Forums/

General Running

Nuun tabs during races

posted over 3 years ago | Report

Anyone do Nuun tabs during races without carrying your own water?

Does it work okay dropping the tab into the cup at water stations?

How did you do it?

I am doing a half in 2 weeks and I'm trying to decide whether I need to wear a water belt or if I can manage this nuun thing at water stations.

thanks

• Not sure how that would work, because of the time it takes for them to dissolve. If you really want to use Nuun, I would mix ahead and carry in your belt.

posted over 3 years ago

• stephanie,

this question has come up several times during my time at nuun. a number of people have told me that they pop the tablet and chew vigorously as they approach a water station, then chase that bad boy down with a cup full of water.

this method is not for everyone! in fact, it's pretty nasty. this is not the way nuun tablets are designed to be consumed, but we have received testimonials from folks that this has worked well for them, so i thought i'd suggest it.

it is something to consider if you are absolutely set on not wearing a belt. i would definitely train using this technique to make sure it doesn't upset your stomach if you consider it for your race.

whatever you chose to do, good luck on your race!

cheers!

alex from nuun

posted over 3 years ago

• why not come out with a 16 - 20 oz handheld with a pocket to hold a tube of NUUN? I ran with a handheld bottle dropping a tablet in when I filled up and it is the way to go for me. Tube doesn't fit in the pocket.

posted over 3 years ago

• you know we ask folks for feedback on facebook and twitter all the time, about what they'd like to see in our webstore... not one person has ever put this idea forward. i'll run it past marketing!

thanks!

posted over 3 years ago

• you know we ask folks for feedback on facebook and twitter all the time, about what they'd like to see in our webstore... not one person has ever put this idea forward. i'll run it past marketing!

thanks!

posted over 3 years ago

• in reply to what Alex N. said:you know we ask folks for feedback on facebook and twitter all the time, about what they'd like to see in our webstore... not one person has ever put this idea forward. i'll run it past marketing! thanks!

Never know where your next great idea'll come from, huh, Alex? I'm new at this, and prefer a belt to holding something in my hand, but I bet that one'd go over pretty well! Good luck!

posted over 3 years ago