Forums/

General Running

Running, Glasses and Rain

posted about 2 years ago | Report

As a beginner I tended to avoid running in the rain. However these days there is very little that will stop me getting out.

I mostly enjoy running in the rain, my main problem is the rain in my eyes and on my glasses. I think the glasses make matters worse.

I was thinking of getting a hat, hoping this will deflect the rain and make it a more pleasurable experience.

Any fellow glasses wearers out there care to share how they manage?

Any hat recommendations would be appreciated. Preferably something lightweight that can be used in the rain, and in the hot weather to keep the sun off and the sweat out of my eyes.

Thanks in advance.

Adam.

• As you at a peaked cap is about the best option all appear to be much the same, go for the one with the biggest peak, hoping the weather is about to change for the better

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Brian W. said:As you at a peaked cap is about the best option all appear to be much the same, go for the one with the biggest peak, hoping the weather is about to change for the better

I presume you mean just a normal cap as oposed to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peaked_cap ?

posted about 2 years ago

• Any baseball type cap, look for one with good ventilation

posted about 2 years ago

• I like a visor that's made for running, it will have a good sweat band.

g

posted about 2 years ago

• I got a hat from the running store that is made out that tech material, it’s great for hot days and rainy days. As for the glass I don’t have any advice. Mine seem to fog up in the rain so I just use my shirt to dry them off.

posted about 2 years ago

• Im in the same boat as you.. Dont enjoy contacts while running because of the dryness and sweat in the eyes, but dont have wipers for my glasses either.. Lately Ive been going out blind.. ! A hat does work.. Anytype will do but I just use a ballcap..

posted about 2 years ago

• A hat should do the trick. I'd rather not run in glasses though. I love my Accuvue Oasys lenses. Rarely dry. I run and I don't even think about them, all year long.

posted about 2 years ago

• a "headsweats" cap works well.

http://runnerdude77.blogspot.com

posted about 2 years ago