Forums/

General Running

SHOULD I FEEL GUILTY I GET TO RUN WHEN MY SPOUSE HAS TO WORK FOR ME TO BE ABLE TO?

posted about 2 years ago | Report

Am I a total douche for running and becoming great when my spouse is slaving away earning a living making it possible for me to do that?

• I suppose it depends on what you are putting into the relationship yourself, no one but you or your spouse can answer that

posted about 2 years ago

• I agree with Brian! But,if she taking all the resposibility for your finances & keeping the home together whilst you "become great" then I could think of a better name than "douche"!!But,Im sure its not like that.

posted about 2 years ago | edited about 2 years ago

• are you retired? do you have any kind of job at all? are you just hit by the economy? so many questions... but ultimately if she is fine with it.. I dont see the problem. It is between you two. You can have some kind of part time job and still 'be great' as you put it if you are the one bringing the guilt in on yourself. Evaluate your relationship yourself and see what worth you are bringing into it for her- but this is between you two.

posted about 2 years ago

• No. As long as you guys agree together on it and you never forget it. Marriage isn't a 50/50 deal. It's 100/100 so as long as you are giving your 100% to it and she supports all your running... Happy running.

posted about 2 years ago