Answers/

General Running

How do you carry your cell phone while running?

asked over 4 years ago | Report

I feel like I need to be carrying it with me, but can't stand it bouncing around on my hip. Other ideas?

7/19: Thanks for all the suggestions! I had a fall recently that made me pretty sure I need to be able to call my husband if needed (instead of limping a mile+ home). I ordered the iFitness Mini. Very excited to try it out!

18 answers

scroll to bottom
  • Hey Holle! I have a great pair of running pants with a zipper pocket in the back. I can fit my cell, ID, and apartment keys in it. There are a lot of brands that carry these kinds of pants!

Good luck!!
    S

answered over 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I very rarely carry my cell phone on a run. When I did, I carried it in my amphipod. It's a running wallet that attaches to your tights / shorts and sits on the small of your back. I've thought about putting it in an armband usually reserved for the larger ipods. Hope this helps !

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I had this problem as well, especially because I run when we go on family vacations. I finally found a little belt thing that is really small, light, and does NOT move. I found it at an expo but here is the link to the website www.ifitnessinc.com/ . I actually put it on with my phone in it and jogged around the expo to try it out before I bought it! Check it out! Worth every penny!! I have the lycra mini sport belt-very small and stretchy.

answered over 4 years ago |edited over 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have a pouch that fits snuggly around my upper arm. I think it was made for the iphone but it fits my phone just fine.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I recommend iFitness.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My phone fits in my armband. I like to have my phone just in case. I also use an app called Runkeeper that has a gps on to track my miles and pace.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like the spibelt, perfect for a cell phone and a few GU's. It can actually hold 8 GU's at one time. :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I put mine in my sportsbra. I use Enell bras, which are sort of like straight jackets. They hold the phone (and evrything else) in place very securely.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Even though you've order the iFitness I'll pass on another that I use.

I have an iPhone that I carry during my runs that I try to keep handy for the music or one of the fitness apps I'm trying out until I settle on one that I like. I've used two cases with the iPhone and the one I currently have is my favorite by far. The Nite Ize "Clip Case Sideways" is a clip on nylon case for any phone have similar proportions to an iPhone. It uses a velcro closure flap and has a small pocket inside for ID, CCs, or to store your headphones. In my use I clip it on my running pack or running belt and it hold the phone securely. By using a velcro closure the case doesn't mess with the electronic compass found in most new smart phones like a magnetic closure can. Nite Ize makes cases in a variety of sizes and shapes to accommodate most phones on the market.

The other case I like is from zCover.com (a Canadian firm) that specializes in silicon rubber cases that act like armor for your phone. The zCover case has a clip system that has a quick release lock on it that allows you to quickly snap the phone in or out of the clip without it coming out when you don't want it to. Only downside to this case is that it will bounce a bit while you run.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • All carriers listed are great.
    However, I would also suggest getting a Road ID. It has contact information in case you get hurt and need assistance. www.roadid.com.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I will hold it in my hand if need be. Or, usually, I'm wearing shorts with a small pocket in the inside front and just shove it in there. It doesn't bounce around and it doesn't fall out.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I usually carry it in my hand because I use my phone to listen to music from the internet, but I also have an armband that I wear with it. It's an old armband that I used with my old Ipod.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use SPIbelt (Small Personal Item belt) www.spibelt.com
    Best running gear I ever bought!!
    I am always on call at work, so I lsten to music on my phone while I carry it in the belt. If the phone rings, music stops and the line activates... happened many times while on the run

answered over 4 years ago |edited over 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I also use a spibelt and love it. It carries my phone, id, keys & snacks if needed. I used it last month during my first 1/2 marathon and it was great. It's small and has an adjustable belt so can be snug but not constricting. Praying you are okay after your fall! Happy running!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • i carry mine in hand, i would like to stop carrying it but that will be the day i need it

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The cell phone case with a finger loop, Loopy!! LoopyStore dot com

It's great because it's adjustable to your gloves and can be worn on the inside or outside of your hand. Never worry about dropping your smart phone again!

This is a personal venture that's gaining traction so I'll throw you a coupon code!
    Use irun for 30% your Loopy.
    If you do choose to buy one, please leave us feedback on our site - every comment helps!

answered almost 2 years ago |edited almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The cell phone case with a finger loop, Loopy!! LoopyStore dot com

It's great because it's adjustable to your gloves and can be worn on the inside or outside of your hand. Never worry about dropping your smart phone again!

This is a personal venture that's gaining traction so I'll throw you a coupon code!
    Use irun for 30% your Loopy.
    If you do choose to buy one, please leave us feedback on our site - every comment helps!

answered almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The SPIbelt is the best!

answered almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Running - General Running