Forums/

General Running

Brooks Running Shoes

posted over 2 years ago | Report

I've been running in Brooks Adrenaline shoes for years... and I am going to try out their Pure Flow shoe. I have a normal arch and very mild supination. Mostly I've been wearing the Adrenaline because it fits wide and has always just been the most comfy shoe I've tried on.

I have some Vibram Five Fingers (Bikilas) but that's too minimalist for me to really get into. They're neat, but I want more shoe lol...

Wondering if anyone has experience with the Pure Flow and what you switched from...

Thanks!

• Ah! I am interested as well! Looking forward to the responses. I'm currently running in Brooks Ghost shoes. Thanks for asking the question, Michelle!

posted over 2 years ago

• I have the Flow. Not a big fan, but then again I do like the Bikilas. My fave shoe of all time is the Saucony Grid Flex. I bought two pairs thinking I would love them and have been trying to off load the second pair that I haven't worn yet. If you're interested - I'd be willing to trade.

http://www.dailymile.com/forums/anything-goes/topics/16412-brooks-pure-flow-for-sale-men-s-9-5-brand-new

posted over 2 years ago

• I'm in Brooks Ghosts... I'm looking forward to reading more responses.

posted over 2 years ago

• I love the Pure Flows. I wore Adrenalines for years, switched to Nike Free 2s for about a year, and came back to Brooks. I had a burning sensation on my soles for the first couple of weeks (not a great amount, though) and have put at least a couple of hundred miles on them.

posted over 2 years ago

• I have tried a multitude of shoes but found that the brooks adrenaline fit my needs best. I most recently tried the Brooks Pure Connects and really really wanted to like them but in the end they sucked. My husband however loved his so it is really person to person. I figured that since my running style and times were actually hampered by the pure's I won't be going back. I decided that if it wasn't broken to not fix it. I also tried the Nike Free's but found them way too sloppy and I thought cheaply made. Sorry I am not much help but I would say to go ahead and try them...I do run barefoot from time to time so it really wasn't calf pain but foot pain and gait changes that I didn't care for. I found a store that gives you 30 days on the shoes so I never have to worry about it. Good luck!

posted over 2 years ago

• Hey thanks for your response... yeah I read about the Pure Connect and thought that was too minimalist for me. The Flow seems to have more to it. I also considered the Cadence but decided it was pretty similar to the Flow and more money. Oh well, for $90 I'll try it. If I don't like them I'll go back to the Adrenaline.

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Michelle M. said:Hey thanks for your response... yeah I read about the Pure Connect and thought that was too minimalist for me. The Flow seems to have more to it. I also considered the Cadence but decided it was pretty similar to the Flow and more money. Oh well, ... read more

I run in both the Brooks PureFlow and PureConnect and find that the toe box is tighter for my foot than the New Balance Minimus WR10s. I switched to the Brooks after dealing with plantar fasciitis, but in doing so I am fighting blisters on my pinky toes and largest metatarsals :(

posted over 2 years ago

• I ran in the Ghost 4s exclusively, but went to the Flows because I got better at a mid-foot strike and didn't want that much shoe anymore. I now run in the Flows and Mizuno Wave Precision. The Flow seems to be a love it or hate it shoe for many...maybe because of expectations going in. If you think they are a 4mm minimal shoe that is still softer than Vibrams then you might be surprised. Yes, the drop is only 4mm but the Flows are VERY cushioned and have very little firmness, responsiveness or feel. They'll provide cushion, keep a mid-foot strike and are very light, but don't expect any minimal sensation under foot. I'm rotating mine on easy runs and they'll probably be useful for recovery runs. They won't be used for speed work, races or long runs.

posted over 2 years ago | edited over 2 years ago