Forums/

General Running

How to import historical runs from RunKeeper to Dailymile

posted over 2 years ago | Report

Does anyone know how to upload historical runs from RunKeeper to Dailymile? Is it even possible? Thank you!

23 posts

scroll to bottom
  • I'd love to know, too!

posted over 2 years ago

• hi melissa, i figured it out. at least i've figured out how to partially upload historical runs individually.

on runkeeper, select an activity. select "advanced options", click "GPX", and save this on your computer.

on dailymile, add a workout, and in the "where did you run" window, click on the "map a new run" and upload the GPX file you saved on your computer.

you still have to manually add the date and duration but its nice to have a visual of your run from runkeeper.

happy running!

posted over 2 years ago

• Thanks for responding! Does that mean I have to do this for every individual Runkeeper run? It sounds fairly labour-intensive, and I've literally got hundreds of Runkeeper runs.

I know in Runkeeper you can export all your run data as a csv, but AFAIK there's no way for Dailymile to then import it, which is a shame.

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Melissa F. said:Thanks for responding! Does that mean I have to do this for every individual Runkeeper run? It sounds fairly labour-intensive, and I've literally got hundreds of Runkeeper runs. I know in Runkeeper you can export all your run data as a csv, ... read more

I know right? Uploading each and every historical activity is huge pain not sure if its worth the work.

I may just upload the ones for 2012 so I can track my progress and move forward.

posted over 2 years ago

• I created a tool that can be used to bulk import runs from other sites (nike+ and runningAHEAD) into dailymile - I can probably extend it to handle Runkeeper if that would help you out. Take a look at my blog post about using it for runningAHEAD and let me know if it you would like me to add Runkeeper support to it.

http://platerscode.blogspot.com/search/label/dailymile-client

posted over 2 years ago

• Try Runmeter. It uploads it straight to dailymile from your phone.

posted over 2 years ago

• in reply to what Dailyworkout said:I created a tool that can be used to bulk import runs from other sites (nike+ and runningAHEAD) into dailymile - I can probably extend it to handle Runkeeper if that would help you out. Take a look at my blog post about using it for runningAHEAD ... read more

Jeff that would be AWESOME. If you need any help with testing it, or getting the necessary csvs or exports from Runkeeper, just let me know. I've got a tech background and I work with developers all day, so I can handle command-line stuff.

posted over 2 years ago

• Oh I love Runmeter, I switched over to that a few years ago and it's far, far superior to Runkeeper. But that doesn't help me import my 2-3 years of Runkeeper data into Dailymile!

It's annoying because I used Nike+ for years, then Runkeeper, and then Runmeter. All my Nike+ and Runmeter are logged in Dailymile, but I've got a big, gaping hole for the time I used Runkeeper, ugh.

posted over 2 years ago

• I just wanted to report back that Jeff's script worked PERFECTLY and filled all of my Runkeeper runs off their csv in seconds, transferring over the workjout date, distance, time, and comments. Exactly what I needed, thank so much! Maybe he can help others who read this, too.

posted over 2 years ago

• Hi Jeff. Looks like you were able to upload all of Melissa's runs to daily mile. Did you ever post the runkeeper -> DailyMile method on your site? Would be grateful for the help. Thanks!

posted over 2 years ago

• This sounds like a really great tool. I have a log that I have kept for years in RunningAhead, and I would love to import it.
    I looked at the instructions, and I just don't know how to figure it out.
    I managed to install Java, and I know how to open the cmd prompt thing, but I have no clue how to actually run the jar file in the command prompt.

It comes up with Error Unable to access jarfile...etc.

Maybe someone more computer savvy can give me some pointers? It would be much appreciated

posted over 2 years ago

• Kar/Hennie,

Just found your posts, I can definitely help import your old data. Send me a DM message explaining what site you want to migrate data from and we can figure it out from there.

-Jeff

posted over 2 years ago

• I'd also be interested in porting over my runkeeper data. OR a service that updates DailyMile, Endemondo,Runkeeper, 411fit,Connect.Garmin.com...... ;-)

posted over 2 years ago

• Andy,

I can't help with a service that updates all sites, however if you would like to do a bulk import of your runkeeper data, send me a DM message and I can explain how to use my importer application.

-Jeff

posted over 2 years ago

• Jeff, I'm on the fence right now between using RunKeeper and DailyMile, but would like to see it all in DM to see where I'm at for 2012. Are you still willing to share your method for importing RunKeeper data into DailyMile?

posted about 2 years ago

• in reply to what Melissa F. said:I just wanted to report back that Jeff's script worked PERFECTLY and filled all of my Runkeeper runs off their csv in seconds, transferring over the workjout date, distance, time, and comments. Exactly what I needed, thank so much! Maybe he c... read more

Did you use the nikeplus option or runningahead? Or did you have to modify the script to work with Runkeeper?

posted almost 2 years ago

• in reply to what William T. said:Did you use the nikeplus option or runningahead? Or did you have to modify the script to work with Runkeeper?

I believe she used a newer version of the script that I created that included the Runkeeper option. I actually turned the script into a webpage that can be used to upload Runkeeper data. I will send you the information via a DM message.

• That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

• I am new to DailyMile and I was trying to figure out how to do import my runkeeper to DM. Could you send me the link?

• in reply to what Dailyworkout said:I created a tool that can be used to bulk import runs from other sites (nike+ and runningAHEAD) into dailymile - I can probably extend it to handle Runkeeper if that would help you out. Take a look at my blog post about using it for runningAHEAD ... read more

Hi Jeff,

Do you have a work around for either getting data from Suuntos movescount into daily mile or a gpx import into dailymile?

Thanks

Paul

posted over 1 year ago

• in reply to what Dailyworkout said:I believe she used a newer version of the script that I created that included the Runkeeper option. I actually turned the script into a webpage that can be used to upload Runkeeper data. I will send you the information via a DM message.

Jeff,

Not ideal but one way to get movescount data to dailymile is to import gpx to runkeeper and then use the tool you are describing above. Can you send me the information you mention in the message above. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks

Paul

posted over 1 year ago

• I'd love that script too if you would be so kind. :)

posted over 1 year ago

• I don't know if this is still an issue for anyone, but I have found a very easy solution. There is an iPhone app called RunGap that compiles all logs from multiple sources (RunKeeper, Endomondo, Nike+, Strava, and DailyMile to name a few), and then gives you the option to export all of it to a particular source. I was able to export several years worth of RunKeeper logs to DailyMile, time/route maps/distance and everything included. Hope it helps!

posted 4 months ago