Forums/

General Running

Motivation Wall

posted over 2 years ago | Report

Not new to running but new to Daily Mile. How do I get bling? I also run in rural Mississippi n need some friends! :D

12 posts

scroll to bottom
  • I don't know what you mean by bling. The motivations are given to you by your friends when you make your accomplishments, IF they want to. If you are here for just 'bling' you might be disappointed. Motivate others and be genuine and they will do the same in return.

posted over 2 years ago

• (make) add friends, be positive, and of course run...

Kudos will follow :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Thank you, Michael. I also do not see where I report a race vs. a run. Any help w/that would be appreciated.

Still not sure about the motivation wall since my one friend is in the same boat as I am w/out a page of widgets to share anything. So, I can only send things to total strangers. How genuine is that procedure? And thanks for understanding unlike Gozling. Like I said, I am new to Daily Mile. Nice to have a total stranger stomp on my foot right out of the gate! No bling for G.

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Maggie M said:Thank you, Michael. I also do not see where I report a race vs. a run. Any help w/that would be appreciated. Still not sure about the motivation wall since my one friend is in the same boat as I am w/out a page of widgets to share anything. So, ... read more

LOL Sorry If you took my honesty bluntly. You can send 'bling' to your friends at the bottom of a comment box there is a box for you to attatch it OR you can go to their main page and where it says 'Motivation' click that then click a box and then write your motivation there. It is a very genuine procedure. Not meaning to stomp you right out of the gate but when the most important part of your post is about bling... sounded rather shallow- just being honest. This site is about running and encouraging others..If my friends never 'blinged me' I wouldn't care... but it seems important to you to have the bling so I am sorry for stomping. It is easy to send, like I said, under comment boxes when you post you will see the motivations and/or on their own page on the left hand side, click the 'motivation' link and follow the directions. 'No bling for G'... omg I am crushed, lol.

posted over 2 years ago

• Now this is helpful G! I also made some friends yesterday and was able to play around with the happies. O/c I messed up the first one and could not find a delete button to do it again properly, but that might be a flaw in my iPad vs. laptop. I am also having trouble adding routes which might be iPad related.

Why is the bling important? I am a back of the pack who has spent 3 years trying to get faster. I have run every race Memphis and the surrounding areas have to offer from 1milers to a marathon. I achieved my one medal -in the profile pic - for walking a race! The bling gets me out of bed or off the couch and on the road. What is the harm of wanting to feel virtually validated since I fail every weekend otherwise?

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Maggie M said:Now this is helpful G! I also made some friends yesterday and was able to play around with the happies. O/c I messed up the first one and could not find a delete button to do it again properly, but that might be a flaw in my iPad vs. laptop. I am ... read more

If you are out there you are not failing. Things are not what define success, but I understand, just don't agree. Peoples words here are so powerful you will see, support others with honest comments and you will feel more validated by a simple :P than anything.

"What is the harm of wanting to feel virtually validated since I fail every weekend otherwise?" --- you put this out there. It makes me really sad. Again, you are not a failure if you are out there. Turtles always win the race and working out is a challenge against yourself. You walk 10 more steps on another day and you have already won, you jog 5 more steps than before, you have won. I hope you can find a group to run with as well- those are great, been a long time since I have been able to run with others and I do miss it. Try to remember if you are here, be here for support and help- true validation comes from inside yourself. Get tons of support, get tons of laughs and learn from here and your validation will be from within yourself. All this being said.... I do understand your point of view and hear it. It is just different than mine and that is OK :)

note on the posts-- most of the time I write a paragraph in a comment box. I have made it a habit of copying it with my right click mouse because sometimes if my post is too long and i go to put motivation with it- it doesn't post at all and I lose the whole post. So, I just post my paragraph and after do a one liner with the motivation.

posted over 2 years ago | edited over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Gozling said:If you are out there you are not failing. Things are not what define success, but I understand, just don't agree. Peoples words here are so powerful you will see, support others with honest comments and you will feel more validated by a simpl... read more

Well said, Gozling!

posted over 2 years ago

• Gozling said: 'If you are out there you are not failing. Things are not what define success, but I understand, just don't agree. Peoples words here are so powerful you will see, support others with honest comments and you will feel more validated by a simple :P than anything.'

I 100% agree with what Gozling said in the paragraph I have quoted. I've been going through a rough patch and know that the kind words of my DM friends have helped me continue to cross train and stay positive.

Just like real bling, DM bling is nice to have but what I treasure most are the heartfelt messages and time someone takes to write a comment especially for me.

posted over 2 years ago

• Hey Maggie! Another country runner here! FR sent.

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Tracy S. said:Gozling said: 'If you are out there you are not failing. Things are not what define success, but I understand, just don't agree. Peoples words here are so powerful you will see, support others with honest comments and you will feel more ... read more

:P

posted over 2 years ago

• Awww, I,love you Tracy. :-)

posted about 2 years ago

• When you are enjoying you don't feel the pain.

posted about 2 years ago