Forums/

General Running

Middle - age, out of shape but happy to run!

posted about 2 years ago | Report

I'm not a fast runner, but at least I'm out there! Just ran a 10K about a month ago and will do a half in the fall. Will sign up for a few 5Ks this summer. I need some friends and motivation from those that are gearing up too.

18 posts

scroll to bottom
  • You ARE a runner! :) FR sent!

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome. I guess were in the same boat; Middle Age, out of shape but running. FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Middle age and been running about 18 months and down about 50 pounds. FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Way to go Joy! Congratulations on catching the running virus :)
    FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• If you're running a 10K, you're in pretty good shape (but unfortunately still middle age).

posted about 2 years ago

• Congrats on getting out there! I'm right there with you > middle age and out of shape. I've been 'running' since February and am can still barely do a 5k so you're doing AWESOME.
    FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome and FR sent :) Anyone feel free to add me as well...can always use more motivation!

posted about 2 years ago

• FR incoming! Welcome :)

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Michael G. said:Welcome and FR sent :) Anyone feel free to add me as well...can always use more motivation!

FR incoming to you! I've never seen someone on here with that many friends, but if you like motivation that much, no problem!

posted about 2 years ago

• Hi Joy, I started running about a year ago, and am totally hooked. I've finally signed up for a half later this year, my goal is purely to finish it. New to DM too, oh, and I'm middle aged too, so FR sent. MM

posted about 2 years ago

• FR On the way. You must be in pretty good shape to run a 10K. :)

posted about 2 years ago

• By the way, I am middle age and have been running since October! I am addicted and I love to run!

posted about 2 years ago

• Its not about speed. Its a matter of simply DOING. And from the sound of things, you're doing awesome! FR sent

posted about 2 years ago

• Welcome Joy! FR being sent. You are already doing great with a 10 K under your belt. Glad to offer motivational support. I am also in the middle years (though I can't quite believe it) and have been a runner and triathlete for about 10 years - loving it. I think middle age is the greatest time for a woman to take up running.

posted about 2 years ago

• I am middle age, gearing up too. I want to run my second marathon sub4 in the fall. FR sent.

posted about 2 years ago

• I'm 53, about a hundred pounds overweight (yeah really) but still managed to go from not running at all to a half marathon in eight months last year. It can be done! Got lazy over the winter but am planning to repeat HM this November, hopefully faster! FR sent -- PS, anyone who wants to add me, please do!

posted about 2 years ago

• Great job in starting running and doing these events to stay motivated.

posted about 2 years ago

• I'm not a fast runner either -- and middle age is in my rear view mirror -- but happy to be your friend and send some motivation your way!!

posted about 2 years ago