Forums/

General Running

Compression - Sox vs Sleeve

posted about 2 years ago | Report

My shins have been acting up... not full out splints, but not pleasant either. I've decided to get some type of compression garment for them, but am curious as to what preferences are out there and why.

• I use cep compression socks. I used the sleeves during a training run and did not like them as much, but I do use the socks for long runs and racing. I had a problem with shin splints prior to last year and got some recommendations and so far have not had any flair ups since before 2011. Also do some stregthening exercises. I think the combination is what helped me. Hope this helps.

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Rob L. said:I use cep compression socks. I used the sleeves during a training run and did not like them as much, but I do use the socks for long runs and racing. I had a problem with shin splints prior to last year and got some recommendations and so far have... read more

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm leaning towards the socks...my only hesitation is that I really like the socks that I run in right now.

posted about 2 years ago