Forums/

General Running

New Nike+.

posted about 2 years ago | Report

Is anyone else having trouble syncing their runs from Nike+ to Dailymile since the new Nike+ site has been launched? Whenever I try to sync I get an error that says my account cannot be authenticated. I can log into Nike+ with the same ID/password as always and I have tried updating that info in DM as well. However it will still not authenticate and sync. Has anyone found a fix for this issue?

15 posts

scroll to bottom
  • I'm having trouble syncing my runs...says the USBport doesn't recognize the device...I wonder if it has to do with new Nike+ site. No FIX but just thought I'd share. Hope it gets fugured out soon.

posted about 2 years ago

• The nike+ api will be down until june 12th. Sorry guys, this one is out of our control.

posted about 2 years ago

• according to NIKE tech support. they have changed the URL so when daily mile goes to get our info, they are not seeing the exact same URL as before & therefore cannot authenticate. daily mile needs to get the new correct URL & hopefully it will work.
    i have been down with not very good answers from NIKE. just thought i'd pass along the result of my 90 minutes on the phone with NIKE+ tech support.

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Jog M Up said:according to NIKE tech support. they have changed the URL so when daily mile goes to get our info, they are not seeing the exact same URL as before & therefore cannot authenticate. daily mile needs to get the new correct URL & hopefully it... read more

Thanks for looking into this! We're in contact with the tech team. The new api system isn't available for third party sites until the 12th. Sorry for the delay.

posted about 2 years ago

• What is "new API system"?
    And isn't garmin also 3rd party? I thought I had seen garmin data sync'ed today?

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Jog M Up said:What is "new API system"? And isn't garmin also 3rd party? I thought I had seen garmin data sync'ed today?

It's the way we sync workouts from nike+. It's completely on their end and nothing we can do until the 12th :(

posted about 2 years ago | edited about 2 years ago

• How do the garmin people sync their workouts?

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Jog M Up said:How do the garmin people sync their workouts?

through the garmin communicator plugin. It's a completely different integration.

posted about 2 years ago

• Yes, I started having the same exact problem today when Nike+ updated their site. To a certain degree I'm not worried, as I get the data from Nike+ and post it to dailymile. Yeah, an extra step, but no big deal.

posted about 2 years ago | edited about 2 years ago

• Thanks for all the responses. I'm glad that it will be able to be fixed soon (6/12) and until then I'll just sync my garmin data or manually enter. Thanks so much!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Kelly K. said:The nike+ api will be down until june 12th. Sorry guys, this one is out of our control.

Thanks for letting us know! =)

posted about 2 years ago

• Kelly - I don't mean to sound like Chicken Little, but if a new Nike api system is coming on line on June 12 - why is Nike continuing to alienate customers by repeatedly saying "we do not support third party applications" and, furthermore, that this kind of access will no longer be "possible // tolerated"?

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Kelly K. said:It's the way we sync workouts from nike+. It's completely on their end and nothing we can do until the 12th :(

Got the new ETA from Nike?

posted about 2 years ago

• I've the same problems too since 6 dix day I couldn't sync my Nike+ run's.. :-(

posted about 2 years ago

• Looks like it's going to be a lot longer than the first predicted June 12...

posted about 2 years ago