Forums/

General Running

summer running shirts with a pocket?

posted over 2 years ago | Report

Does anyone know where to buy running short sleeve shirts with pockets that can hold an iPhone? I got used to pockets in my winter shirts, and am not looking forward to wearing an armband again. Thanks!

11 posts

scroll to bottom
  • Can't help you there, but wonder if you've thought about a SPIbelt? I use that when I'm packing light but want to carry my phone. I really don't notice it.

posted over 2 years ago

• Cycling jersey?

posted over 2 years ago

• I would think you'd have more luck finding shorts or capris with a pocket that you could put your iPhone in than a shirt. Most short sleeve running shirts are so thin that even if there was a pocket, it seems like something as heavy as an iPhone would bounce all over the place unless the shirt was really tight. Most of my good running shorts have a zippered pocket in the back that I think could fit an iPhone, probably without a case on it and not too much else in the pocket.

posted over 2 years ago

• I wear raceready running shorts they have pockets sewn across the back. I can fit my phone, keys and a racing gel. And with no bouncing!

posted over 2 years ago

• Don't think any of my running tops have pockets - but my shorts/capris are adidas and have zip up pockets which fit my iphone :)

posted over 2 years ago

• Look into the Amphipod waist pack series, specifically the micropack smartview:

http://www.amphipod.com/products/holders/lock-on-pouches/micropack-smartview/micropack-smartview

It's what I use to carry my iPhone, some ID, cash and my key if I have no other pockets. you can clip it to your waistband year round. I also can't stand the arm bands. Too bulky.

One con with this back, it's a little snug for my 4s with the case. I have a hard time getting it in and out with headphones too. So to solve that I made a small incision in the case to feed the headphones in after I insert the iPhone. Much easier that way. I highly recommend this pack, check it out.

posted over 2 years ago

• Thanks everyone! Great advice. I'll check out your suggestions. This was my 1st post here, and I almost forgot to check back to see if anyone answered. I guess a shirt pocket is one of the few positives of winter running.

posted over 2 years ago

• A few years ago, I got a race tshirt that had a small zippered pocket in it. I haven't been able to find any in stores like it and it was made specifically for that race, but it's my favorite one to run in!

posted over 2 years ago

• I think Moving comfort makes a sports bra with a pocket in front. I don't know how large the pocket is but it is a clever idea.

posted over 2 years ago

• Try roadrunnersports.com. They have their own brand tanks and a short sleeved shirt with pockets.

posted over 2 years ago

• I was at a Nike Store tonight and they had a few shirts with pockets and it made me think of this thread. Some seemed a little more sturdy than others. This one in particular had some pretty good looking pockets:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-457886

posted over 2 years ago