Answers/

General Running

Should I get Garmin 110 or 210?

asked almost 4 years ago | Report

Trying to decide which to get..
I don't want or need the foot pod or heart rate, so I was thinking the 110.

I just want to tell my distance, time, and see the pace of my current mile.
I was told the 110 only gave your avg pace overall, but upon reading it says it depends on if you have auto lap on or not. What is consider a "lap" when you have auto lap a quarter or a mile? or can you set this yourself.. Im new to the fancy watch thing, always just used a cheap ironman but PR'd the last 5k I did pacing with a guy that had a Garmin, so now I want one.

11 answers

scroll to bottom
  • Hi, I've got the Garmin 110, had it for Christmas. I'm happy with it, don't feel the need for too many features.

You can set the 'lap' distance to what you want (within limits), I think you can have either 0.25, 0.5 or 1.0 in either miles or km. I have mine set at a quarter of a mile so every quarter mile it beeps and displays the average pace over the last 0.25 mile 'lap'.

In between I think it displays the 'average so far' of the new lap, if that makes sense. So it doesn't show your instant pace but as long as you are running at a relatively consistent pace it is near enough.

It also shows total elapsed time and distance from start of run, on the same screen. I believe there are other screen options but the standard screen suits my needs.

Cheers,
    Gwyn

answered almost 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Go look at the 305 It may have more features than you want but it will have them if you want to use them. You can find brand new ones for around 130 on Amazon or ebay. I started with a smaller watch and wished for something more. The 305 fills the need and gives you a ton of feed back I found only a few bad posts out of thousands. I love mine go look before you buy.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • with the 110 or 210 you can't sync on DM.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I agree with Tim B. go for the 305 they are cheap now that the 310XT's are out they last 20 hours... the 405 is the same only they look more like a watch, round and the batteries only last around 8 hours, my 305 lasts 12 hours -of course it had a break in period.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I would lean towards the 210 but also strongly consider the 305, amazing value.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Just wanted to chime about my 110 - love it! It's the smallest of the Garmins, which is nice.

Domenico is right, this site still won't sync with it. What I do is upload to Garmin Connect, which gives you a ton of info, and then plug those numbers into DailyMile. Here's a sample: http://www.nflightdesign.com/files/garminchart01.jpg . It's really cool stuff, but I do wish sync worked.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've had the 210 for about three years and it meets all my needs. Like others have said, you can forget about the upload, but then again I have my Nike+ for that. I just want something that I can look at my distance traveled, time and current pace while on the run.

From what I've read and heard, the 305 is pretty good and goes on sale a couple of times a year at Best Buy. I also saw them on sale on 'Cyber Monday' on amazon and k-mart for $95.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Personally I love my 205... no heart rate monitor, but I absolutely love it regardless! Got it for about 80 on Walmart's site back around Christmas time. I like the programming you can do with it and just like the general set up. Plus, it does sync right up with DM!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I love my 110 for now, but I do see myself upgrading at some point. When I'm racing the avg. pace is fine for me, but when I am doing training runs and want to do intervals etc. it would be nice to know current pace, not average.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have a 110. I actually went with that one because I have small wrists and didn't want something huge protruding from my arm. But I agree with the others-- I'd rather had the actual pace and not an average while I running AND it doesn't connect with DM so I have to insert all the numbers myself. A pro for me, though, is that it's the size of a watch so I don't mind wearing it! :-)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Neither!
    305, 405 or 410. Oh, and yes, you DO want the HR monitor- you just don't know it yet.

the 110/210 are just too limited in what they can show. I like the packaging, but they lack the ability to display any set of variables that you want.

Instant pace on any of these devices isn't very accurate anyway. Not worth using. Avg lap pace is what I now always use.

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Running - General Running