Answers/

General Running

Can anyone recommend a GPS running app for Android phones?

asked over 4 years ago | Report

I've been using Runner, but it doesn't accumulate stats over time - just reports for each individual workout. I downloaded RunStar, but it tries to be an mp3 player and running app and IMO does neither well.

7 answers

scroll to bottom
  • I think the best one right now is SportyPal, but there are a number of others. One very popular one that was best on the iPhone was recently ported to Android (RunKeeper), but it doesn't have all the features yet and kinda sucks... But it could end up being better than SportyPal eventually.

answered over 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • CardioTrainer is the bomb!!!! GPS, pace, and integrates with your music play lists. Very friendly, will auto upload your run/workout to facebook. I have used sportypal and didn't like it very well. Have Runner on my phone but never used it. Will voice prompt your pace and/or distance at user choosen intervals. It just rocks!

answered over 4 years ago |edited over 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Have you tried MyTracks?

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • www.sportypal.com ; i would agree with Eric, probably the best option on android for now. I have it my pulse, no problem at all, great accuracy.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have tried running coach...poor. don't botter. My Tracks is the second I have tried. provides all stats, allows you to share all stats in google 'My Maps' and google Docs. you can also send to other email accts, and FB. Very satisfied with the one time I have used it.

if curious see informative video;
    http://mytracks.appspot.com/

answered almost 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I am using runstar paid version. So far so good. Can feed my workout to dailymile.

answered over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I use adidas miCoach. It is a free app that will track not only your workouts, but your shoe mileage. A multitude of training plans are available on the miCoach website. I am currently using one of the half marathon plans and have been very satisified with it. I will probably use one of the marathon trainnig plans to prep for Chicago.

You get feedback during the workout from your miCoach - will call out current pace, distance, time and calories bured per mile if desired, plus let you know if you are going too fast or too slow for your workout. You can get instant analysis on your workouts and track your progress over time.

Here's the website for more information:

http://www.adidas.com/us/micoach/

answered over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Running - General Running