Forums/

General Running

new bia gps watch on kickstarter

posted about 2 years ago | Report

has anyone seen this new gps watch?
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/956860865/bia-the-first-gps-sports-watch-for-womenby-women

it's geared towards women, but they have a men's version as well. it's fundraising/pre-production at this point but it looks pretty great. I don't have a gps watch or a heart rate monitor at this time, but think about getting one - right now I'm using my iPhone and runmeter, which has some toughness-limitations.

how does this compare to what's out there now? I'm thinking about supporting their kickstarter campaign.

• I hope you're not still thinking about it, but have actually pledged your support!!! I use my iPhone all the time as well, and the GPS poops out on me in certain locations, and the heart rate monitor is sitting in a drawer collecting dust after a brief period of use to figure out how closely my heart rate lined up with running by feel.
    The Bia weighs 1/3 less than the iPhone, and I tend to run with my iPhone in an arm band which makes for a nasty tan line later.
    Loving everything about the Bia, especially since it was designed by women athletes who've considered everything we need from the angle of the watch, to a single button, and that safety alert that doesn't come on any other watch or monitor. Bonus with the Bia project, is you don't lose anything by pledging now - if they don't hit the goal, they don't move forward.
    *I'm not affiliated with them at all whatsoever, just backed the project and REALLY want to see it launch... less than 60 hours to go!!!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Melissarunninit said:I hope you're not still thinking about it, but have actually pledged your support!!! I use my iPhone all the time as well, and the GPS poops out on me in certain locations, and the heart rate monitor is sitting in a drawer collecting dust aft... read more

I did back the product! I think it will be down to the wire. It looks pretty great, I guess we will see...

posted about 2 years ago

• I backed it too and they got their funding. The watch is supposed to be available in April 2013.

posted about 2 years ago

• That is so cool! I actually ordered a garmin forerunner after about a year of debating whether I really need it or not. As soon as that bia comes out in April I am buying it. I am so glad they made the pledge quota, what a cool idea!

posted about 2 years ago | edited about 2 years ago

• I backed it a couple of weeks ago, then upped my pledge last week -- so glad to see that they met their goal! It's a very interesting product, and I'm looking forward to getting one (too bad it'll be sometime next spring before they're available.

posted about 2 years ago