Forums/

General Running

Summer Running Streak 2012

posted about 2 years ago | Report

Anyone participating in Runner's World Daily running streak? 1 mile a day from Memorial Day through 4th of July?

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267-269-14350-0,00.html

I figure…I’m already committed to running Tuesday through Friday…all I have to do is find 10 minutes on the other days to get in 1 mile? TOTALLY doable. Ok…maybe 11 minutes…but we shall see how fast I will be able to complete a mile by the 4th of July.

I didn’t run on Memorial day…but I’ve run every day since. I will be off one day but I”m ok with that.

• I didn't even know about their "streak" event. However,I have just recently restarted a streak. Currently on 19 days, minimum of 2 miles (self-imposed). Good luck with your streak!

posted about 2 years ago

• I'm in! I didn't run Memorial Day either, but have since then. My legs don't like running consecutive days very much, but I figure they can handle a slow mile. I decided to make it a "true" summer streak and see if I can go all the way to Labor Day.

Good luck to you!!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Beth H. said:I'm in! I didn't run Memorial Day either, but have since then. My legs don't like running consecutive days very much, but I figure they can handle a slow mile. I decided to make it a "true" summer streak and see if I can g... read more

Hoot hoot! Nice goal Beth-by the end of the summer you'll be aiming for the end of the yr on that streak. Good luck!

posted about 2 years ago

• I am doing it! :)

posted about 2 years ago

• I completed the streak with the Firecracker 5K this morning in Stuttgart, Germany. I can take a rest day now!

posted about 2 years ago

• Ha, me too! I'm so happy the streak is over today! I need to add cross training back in my routine!

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what said:Ha, me too! I'm so happy the streak is over today! I need to add cross training back in my routine!

Same here. I ended mine at 50 days yesterday. Between the work schedule, family and the run streak,I had little to no time for x-training too. At midnight, when the day ticked over the top of the clock....I was actually surprised that I was slightly upset at letting it go.

posted about 2 years ago

• I was so planning a rest day today and couldn't do it, Randy! Maybe Saturday....

posted about 2 years ago

• Oops double reply. Darn iPad.

posted about 2 years ago | edited about 2 years ago