Forums/

General Running

Disney World running?

posted over 2 years ago | Report

Going to Disney World in a couple weeks and am staying at the Contemporary. Would love to find some routes near the Magic Kingdom from 2-4 Miles to help maintain my 10K training somewhat during that week, in between all the walking I'll doing. :) Anyone been and run Disney previously? Thanks!

• Disney seems to really cater to runner now a days. We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside resort in April and I had plenty of new friends to jog with each morning; including an incredibly fast high school track team from New Jersey towards the end of our stay. The front desk provided information about the jogging trial at that hotel and several others at nearby reports.

I also got info from this site:

http://allears.net/btp/running.htm

For the contemporary it says: Contemporary Resort Hotel

The best choice for guests staying at the Contemporary is to head toward the Magic Kingdom. Once you reach the main entrance to the park, stay on the brick walkway, going past the boat launches to the resorts and to the left of the monorail station. The course continues for a short distance along the Seven Seas Lagoon until it ends at a small canal. This is a very flat course, about 1.5 miles long, and one that is heavily traveled between the hotel and the Magic Kingdom. It is particularly crowded during the hour leading up to park opening and on until lunchtime. It is also completely unshaded, and is best suited for early morning runs, or runs later in the evening.

So looks like an out and back would be 3 miles. Disney is very flat, but it took me a couple of days to get used to the April humidity. Have a great time!

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Gregory K. said:Disney seems to really cater to runner now a days. We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside resort in April and I had plenty of new friends to jog with each morning; including an incredibly fast high school track team from New Jersey towards the e... read more

Awesome! Just what the Mouse ordered, Gregory - thank you!

posted over 2 years ago