pamela S H. said:Hi Tina! I am new, too. My training partner, moved away, got married and is more interested in triathlons than running, so I am reaching out for more support as I train for the Marine Corps Marathon in October. Yay to you for just starting run... read more

Hi Pamela! I am sorry to hear that your partner moved :( Mine just moved about 30 min away. I know that isn't that far, but it does make it a challenge to run together.
    Best of luck on your upcoming Marathon, sounds exciting!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Tina,

FR sent! My first half is Sept 8. If I survive I might try to do the Virginia Beach rock n roll next year.

posted about 2 years ago

• I've heard the rock n roll is amazing, good luck!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Gregory K. said:Hi Tina, FR sent! My first half is Sept 8. If I survive I might try to do the Virginia Beach rock n roll next year.

That is in a few weeks! I am excited for you :-) I am anxious to hear how it goes for you.

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Amy M. said:I've heard the rock n roll is amazing, good luck!

Thanks! I am excited about it, but am glad that it isn't until Nov. I need the training time :-)

posted about 2 years ago

• I'm training for my first full in October. FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Adrian P. said:I'm training for my first full in October. FR sent.

That's exciting Adrian! Hope you rock it!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hey Tina - I just ran my first half marathon last November. It becomes addicting. Good luck with your training!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Vanesa said:Hey Tina - I just ran my first half marathon last November. It becomes addicting. Good luck with your training!

thanks Vanesa! I am excited :-)

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Tina. I am new to DM also. I have been running for a year now and am trianing for the Detroit half in October. I sent you a friend request.

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Scott W. said:Hi Tina. I am new to DM also. I have been running for a year now and am trianing for the Detroit half in October. I sent you a friend request.

Great goal :-) Will this be your first one?

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Tina, I added you. Good luck in your training. :)

posted about 2 years ago

• That is great that you are getting into running. Having a goal like the 1/2 in November really makes the training a little easier. It also makes the actual race a lot of fun. People on this site are very supportive. FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Tina,
    good luck with your training!

posted about 2 years ago

• can't find the friend request anywhere...rofl....i am blonde ok? :OD Send me one if you have not already! Keep up the great work! :OD

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Terri D. said:can't find the friend request anywhere...rofl....i am blonde ok? :OD Send me one if you have not already! Keep up the great work! :OD

Hi Terri! LOL you're too funny. :-) I sent the request. Thanks!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Tina, welcome & that's a great goal to do the 1/2 in Nov! FR being sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Tina! Sent a FR to you. I started running around January too but just really got serious about it a couple months ago. I was going to run a half in October but we just don't have the money for it right now and it sold out already (hershey half). Hoping to run my first half in May now. Good luck with your training!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hey, good luck with the training! Going from not running to doing a half in 11 months is a pretty good effort. Which Rock n Roll are you running? FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome and FR sent :-) Anyone feel free to add me too...always looking for extra motivation!

posted about 2 years ago