Answers/

General Running

What podcasts do you listen to when working out?

asked over 6 years ago | Report

10 answers

scroll to bottom
  • I was real into podcasts for a while, but it's hard to keep up with them, even if they are only weekly or bi-weekly. If I'm riding on the road, I don't listen to anything, it's a bit too dangerous and I find the sound of the wind relaxing. If I'm in the gym, I usually just watch a TV show or movie on my video ipod, which is what I did last night.

About a year ago I got into audio books. I found that I could not only get through a book faster but I also retained the information better.

answered over 6 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My mainstay is "Vegetarian Food for Thought." I usually listen to the food and nutrition ones -- it's hard to listen to the animal rights ones while running. Sometimes I like "Vegan Freak" -- feels like I've got some quirky potty-mouth friends running along with me! And I'm working through the NPR Health podcasts and Outdoor Fitness with Tina Vindum.

answered over 6 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I've started listening to a couple of electonica shows... Young Punx, Pitch Control and Concrete Jungle mostly. But recently, I have been running with the one and only Amy Mac from Fitness Attack, and she has been great company... no need for the iPod!

answered about 6 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • lots! usually sowerby and luff, the geoff show (from virgin radio uk), npr's it's all politics, left right and center, the guardian's football weekly, bbc's friday night comedy, leo laporte's twit, world football daily, bbc's movie reviews with mark kermode, phedippidations....and even more. sometimes i do listen to music...but not often.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Filmspotting - my once a week fix. These guys are the best movie reviewers!

http://www.filmspotting.net/

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Bill Moyers
    This American Life
    Common Sense

answered almost 6 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Mine... LightSource (about photography lighting)...

Started running to Radio 538: Tiesto's Club Life (iTunes)
    Podrunner
    Techno Sweat Music

(can't do much talk... after all, i'm on a treadmill (egads)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Definetly Podrunner and Fitmusic

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Jillian Michaels' podcast
    KCRW's Good Food
    Vegetarian Food for Thought
    CraftLit
    A bunch of knitting podcasts: Stash & Burn, Lime & Violet, etc.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I don't ever listen to podcast, though I have tried a few. I usually listen to a wide array of music, especially when running. I tend to run too fast when listening to faster music, so I listen to Feist, Metallica's Orion, Luna, Jack Johnson... something chill to keep me on pace.

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Running - General Running