Answers/

General Running

What are the best songs to run to?

asked over 5 years ago | Report

I know I eventually have to break this habit of running with my IPOD, but as a beginner that's what keeps me going...I notice that depending on the song is how fast I go...What are some songs that you run to that might help me pick up the pace?

196 answers

scroll to bottom
  • Hmm.. cool question.. and yes, you are right about that.. somehow a song can affect your pace.. depends on how wired you get with the song.. lol. I am 30 next month.(shhhhh) and even though i did not live through the 60's and 70's I love classic Rock .. AC/DC , Rolling Stones, Elton John, Sex Pistols, anything classic,, some new stuff from the 80s like Michael Jackson,, yes.. well I grew up idolizing the guy.. I had the glove and jacket and would dance to Thriller.. LOL Some new groups like U2, Green Day,mmm cant thing of anyone else.. spanish music.. hmmm not really much some classic salsa, not merenge, definitely NOT reggeton.. could never get into it.. and of curse some of the songs from Paulina Rubio, some old Yuri, Chayene (think i missed spelled it) Marc Anthony, ohh yeah.. Shakira.. ;-) and many many more.

answered over 5 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Boom, Boom, Boom by the Black-eyed Peas.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • May sound stupid but Baby got back.. the beat is kinda catchy and the lyrics are funny/stupid... nice to keep your mind from thinking that you are running.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like rock songs...just about anything rock/pop style like from The All American Rejects, Linkin Park, Pink, Matchbox 20.

Some techno/dance mixes are nice too like Lady Gaga, Eiffel 65, etc.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Almost anything from the Black Eyed Peas. I love running to their music and I always run faster when their songs come on! Good luck!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • the sound of your shoes beating the ground and your brething..

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm not sure if I'll ever get to the point of running withou my iPod...I listen to it in the car, while I'm cleaning, during my runs and even let it put me to sleep. I guess I just love music. I mostly listen to down south rap like UGK, Outkast, T.I., Lil Wayne and some new emerging Dallas rappers to get me going then I listen uplifting gospel songs to keep me going.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm really not one for house music at all... BUT I started listening to the Podrunners Podcast and it has helped me increase my pace and it's fun to run to.
    Here's the link to the website if you're interested in trying it out:
    http://www.djsteveboy.com/podrunner.html

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The Red Hot Chili Peppers- Can't Stop is my all time favorite pick-up-the-pace song. It's probably the top played song in my entire collection.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I jam out to Pandora Internet Radio when I am running... there's an app for it on my phone.
    Some stations that pump me up include The Bloodhound Gang, again because like someone had mentioned before, the lyrics are stupid and a lot of the beats are fast and keep your mind off of running.
    I am also in my weird psychedelic-pop phase so I jam out to MGMT, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the Shins and some others but that's for longer runs. Lance Armstrong recently tweeted that he listens to the Kings of Leon when he works out... I agree with this.
    However, certain songs really get me going though.. Like Young Jeezy's 'My President' and on my ipod Eminem's 'Til I Collapse' always make me run faster.

answered over 5 years ago |edited over 5 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have tons of trance tunes beat matched (with Traktor DJ Studio) for various pace cadences... 155bpm marathon pace (upgraded to 160bpm recently) 163bpm for 10k training, and 190bpm for serious 5k madness. Some of the better songs on my playlist:

motorcyle - as the rush comes
    fatboy slim - sunset (bird of prey)
    Juno reactor - conga fury (awesome for speed work!!)
    tiesto - dance4life, love comes again
    alex morph - live less ordinary
    return of fame
    flying frogs - dayflight
    future breeze - smile
    paffendorf - where are you
    conjure one - tears from the moon
    bryan adams - run to you remix
    aurora - ordinary world (duran duran cover)
    ian brown - f.e.a.r.
    mauro picotto - proximus
    schiller - dream of you
    solar stone - 7 cities
    talisman & hudson - leaving planet earth
    three drives - greece 2000
    energy 52 - cafe del mar
    y traxx - mystery land
    darude feat blake lewis - I Ran (flock of seagulls cover)

and for some strange reason I always keep coming back to...
    midnight oil - blue sky mine
    (it's not trance obviously but for some reason it has stuck with me since my first distance race, and it was the song I was listening to the last few k for the finish as I was running past the cheering crowds and feeling that exhausted exhiliration that we all know too well!!)

I have lots more but I've probably named too many already!!
    Enjoy!!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Depends on the distance. For 5K and short distance I like anything fast: dance, heavy metal, disco. Middle and long distance: classic rock, oldies, rap and songs I don't know - so I can take some time to get lost in them and figure out the tune and the words. Of course, I have the advantage of being a mobile DJ for the last 20+ years, so I have many favorites. Some must haves, for me: Cure, Sublime, Rolling Stones, Elvis Costello, Talking Heads, Journey, Bon Jovi, John Melancamp, Jackson Browne, The Clash, Prince, Michael Jackson, Jackson 5, KC and the Sunshine Band, Queen, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Flo Rida, Ludacris, Outkast, House of Pain, Shaggy, Sean Kingston, Jimmy Buffet, Lady Gaga, Sade...guess I could go on and on. Good stuff...

answered over 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I realize I am probably pretty pathetic for saying this in public, but I love running to show tunes :-)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • silence :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My very favorite is
    Kick Start my Heart. such a great beat for my pace.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I find that a natural push tempo for me is between 165-182 BPM. That being said...

Ain't Nothin' Wrong With That-Robert Rudolf and the Family Band
    About 10 songs by Anberlin...they like writing in that tempo
    A Favor House Atlantic-Coheed and Cambria
    Sugar Your Going Down-Fall Out Boy (takes a little of the edge off)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Wow, what a mix of listeners.

SOme of my favorite songs come from Afro-pop. very bouncy happy music.

Try Papa Wembe, Brenda Fassie, etc.

I also like some reggae, not reggaton. but with the reggae, I have to get careful, songs that I like to rock out to while cooking are generally not fast enough for running...

Also I like KISS, AC/DC, The Bellamy brothers, and Some Christian Pop. It is a normal day to have Ram Jam's Black Betty play out then be followed by the News Boys. Not really sure what that says about me!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • One More - Superchick
    Percussion Gun - White Rabbits
    Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
    Sandstorm - Darude
    Hang on to yourself - Bowie
    Die by the Drop - Dead Weather
    Hysteria - Muse
    Map of the Problematique - Muse
    Resistance - Muse
    Unnatural Selection - Muse
    MK Ultra - Muse
    Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
    Flat on the Floor - Nickelback
    The Perfect Drug - NIN
    Tetris Remix - Parkerman 1700
    We are the Champions - Queen
    Another one bites the dust - Queen
    Don't stop me now - Queen
    Fighter - Christina Aguilera
    Remember the Name - Fort Minor (Warning - language)
    Paper Planes - MIA
    The Climb - Miley Cyrus
    Ram Jam - Black Betty

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I listen to alot of different stuff cuz i listen to several genres. I like get up by chamillionaire feat. ciara. 1, 2 step by ciara. work it by missy elliott, lose control by missy elliott, get your freak on by missy elliot, the anthem by pittbull, cartoon heros off of dance dance revolution extreme, lean back by fat joe, this is how a heart breaks by rob thomas, whine up by Kat DeLuna feat. Elephant man, scotty doesn't know by sum 41, I believe in a thing called love by the darkness, magic by B.O.B., single by natasha benningfield, I need a hero by bonnie tyler. I know most of this stuff is newer so you might hate it but i know i listen to these probably the most :)

answered about 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • @Madiantin - I like your list

I would add -
    Uprising - Muse
    Power - Kanye West
    No Love - Eminem feat. Lil Wayne
    Bulletproof - La Roux
    Hailey's Song - Eminem
    The new workout plan - Kanye West
    King of anything - Sara Bareilles
    Dance, dance - Fall Out Boy
    21 Guns - Green Day
    Anything by U2

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Anything buy SKILLET - My fav. is MONSTER

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Had to come back and add this one:

Evolve - the Gatorade commercial. Yes, the gatorade commercial.

Here's the back story: I'm on the treadmill this morning attempting a tempo run. Half way through my last mile, when I was running out of gas, this commercial comes on. It sounds cheesy, but another gear kicked in out of nowhere. I love the lyrics.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Donna Sommers - Time to Say Goodbye - Techno

Most songs you like can be found in a disco or techno version, which gives a good beat to run to!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • surprised no one's mentioned it.

"Lose Yourself" by Eminem

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • whatever motivates ya. I actually need to change mine up. I have some slower, easy listening stuff that actually slows me down a little I think.. lol

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Here's a list of some of my favorites:

I've Done Everything For You / Rick Springfield -- 163
    How Far We've Come / Matchbox20-- 170
    The Longest Time / Billy Joel -- 168
    I'm Still Standing / Elton John -- 177
    Dancing With Myself / Billy Idol -- 177
    Juke Box Hero / Foreigner -- 176
    (She's) Sexy & 17 / Stray Cats -- 180
    Runnin' Down A Dream / Tom Petty - 170
    Love Is A Battlefield / Pat Benatar -- 170
    Footloose / Kenny Loggins -- 175
    I'm A Believer / The Monkees --161
    Maneater / Hall & Oates -- 178
    That's All / Genesis -- 176
    You Can't Hurry Love / Phil Collins -- 197
    What I Like About You / The Romantics -- 161
    Karma Chameleon / Culture Club -- 181
    Take On Me / a-ha -- 170
    Rich Girl / Hall & Oates -- 168
    Last Man Standing / Bon Jovi -- 165
    Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go / Wham! -- 164
    One Way Or Another / Blondie -- 159
    Young Turks / Rod Stewart -- 162
    The Metro / Berlin -- 170
    Rock This Town / Stray Cats -- 200

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • If you're looking to find the BPM of your favorite songs, this site will be your new best friend:

http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

Just play the song and tap along!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Christina Agulara, Pussycat Dolls, Eminem, Brittany Spears, and some country like Toby Keiths "she's a hottie" and "American Ride", Brad Paisley "Online" among many others...

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Third Day - Long time coming.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I really like the Vitamin String Quartet. There are no lyrics, but it's really wonderful running music.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My problem is that my favorite songs to "run" to (in quotes since I'm just getting started on C25K) are also my favorite dance songs, so I'm a little too tempted to snap into a salsa or sneak in some shimmy when I need to be focused on my running form!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • For me, it's all about tempo rather than inspirational lyrics, so my random selection is :

Yellow - Coldplay
    No One - Alicia Keys
    Stay With Me - Erasure
    Strawberry Swing - Coldplay
    Get Back - Ludacris (can't get Tom Cruise's dance in Tropic Thunder out of my mind though)
    Stop For A Minute - Keane
    Magic Magic - BoB

Every time I hear one of these songs, even on a really long run, I drop into it's tempo, and don't slow down again until the song's over.

But that's my tempo - you need to find your own and your song list might be very different

Ian.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • A few from my race/speedwork playlist:

--Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen
    --The Sky Is Crying (Live), Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
    --Freedom, Jimi Hendrix
    --Starin' Through My Rear View, Tupac
    --Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Monster Magnet
    --Gimme Shelter, The Rolling Stones
    --Death Around The Corner, Tupac
    --I'm Gonna Getcha Good, Shania Twain
    --There Goes The Neighborhood, Sheryl Crow
    -- Crossfire, Stevie Ray Vaughn
    -- 1,2,3,4 Feist
    --Hurricane, Bob Dylan

This is a strange, strange mix, but I run measurably faster when I listen to some of these!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • So many great ideas on here... some of these will be repeats, but my current faves to run to are:

Lose Yourself - Eminem
    I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
    Sandstorm - darude (great for intervals)
    Paper Planes - MIA (from Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack)
    I'm Running -Misstress Barbara
    Fix You - Cold Play
    Open Happiness
    Poker Face - Lady Gaga

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Anything that interests you and has a decent pace will work. Lately I've been finding dance music is helping me increase my pace (I'm a newbie runner) which is not the music I normally listen to, but I'm starting to like it.

Runnin' and Rock You by Jesse McCartney
    Lose Yourself by Eminem
    Best of You by Foo Fighters
    Bawitdaba by Kid Rock
    It's My Life & Everyday by Bon Jovi
    The Last Mile & Second Wind by Cinderella
    Live Like You Were Dying & My Next Thirty Years by Tim McGraw
    U + Ur Hand by Pink
    Much Too Young Too Feel This Danm Old by Garth Brooks

Have Fun and Keep Runnin

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I love working out to Green Day. My PowerSong on my Nike+ GPS is "Holiday" but with a twist - the version I like best is from their Broadway musical AMERICAN IDIOT. I love the vocals and arrangements on that song. My workout playlists vary from rock to hip-hop to dance to pop to Broadway showtunes. The playlist I listen to depends on how I'm feeling that day and what I'm doing (spinning or running), but I always sneak in one or two of the following - something from Green Day, Christina Aguilera ("Fighter," "Dirrty," or "Not Myself Tonight"), Flo Rida's "Club Can't Handle Me" and Eminem's "Lose Yourself."

I like perusing through InTheGym.net for music inspiration...I found a lot of great workout music through it!!!

answered about 4 years ago |edited about 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • One song that I just discovered is an awesome song to run to (at least for me) is

Paint It, Black--The Rolling Stones

I never had it on my "workout" playlist before but I was shuffling all my songs and when it came on I noticed I was running faster and enjoying my run more.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • While I like a lot of music, some bands I can not really work out to.... for instance, THE RAMONES. My fave to work out to is MILES DAVIS 1970's jazz-rock fusion. Also, THE STANDELLS, and some obscure reggae such as LEE "SCRATCH PERRY", and also "London Calling" era of the CLASH.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I really love to run to the Black Eyed Peas and also a cd that I have made with 80's rock or metal... GnR Welcome to the Jungle is one of my fave :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I recently started running to songs from The Matrix soundtrack! Actually more songs from Matrix Reloaded-like "Furious Angels" --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWePX39R40 and "Clubbed to Death" --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFS4zYWxzNA also "Mona Lisa Overdrive" --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76OlAlULBEc although OVerdrive doesn't really get moving until about 2 minutes into the song. I love this because they are long songs and help keep me focused while I"m running. :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • A little slow, but great motivation during warm ups: Dare you to Run by Switchfoot

Fun, quick beat: Almost anything Beach Boys

Fun with a quick tempo: It's Raining Men by the Weather Girls

Quick tempo, inspiring: I am Free by the newsboys

I discovered interval training with my ipod last spring. Slow tempo song for warm up. Skip through for a quick tempo for one song, skip through for another slow song for recovery, Repeat until distance is finished. End with a slow song.

answered about 4 years ago |edited about 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • remember the name - fort minor

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Why break that habit? I bring mine on every race! I'd lose my damn mind without it! IDK about anyone else but I find that I run better/longer when Im listening to slower, less aggressive music but definitely fluctuate with more aggressive music. Call me weird, but my favorite slower album is The National: High Violet. This guy sounds like he overdosed on sleeping pills before he recorded it but, for some reason, I always end up beating my expected time when I run to it. My favorite faster one is Chevelle's Sci-Fi Crimes, especially Letter from a Thief. I dont care how tired I am, when taht one goes from the quiet bridge to the chorus, my ass is RUNNING!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Ok, I have to add a few more:

How could I forget this one? Born to Run by the Boss

And great reminder/motivator on those tough days: Fat Bottom Girls by ZZ Top

Just flat out fun: Breakfast by the newsboys

There are many others that I love to run to, too numerous to mention or even remember except in the middle of a run when the apprpriate song comes on!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • When I do run with music which is far and few between on of my favorite songs is Stranglehold by Ted Nugent especially if I need some motivation

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I visit this and another music thread often t update my playlist ( I get bored easy)

current rotation -

Super chick - One more (DM recommendation) - I love this song now
    Eminem - No love
    Eminem - Spacebound
    Kelis - Bossy
    Far East Movement - Like a G6
    Usher - Hot tottie
    Rihanna - Only girl in the world
    Amerie - 1 thing
    Linkin Park - Numb
    Gorrilaz - Feel good inc.
    Kanye West - Monster

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I love to run with music also. My two favorite songs currently are:

Bon Jovi - Superman Tonight
    Melissa Ethridge - Fearless Love

Also Journey-Don't Stop Believin and Separate Ways are great too.

Thank you Jenny P. for suggesting the Matrix Soundtrack songs. I will definitely be adding those!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The Crimson by Atreyu
    Breathe Into Me and Death of Me by Red
    Wake Up by KJ 52
    Fall Back by Lacrae
    I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin
    Godspeed by Anberlin
    I like mostly rock and occasionally rap, these songs always get my adrenaline pumping and goosebumps up my arms. lol

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I select all of my running music by tempo, and like songs in the 164 - 185 range. I also have a few songs in the 190+ range that are fun, but I can't keep up with those for long! Adam Ant's 'Goody Two Shoes' is great for getting me to pick my feet up quickly!

A couple of other favorites besides the ones I posted earlier:

Mary Jane's Last Dance / Tom Petty - 170
    Runnin' Down A Dream / Tom Petty - 170
    Time Warp / Rocky Horror - 172

And my current absolute favorite to run with:

Such Great Heights / The Postal Service - 175

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I downloaded the Nike running series of original music and it's great. I used the Crystal Method track for yesterday's treadmill workout and I found it very motivational.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Nike_Original_Run_series

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'd say almost anything from Streetlight Manifesto...fast beats, good lyrics, and catchy tunes. I'd be most, if not all, have never heard of them. Look 'em up...it's worth it.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have a lot of stuff I like to listen to, but I get the biggest boost out of almost anything by Van Halen. Especially "Dreams" and "Right Now." To me, both are just energetic and uplifting songs that can pull me out of the worst funk while running.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • andrew w.k.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like mostly pop & some hip hop songs with a fast beat. Here is what is on my ipod right now:

Blah, Blah, Blah - Kesha
    Rockstar - Hannah Montana
    The Best Damn Thing - Avril Lavigne
    Single Ladies - Beyonce
    Candyman - Christina Aguilera
    Tik Tok - Kesha
    We R Who We R - Kesha
    Misery Business - Paramore
    My Life Would Suck without you - Kelly Clarkson
    3 - Britney Spears
    So What - Pink
    Take it off - Kesha
    Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
    HotNCold - Katy Perry
    Womanizer - Britney Spears
    Let's Go - Trick Daddy
    Aint No Other Man - Christina Aguilera
    Poker Face - Lady Gaga
    Cant Be Tamed - Miley Cyrus
    Just Dance - Lady Gaga
    When I grow up - Pussy Cat dolls
    Lady Marmalade - Christina Aguilera & Co
    I know you want me - Pit Bull
    Snap Yo Fingers - Little Jon
    What's Your Fantasy - Ludacris
    Dirrty - Christina Aguilera

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Pioneers by Bloc Party and Nueva Cumbia songs all the way.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • - Run through the Jungle - Creedence Clearwater Revival
    - Where the Streets Have No Name - U2
    - Life in the Fast Lane - The Eagles
    - Back in Black - AC/DC
    - Conquest of Paradise & Titans - Vangelis
    - Sabotage - Beastie Boys
    - Long Cool Woman - Hollies
    - She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
    - Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
    - Ramble On & Trampled Underfoot - Led Zeppelin

answered almost 4 years ago |edited almost 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Jo
    Jo Sendmail

Here are some of my contributions : http://runhardeatclean.blogspot.com/

answered almost 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • cheap Air Jordan Shoes( http://www.chinashoesstore.com )
    cheap nike shoes,sneakers( www.chinashoesstore.com )
    cheap nike kid,women shoes ( www.chinashoesstore.com )
    cheap Jordan Force Fusion shoes,( www.chinashoesstore.com )
    cheap Jordan 16.5 Force Fusion shoes ( www.chinashoesstore.com )
    cheap Jordan 9 Force Fusion shoes ( www.chinashoesstore.com )
    cheap Jordan 14 Force Fusion shoes ( www.chinashoesstore.com )

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • www.saleshoeschina.com cheap wholesale ED Hardy DG LV Brand name Belts Sunglasses...

www.saleshoeschina.com wholesale cheap DG Fendi Dior Burberry Cartier Mont Ray.Ban Versace Gucci Prada Chanel Louis

Vuitton Ed Hardy Nike Adidas Armani Police Sunglasses Armani Gucci Boss Versace Dsquared Diesel Playboy Bape Prada Dior Louis

Vuitton Hermes Ed Hardy Chanel Belts...

Our website: www.saleshoeschina.com

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I know it sounds cliche.. but Eye of the Tiger gets me moving faster every time it pops on :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I usually don't really like dance or trance music, but I surprising found I like it when I run. Helps me zone out. I also like driving rock music. I also like really fast and driving U2 songs.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like hip hop the best! Anything fast. I run down the road pretending I have turn tables and I'm scratching records. I'm sure its a sight to see, I'd probably laugh at myself if I saw it.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Lately I find I can run really good to Shakira and Katy Perry :)

Anything with a beat you would normally dance to will make you want to move more.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Changer - Costa Brava
    Mat Zo - Rush (original)
    Any Ting Ting's song.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hung up--Madonna
    mObscene-Marilyn Manson
    Sabotage-Beastie Boys
    Bodyrock--Moby
    Mann gegen Mann--Rammstein
    Du Hast--Rammstein
    Higher Ground--The Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Lose Yourself--Eminem
    I was made for lovin' you--Kiss
    Pump it, I gotta feeling, Bom Bom Pow by the BEP
    Stronger--Kanye West
    A little less conversation--Elvis Presley
    New Year's Day-U2
    Fire Woman-The Cult

answered almost 4 years ago |edited almost 4 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • a lot of upbeat music, from rock to rap to dance and house beat...

samples are... Enter Sandman(Metallica) Welcome To The Jungle(Gun's N Roses)
    Without Me(Eminem) In The End(Linkin Park) Breathe( Prodigy) and lots more...

busted 2 ipod shuffles already because of excessive sweating

now... no more worries, got a new waterproof sony walkman! :-)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My current favorite:

http://soundcloud.com/funkagenda/funkagenda-live-sensation-celebrate-life-nye

Soundcloud in general is a good place to download free house and trance mixes (by professional producers).

----------------------------------
    Tom - developer of runtunes
    http://twitter.com/#!/runtunes
    http://runtunesapp.com

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • anything by rage against the machine i find gets me moving faster. also like florence + the machine, arctic monkeys and the kinks. thanks for some suggestions though, will definitely be adding some!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm not sure listening to any music or any other thing is advisable when running or biking. You cannot hear what is going on around you. That could prove unsafe and dangerous. While biking, I've had runner cut in front of me on a path after yelling "passing on the left" simply because they had ear buds blocking outside sounds. Personally, I've trained for several marathons, half-marathons, centuries, 24-hour bike races, etc. and never once felt the need to have any outside "entertainment" or sounds. I am never bored with my own company and find that having an awareness of what is going on around me (especially traffic) is more important than listening to the Beach Boys or CCR. I can do that on my bike trainer in the basement.
    Just my opinion after 30+ years experience running and biking long distances.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have to agree with everyone who is answering anything that motivates you. My favs right now are:
    anything by Lady Gaga
    Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z & Alicia Keys
    It's a Beautiful Day by U2
    Fighter by Christina Aguilera
    Live your Life by T.I featuring Rihanna

Some of these have a slow beat, but the lyrics are motivating to me so they make me run fast. Good luck!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • "Rip It Up" by Jet is awesome.

A recent trend that I've discovered for myself is that I really like to run to what I'm calling hand-clap music - tunes with a 'reliable' hand-clap throughout. A particularly good example for me is "Dog Days are Over" by Florence and the Machine.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I downloaded a program called "wave pad sound editor". It lets you import songs, then you can speed them up or slow them down to match the pace you want. (I figured out the bpms using that tapping website someone mentioned earlier, then calculated how much to change the speed to make the bpms correct). This way, you can choose songs you ENJOY listening to and make them the right speed rather than finding songs that are the right speed and hoping you like them.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I sometimes listen to Dave Matthews. Some of their songs really get me pumped. Some are kinda dirty, which is also motivating... *chuckles* gotta get that hot body!!!

Some Outkast songs are good too - Bombs over Bahgdad is AWESOME for cycling/spin!

Sometimes I listen to love songs that piss me off - gets you pumped.

Ratatat is awesome, lots of good beats!

Mystikal - Bouncin' Back

Kings of Leon are a fav of mine too.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Who says you Have to break the habit of running to music? No rules! Running should be enjoyed and if music makes you enjoy it all the more than heck, don't change that. Personally, I keep all my music on my ipod. I like it on shuffle so I don't know what type of music is coming next..slow, fast, variety of genres from pop to country to rock..I like how it changes my pace and also changes my thoughts, etc. throughout a run. Some days no music feels good, too. So do podcasts! Anything goes...just get out there and do it!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Lose Yourself--Eminem
    Don't Stop Me Now--Queen
    Slit Skirts--Pete Townsend
    I Gotta Feeling--Black Eyed Peas
    Gabe Dixon Band--Far From Home
    Justin Timberlake--Rock Your Body
    Matchbox 20--Rock Your Body

Lots more!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Becks Loser. I love the irony. Losers don't run/walk/try to improve themselves in any way.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Eve
    Eve Sendmail

Ramstien's Liebe ist für alle da has some great ones on it. try Führe Mich, and Donaukinder amazing! Also Rag and bone from whites stripes album Icky thump. The lost tapes white stripes album has some remixes at the end that are fun to run to. Steve Earl Copperhead road. Kodachrome by paul simon. Bright Lights Bigger City and wildflower from Cee lo. kenny chesney somewhere with you. Sang Fézi by wyclef for a cool down is nice.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • A few from today's run:

Indestructible - Disturbed
    Escapist - Nightwish
    Gasoline - Parmalee
    Emergency - Tenpenny Joe
    Light Years Away - Joe Satriani
    These Words - Deepfield
    Slow Down - Copperfield
    Restless - Bastien Laval
    Ghosts of Days Gone By - Alter Bridge
    Another Day - Sophie May
    Switch On - Oakenfold

Among others.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I run with an Ipod every time, but only listen to Podcasts. People talking will not affect the pace or cadence of the run and it gives my mind something to think about while I'm out there plodding along in the dark night.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Queen - 'Don't Stop Me Now'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

Stone Cold Believer by 38 Special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvybTu0yoVM

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • One more - The Rasputin Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4LhGx1YPBs

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • What's My Name ...Rihanna & Drake
    Gimme Dat ... Ciara
    Black and Yellow ...Wiz Khalifa
    No Hands ... Waka Flocka Flame
    Just a Dream ... Nelly
    Bottoms Up ... Trey Songz & Nicki Minaj
    Alcohol ... Brad Paisley
    Somebody Like You ... Keith Urban
    Hot Mama ... Trace Adkins
    Undo It ... Carrie Underwood

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • She Wolf, Shakira
    Sexy Bitch, Akon
    Say Hey -M. Franti
    Don't Stop the Music- Rhianna
    Music Sounds better with you-D Punk'd
    The Way I are- Timbaland
    Dog Days are Over- Lungs, Florence + the machine
    Cooler than Me- Mike Posner

I need some new music mine's getting boring

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Ole
    Ole Sendmail

For me running to music is more about the tempo of each song than the song itself. I have made my own running app, RecordBeater, for android phones, that detects my cadence and plays music with a matching rhythm. Check out: www.recordbeater.com for more about the app and links to good running music.

Some of my favourites:
    Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire (153bpm)
    Nephew - 007 is also gonna die (150bpm)
    Avril Lavigne - Skaterboy (149bpm)
    Sportunes - Siliicon Nature (156bpm)

answered over 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Deb
    Deb Sendmail

One of the best songs to run to is Marathon Man by Rush...it really tells the story of a marathon runner and has a great beat.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My wife likes to listen to really upbeat songs. I like to run to songs I know by heart. Helps take my mind out of it sometimes. www.myracesticker.com

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • You never have to quit running with your music, great music and a runners high can't be beat, I've been doing it for 34 years from soft rock to heavy metal and I timed myself and if you really like the music, I haven't found a time difference between music. My daughter runs competitively in college on a full ride scholarship and runs / x train over 70 miles a week with her Ipod. She is one of the top runners in her conference for distance in XC and track. Music makes an excellent training partner.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Electric Worry by the band Clutch; Lifetime fitness used it in the promotion for the Leadville Trail 100 Race Across the Sky movie last fall.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I run to everything. Techo, Rap, Country, Rock n Roll. I like it all. depends on what mood I am in. Well Good luck to ya.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Mustang Sally is a good song to run to...anything by the Rolling Stones does the trick too!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Girl Talk - I listened to Feed The Animals every time I ran last year. This year he has a new album out so it is good to change it up. Just constant beat to keep you going

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Best songs !! Have a good question !
    Just the best :

- Black eyes peas
    - David Guetta
    - U2

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Girl talk, rolling stones - paint it black, gorillaz - stylo, the prodigy, shakira, ... Anything with around 180 beats per minute.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Love everyones varied replies especially running to show tunes. I run no further than 5k so like uptempo stuff. My fave at the mo is Something Good is gonna happen by Utah Saints. It's the remix of the Kate bush song.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • What a fun list!

I pick all up-beat songs, even for my long runs. I have a couple Eminem songs but most of my songs are some kind of punk/alternative/whatever you want to call it.

My mile 12 songs include Rage Against the Machine so when I'm feeling tired I can sing "F* you I won't do what you tell me..." It gives me just enough push to keep going.

Cursive, Criteria, Hawthorne Heights, Boy Sets Fire, Rage Against the Machine, Cage the Elephant....all bands that have a couple songs on my long run play list.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like listening to world pop. It helps my mind wander to faraway lands.
    Especially when flying is not what it used to be :(

Opa opa by antique. Greek
    Olacak olacak by demet akalin. Turkish
    Bebek by demet akalin. Turkish
    Yalan by candan ercetin. Turkish
    Merhaba merhaba by murat dalkilic. Turkish
    Sevdik sevdalandik by reyhan karaca. Turkish
    Rise up by yves larock. Also called da jumprope song

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like this song to get me moving... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6FV2qR2TY. Bang, Bang, Bang, Vamanos, Vamanos.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Don't run with music anymore, but I used to love Outkast - Bombs over Baghdad and Black Eyed Peas - Mas Que Nada. To slow it down a little my fav is LL Cool J - Around the Way Girl

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • No one gets left behind - Five finger death punch
    Blow-Ke$ha
    Bad Company- Bad Company or five finger death punch
    Renegade-Styx
    Family Affair- Mary J Blige
    Lose yourself - Eminem

I like a lot of different things. but the mix always make me smile and I tend to sing along as I go down the road. Don't even think of the run or the weather.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • songs you can sing along with, so they keep your mind off the run and plus youll have more fun with it.. ive noticed if your mind is off the run and you have bum knees you wont feel the pain while singing along

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • U2. Electrical and Bad are my favorites

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Girl Talk's new one ALL Day is really a good beat. My fav's include Airbourne's Runnin hot, buckcherry's frontside, bullet for my valentines pleasure and pain, Janes addiction's been caught stealing, Jet's Are you gonna be my girl, Linkin Parks No way Points of Authority, and Given Up, Hollywood Undead's Comin' in Hot, Apololgize, No other place, California and lump your head.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hotel Yorba - White Stripes
    Mess Around - Ray Charles
    A Little Less Conversation - Elvis
    The Impression That I Get - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Animal - Pearl Jam
    Bed For The Scraping - Fugazi
    Fresh Lila - G Love and Special Sauce

answered over 3 years ago |edited over 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Sometimes you just need that power-song to get you through a hill or push you to the end of a run. Here are my favorite standbys. As strange as they may seem... they do the trick. Turn 'em up and rock the run :)

F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X- Fall of Troy
    Crazy B****- Buck Cherry
    Goodnight, Goodnight- Hot Hot Heat
    Misery Business- Paramore
    Rolling in the Deep -Adele

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Bob Marley and the Wailers
    Grateful Dead- but I listen to the dead for about anything
    Sam Bush or Newgrass revival

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Tool - Rosetta Stoned

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I can't believe nobody has mentioned "Gonna Fly Now", the theme from "Rocky".

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I have been using the "Run Lola Run" soundtrack lately.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Lately Lady Gaga (Born this Way) and The Hives (Hate to Say I Told You So) have been making for some quick runs for me...

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I usually run without music, but sometimes, when I just want to groove, I'll play the Afghan Whigs' Black Love. Nothing like some grunge-rock infused motown soul to set the tone for a mid-distance tempo run.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • What a fun thread! I love reading what music other runners listen to.
    As many people have said, you have to find your perfect pace to find the "best" songs to run to.
    I listen to a mix of a lot of different stuff. It's hard for me to even pick my favorites. But, I certainly have some suggestions. I have found that I really like to run to movie soundtracks. Some of my favorites are: "Trainspotting" (a good mix of different tempos, I especially love the song "For What You Dream Of" by Bedrock), Tron Legacy (a good soundtrack for long runs with a slower pace) and "Run Lola Run". I recently ran to the "Fight Club" soundtrack... it was ok, but I kinda felt like the world was falling apart around me and that didn't make for the best peaceful running experience.
    I've seen many people mention The Black Eyed Peas and I totally agree; they have great running beats. I also like (love, maybe) Lady Gaga. For slower runs I will sometimes go with Dido because that's what I listened to when I first got into running and I feel like her music kind of takes me back to my running roots.
    I came across a website that makes training music at certain beats per minute. It is mainly techno music and has some "coaching" mixed in with it. It sounds a little dorky, but I've found that it helps me to either pace myself or push myself, depending on the track. http://www.audiofuel.co.uk/free-running-music.html This link will take you to a page where you can download some free music to get a taste of it. I bought one of the interval sessions and I love it.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • After a friend of mine (who finished his first Ironman) send me this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnqpYKx8Fvk&feature=related
    I began running to the song 'Till I Collapse, by Eminem. It gets me going. I also like pretty much any from Black Eyed Peas.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I couldn't just listen to random songs on a run, I always do albums... But i have found that no matter the kind of music I always do best if I just really love the Album. I run at a good pace with Matt and Kim (super fast indy/pop group, Matt on the keyboard, and Kim is a BEAST on the drums) but i keep just as good a pace with soft rock or folk music such as The Tallest Man On Earth or Iron and Wine. As long as I really like the album, the running will keep me pumped. (Today was Pinkerton by Weezer) ... oh, and i wanted to add that if anybody is running on roads like me, its usually a good idea to get a small speaker for your mp3 player or just play off your phone speaker, when i would use headphones cars would sneak up on me, and I really didn't like that.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • BEP ! for sure in my playlist.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • You will eventually sever the IPOD connection.... now's a great time to start. Hear the world around you. Hear your breathing and your pulse! Then you know you are really moving.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Great thread! I find I enjoy Rob Zombie, Lady Gaga, and some industrial techo stuff a friend has given me (like Hit Me Hard Hit Me Fast by Noisuf-X). I am definitely going to get a number of good ideas after reading through this and can't wait to get home and start downloading some new tunes!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • www.pickmaxshoes.com is a professional online shoe shop specializing Nike Air Max shoes with low price and guaranteed quality. Our main produts are: Nike Air Max Shoes,Air Max 90,Air max 95, air max 2009,Air max 2011,Air max 24-7,air max 87,air max TN,BW,air max 2010,air max zenyth,air max skyline, air max structure triax 91,air maxtrainer 1+low,air max Taiwind 2009,air max 180,Air Max Griffey 2011,Air Pegasus 89, Air Waffle Trainer,Air Max Terra Ninety,2012 shoes. asics onitsuka tiger shoes, Asics Mexico 66,Asics MINI,NFL Jerseys ......They are very popular and sell well online with reasonable price, high quality and best service. Welcome to www.pickmaxshoes.com and get more details about more products. Nike shoes are chosen by many people all the time. If you also love Nike Shoes, http://www.pickmaxshoes.com is a good choice. If you have any question,Please contact pickmaxshoes@hotmail.com Free Shipping Paypal payment wholesale and retail.

Nike Air Max 90
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-90--s233/
    Nike Air Max 95
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-95--s234/
    Nike Air Max 97
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-97-s235/
    Nike Air Max 87
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-87-s236/
    Nike Air Zenyth
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Zenyth-s242/
    Nike Air Max 180
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-180--s237/
    Nike air max 2012
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-air-max-2012-s259/
    Nike air max 2011
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-air-max--2011-s230/
    Nike Air Max 2010
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max--2010--s231/
    Nike Air Max 2009
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max--2009---s232/
    Nike Air Max 24-7
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-24-7-s229/
    Nike Air Max 2003
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-2003-s261/
    Nike Air Max TN
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-TN--s239/
    Nike Air Max LTD
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-LTD-s240/
    Nike Air Max BW
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Max-BW-s241/
    Nike Air Pegasus 89
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Pegasus-89-s264/
    Air Max Griffey 2011
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Air-Max-Griffey-2011-s258/
    Nike Air Waffle Trainer
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Waffle-Trainer-s265/
    Air Max Terra Ninety
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Air-Max-Terra-Ninety-s266/
    Nike Air Skyline
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Skyline-s243/
    Nike Air Structure Triax 91
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Nike-Air-Structure-Triax-91-s244/
    Air Max Trainer 1+ Low
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Air-Max-Trainer-1+-Low-s262/
    Air Max Tailwind 2009
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Air-Max-Tailwind-2009-s245/
    Womens Air Max 24-7
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-24-7--s246/
    Air Max Tailwind 2010
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Air-Max-Tailwind-2010-s257/
    Womens Air Max 2012
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-2012-s260/
    Womens Air Max 2011
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-2011--s247/
    Womens Air Max 2010
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-2010--s248/
    Womens Air Max 2009
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-2009--s249/
    Womens Air Max 95
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-95--s250/
    Womens Air Max 90
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-90--s251/
    Womens Air Max BW
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-BW--s252/
    Womens Air Max TN
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Womens-Air-Max-TN-s254/
    Asics Onitsuka Tiger
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Asics-Onitsuka-Tiger-c74/
    Asics Mexico 66
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Asics-Mexico-66-s267/
    Asics Onitsuka Tiger MINI
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/Asics-MINI-s268/
    NFL Jerseys
    http://www.pickmaxshoes.com/NFL-Jerseys-c77/

FAQ
    Payment
    For customers’safety, we take Western Union/Money Gram and Paypal the payment method.

Shipment
    All the items in our store are free shipping.
    Item will be shipped out as soon as payment cleared and tracking number will be provided for you within 12 business hours after shipping
    Delivery will take approx. 5-7 business days.

Return Policy
    If you don't satisfy with the quality, you are allowed to return the item within 7 days after receipt, then we will issue you a full refund or exchange accordingly.

If any questions, please feel free to contact us!

web site: http://www.pickmaxshoes.com

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • 80's rock = best running tunes. Almost as good as running with no music! On an unrelated note, I sing "Hey Jude" out loud when I run sometimes. People stare at me like I'm crazy.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Recent relevant thread of conversation over at Reddit.com: "What is the one song that makes you feel absolutely badass while listening to it?"

As of 7-15-11, there were 6,782 comments. A helpful soul compiled the top 75 songs based on the top-voted comments.

Looking at the list...yup, a lot of that is pretty badass, and would help me on a run.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/ikvm2/what_is_the_one_song_that_makes_you_feel/

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I found one the other day, not sure if it is a great running song but it kind of cracks me up. It is called "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People. That is my favorite at the moment...

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Rob Zombie - Dragula. I dare anyone to listen to that song and slow their pace. Not possible!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I don't listen to music while running much anymore but my absolute favorite song to Start my run is 'Power' by Kanye West. The beat is perfect for my pace. After that, I like some Red Hot Chili Peppers [song: Can't Stop], Interpol [PDA], The Killers [This River is Wild], U2 [Sunday Bloody Sunday], Arcade Fire [The Suburbs], Santogold [L.E.S. Artistes], Donnis [Gone], Florence + The Machine [Dog Days are Over], Wiz Khalifa [Black & Yellow], Mumford & Sons [Little Lion Man], T.I. [That's All She Wrote] and Lil Wayne [A Milli] [. Just to name of a few.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • i love all the Pendulum songs. Theyre a little bit techno/rock. Pretty sweet and great beat!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like upbeat tunes...we got the beat--the gogo's, upbeat songs by 'the cure' like friday I'm in love', beyonce-'all the single ladies' and for some reason 'running on empty' as it reminds me of the scene in forrest gump when he goes running. Anything with an upbeat, energizing kind of effect! Nothing wrong with running with tunes!Ran many marathons with tunes!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • "how you like me now?" by heavy. just turn it up and think of everyone who ever said or did anything mean to you and is now fat, lazy and slow. smile. run faster.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'll post it here too

Check out runthebodyelectric.blogspot.com
    It's a blog that aims to find songs that are easy and enjoyable to run to that might get missed on a lot of mixes. The tempos run the gamut, but new songs are posted daily. Everything from rock to rap to dance.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Rollin' by Limp Bizkit- if you get bored, you can count the number of 'f' words to pass the time.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • "Racer X" by Big Black is my current favorite. There's a lot of suitable Big Black/Shellac material, as metronome-like timing is a signature of Albini's bands.

When I'm nearing the end of a long race, I sometimes like to throw on Andrew W.K.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • A more current song is Dog Days Are Over by Florence + The Machine.

"Run fast for your mother,
    Run fast for your father,
    Run fast for your children,
    for your sister and your brothers"

Great song to start running to cause it starts out slow paced and speeds up :)
    Really motivating song!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My chengdu massage service Will Reduces Your Fatigue
    <a href="http://www.massage-chengdu.org/&quot;&gt;&lt;img alt="" src="http://img03.blogcu.com/images/s/h/a/shanda123/7ced65da9c04996d99aadc5ee25e7543_1314068242.jpg&quot; style="width: 546px; height: 600px; " /></a>Hi Guys!! My name is <a href="http://www.massage-chengdu.org&quot;&gt;chengdu massage girl</a> Jane. I am a top class <a href="http://www.massage-chengdu.org&quot;&gt;chengdu escort girl</a>. I am a very attractive girl with great breasts, a small waist and a nice tight ass. You will go crazy when you meet me, also my skin is so silky and I my hands are so smooth and flexible.</div>
    <div>
    &nbsp;</div>
    <div>
    I offer stress<a href="http://www.massage-chengdu.org&quot;&gt; releasing massages</a> other services request. You will not be disappointed.</div>
    <div>
    <a href="http://www.massage-chengdu.org&quot;&gt;chendu massage service</a></div>
    <div>
    &nbsp;</div>
    <p>
    <a href="http://www.massage-chengdu.org/&quot;&gt;http://www.massage-chengdu.org/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • can't stop by red hot chilli peppers

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • We will rock you by Queen- the three beat is ace for running! And All my Life by the Foo Fighters!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I couldn't imagine anything worse than running without music!! I listen to lots of dance/trrance stuff, the fast beats and crescendos always help to keep me going and when I get near the end and think I can't go on, there's always a special track top get a last minute adrenaline rush!!

answered about 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • FWIW, my running playlist is at: http://www.runinamerica.com/2011/08/my-running-playlist.html

Additionally, if I'm working to increase my running cadence towards my 180 steps/minute cadence I listen to the excellent Podrunner podcast, which offers techno-music at that same beat, which is very helpful since one's legs automatically synchronize!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I don't think you need to break this habit, unless you're listening to music while running with a partner or in a group. Then you're just being a jerk (but, that's my view). I just made a playlist of songs to run to and I'll list it for you here:
    Back in the Saddle- Aerosmith
    Born to Run- Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
    Speed of Sound- Coldplay
    No One Like You- David Crowder Band
    The Long Run- The Eagles
    I Ran- A Flock of Seagulls
    Know Your Enemy- Green Day
    Mombasa- Hans Zimmer (from the soundtrack to the movie Inception)
    Search and Destroy- Iggy Pop
    Love Song for a Savior- Jars of Clay
    Run- Kutless
    Easier to Run- Kutless
    I Disappear- Metallica
    Glorious- Newsboys
    I Am Free- Newsboys
    Ran So Hard the Sun Went Down- Otis Taylor
    Run to You- Plus One
    No One Knows- Queens of the Stone Age
    Higher Ground- Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Hero- Skillet
    Run to You- Third Day
    Vertigo- U2
    You Really Got Me- Van Halen
    Woman- Wolfmother
    1B- Meyer (from Yo-Yo Ma's Classic Yo-Yo album)
    La Grange- ZZ Top

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Eminem: Till I Collapse!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Whiskey in the Jar - Off Kilter.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Girls (Who Run the World) - Beyonce
    Moves like Jagger -
    Better than dem - Beenie Man
    Kini Big Deal - Naeto C
    Forget you - Cee-Lo
    I'm into You - J-Lo
    B.O.B - Outkast

answered almost 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • depends on my mood. But alot of my music lately has been going between She Wants Revenge, and Deadmau5.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Here's some good ones from my iPod: "Timebomb" by Beck. "Cinnamon Girl" by Neil Young. "Bohemian Like You" by Dandy Warhols. "Parklife" by Blur. "The Passenger" or "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop. "Tighten Up" or "Howlin for You" by the Black Keys. "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by Dropkick Murphys. "Jailbreak" by Thin Lizzy. "Finer Feelings" or "My Little Japanese Cigarette Case" by Spoon. "My Old School" by Steely Dan. "Strict Machine" by Goldfrapp. "Seed 2.0" by the Roots "Necessito" by Some Girls. "Nth Degree" by Morningwood. Hope these are helpful!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Various, lately I finish my runs on Nina Simone "Sinnerman".
    I look for remixes and songs I like on youtube and then download it as mp3 for my iPod, with this site: http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Also mix a few songs together using Virtual DJ to get a good 10-15 mix.

answered almost 3 years ago |edited almost 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I run to it all........depending on the day and how I feel. There is nothing like live music however. I have a live playlist on my iPod. It gets you going when you hear that crowd. Springsteen, Seger, Journey all live.....

answered almost 3 years ago |edited almost 3 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My top songs as of recently are:

The Countdown by Beyonce
    Marry the Night by Lady Gaga
    When She Turns 18 by Christian TV
    Super Bass by Niki Minaj
    Take Care by Drake
    Swag by David Banner

And there are so many others! I feel that those keep me super motivated.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Looks like Laura's playlist ran out... No workouts posted in over a year... Too bad. That said I think everyone should at some point make the attempt to run music-less. To my mind if it's the music that is motivating you or distracting you, then on some level you aren't really enjoying the running itself... And if you don't enjoy the running then there's a risk that someday you'll just quit.

Myself, after 30-something years of running, I've always found the daily trot to be a good time to just be alone with my thoughts and clear my head... Think through the stuff that needs thinking. I highly recommend it for some of you ipoders out there...

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Manchester Orchestra - "Virgin" is the best new song - otherwise, anything with James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich - aka Metallica.

Then, when that's run it's course bust out Kid Rock's "Cocky". This is by far the best song for rehab post injury since it starts out "Guess Who's Back" but be prepared for an R Rating due to Kid's multiple conjugations of the F Bomb :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I run with Lady Gaga, Kathy Perry, Eminem, Pink, ... but one song that makes me run faster would be Ave Maria by P!nk

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I agree with Baby Got Back and Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Boom; also Pump It
    M&M -- Lose yourself
    Guns & Roses -- cover of Sympathy for the Devil; Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child of Mine
    Poison - Poisoned - great covers
    Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell
    Wall Flowers - One Headlight
    Let me know your Faves--Sandy

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I found Dubstep Music being to best to run to because of the beats. It keeps me going when I hit the wall:)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Tom Petty's Running Down a Dream. Perfect Tempo for that last mile.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Girl Talk!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Here's a very tiny random sample (Arcade Fire, Lostprophets, Jimmy Eat World, Hot Hot Heat) but the ones I'm really loving for runs right now: She Wants Revenge - "I Don't Wanna Fall in Love", LMFAO - "Party Rock" (and yes, I've been known to clap when they tell me to!), and as much as it pains me to admit this, Ke$ha - "Blow". Anything with a good driving beat works for me.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • You don't necessarily HAVE to not run with an ipod....right? I wouldn't run if I didn't have mine.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • So many but this one that comes to mind - When You're Falling by Afro Celt Sound System. Peter Gabriel sings lead.

I'll return with other suggestions as they come to mind!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Tom Hangs, Blessed (Avicii Edit). Hed Kandi Ibiza 2011.
    Ghosts of Venice featuring Errol Rei. Hed Kandi Disco Heaven.
    Avicii, Levels.
    For an Angel '98 Paul Van Dyke.
    Cafe Del Mar '98
    El Nino (Matt Darey Mix)
    Sonique, I put a spell on You (full vocal serious mix)
    David Guetta, How soon is now
    David Guetta & Sia, Titanium
    Chicane, offshore 97
    Chicane, Halycon 2008
    Fade, Kim Blee

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Robot Remains by The Bangerz ( these guys make remixes for the JabbaWockeez. )
    Party Rock by LMFAO
    Slither by Velvet Revolver
    Time After Time by INOJ ( just to put some feminine sounds on the list )
    One More Time by Daft Punk
    Take Over Control by Afro Jack

I could list more but depending on your taste of music but these should make you jump and run =P

answered over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • the album "confessions on a dance floor" by Madonna
    the album "vuelve" by Ricky Martin

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Most recently Don't stop the party by the Black eyed Peas (off the workout mix 2012 - seriously good running tracks and christmas money well spent!)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • answered over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Wow, So many answers, what to give as mine??? My Playlist is kinda all over the map, with everything from David Guetta to flo-rida to The Mighty Mighty Bosstones to The Gorillaz to Jason Mraz to Rage against the Machine to Stevie wonder. I typically go for stuff that makes me smile, and has a beat i find I can run to. I don't really concern myself with bpm's, cause I go by my gut. If I feel like I can run to a particular song, then I do and if not, I don't. It's really that simple.

I will say this tho, my "powersong" is Till I Collapse by Eminem. gets me going every time.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hey Laura,

I know this might now be of much help, but I find to be more successful in my running when I run without music. Listening and focusing in on the motions of my feet hitting the pavement and coordinating that with my breathing allows me to run longer distances while still feeling good.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I don’t really enjoy running so I need music to distract me. I like to listen to upbeat metal and punk. Some of favorite songs to run to are:
    Run to the Hills – Iron Maiden
    Ready to Fall – Rise Against
    False Pretense – Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    Almost Easy – Avenged Sevenfold
    Bleeding Mascara - Atreyu
    Life of a Salesman - Yellowcard

answered over 2 years ago |edited over 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Zoe
    Zoe Sendmail

Ministry of Sound Running Trax.
    Enigma platinum album

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I just created a station on Pandora based on Skrillex so i run to all sorts of different dub step music, quick paced rhythmic beats keep me running at a pretty decent pace!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Wow, look how many responses you got! I'll have to go back thru and read them, I'm always looking for new suggestions! I too run to songs that have the right BPM...my fav's are: Footloose, No Diggity No doubt (great for an easy run), For the Longest Time by Suade (great for a more up tempo run), CandyMan by Christian Aguilera or Bye Bye Bye by N Sync for a long run or recovery run

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I usuallty start off with Mat Kearney, "Breathe In Breathe Out". Sometimes the obvious is not so obvious for me.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My personal running anthem is Superman by Goldfinger.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Laura, you are not alone! I absolutely can Not run without my IPOD, and if something sappy or slow comes on I actually get mad and change it. Sometimes ( depending on the run app I use to track my run that day) I listen to Pandora Black Eyed Peas Channel. Recently for my half marathon I put some songs on my IPOD. I listened to, " Eminem-Not afraid, Collapse, ACDC, Linkin Park, and my fav is Fort Minor- Remember the Name.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Bat out of Hell- Meatloaf...makes me sing every single time and gets me through. Good tempos.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • black and white, let's make it nasty, haha

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Anything by The Grateful Dead or Neil Young.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • what ever you choose to listen, you do not hear anything after 20th minute. If you're running 5K or 10K, fast musics help to maintain your pace up to 20th minute.

Here you are a sample: Placebo " The Bitter End "

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I guess it also depends what you like ... I love running to old school R&B, Hip Hop and emixes! My friend is a Dj and he has a site where you join and you can download all his studio sessions .... www.knowledgetunes.webs.com

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Aint talkin' bout love-Van Halen,Again and Again-Keane, Another White Dash-Butterfly Boucher, As-Is- Ani DiFranco, Charlie Brown- ColdPlay, Cheers- Rhianna, Closer- NIN, Crazy Little Thing Called Love-Queen, Dance, Dance-Fall Out Boy, Don't Cha-Pussycat Dolls, Electric Feel- MGMT, Feels LIKe The First Time- Foreigner, Give It Away-RHCP, Good Girls Go Bad-Cobra Starship, Hand in My Pocket-Alanis Morisette, Hot in the City-Billy Idol, Hot and Cold-Katy Perry, I Stand Alone-Godsmack, Jump-Van Halen, Just What I Needed-Cars, Kiss With A Fist-Florence and the Machine,Last Name London-Theophilus London, Miami to Ibiza-Swedish House Mafia, Not Afraid-Eminem, Radar-Brittany Spears, Rebel Yell-Billy Idol, Rootless Tree-Damian Rice, Sex on Fire- Kings of Leon, Sexy Back- JT, Show Me LOve- Steve Angelo, Stylo- Gorillaz, U should Know Better- Robyn and Snoop Dogg

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Linkin Park....This is my December....It's perfect!!!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Anything by the Foo Fighters should get you going good!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I'm not the A-typical music lover but for any punk/hard rock lovers......my running playlist is a mix of 3 albums
    Everytime I Die - Ex Lives
    Comeback Kid - Broadcasting
    Ignite - Our Darkest Days
    all very uptempo, hard rock that motivates like none other.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Best song I have found is Kickstart My Heart by Motley Crue

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The songs that i run to are............

Sex on fire - Kings of leon.
    Pursuit of happiness - Steve aoki remix.
    Flo rida - Wild ones ft Sia.
    Flo rida - Good feeling.
    Flo rida - Club can't handle me (feat David Guetta)
    One - Swedish house mafia.
    Come with me - Special D
    I love you...stop! - Red 5
    Bounce - Calvin Harris
    Hello - Martin Solveig
    Kickstarts - Example.
    Sticks 'n' stones - Jamie T
    Feel so close - Calvin harris.
    When loves takes over - David Guetta
    What's it gonna be - H "Two" O
    Where them girls at - David Guetta.
    Sweet disposition - The temper trap.
    Chocolate - Snow patrol.
    Mr Brightside - The killers.
    Skater boi - Avril lavigne

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Tool - Sober
    Tool - 46 & 2
    Linkin Park - Bleed It Out
    Breaking Benjamin - I Will Not Bow
    Club Can't Handle Me Now - Flo Rida feat David Guetta
    Little Bad Girl - Taio Cruz feat David Guetta
    Forever Young - Jay-Z featuring Mr Hudson
    Freedom - George Michael
    Closer to Free - The Bodeans
    Proud - Heather Smalls
    More - Usher
    California - Phantom Planet
    Live Like Were Dying - Kris Allen
    Walk - The Foo Fighters
    The Pretender - The Foo Fighters
    The Best of You - The Foo Fighters
    Ladies & Gentelmen - Saliva
    Save Yourself - Stabbing Westward
    Rush - Spirit of Radio

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • here's a playlist I just put together this morning with all my current favorite music motivations :)

Dare You to Move: Switchfoot
    Boom, Boom, Pow: Black Eyed Peas
    Soak Up the Sun: Sheryl Crow
    Kerosene: Miranda Lambert
    Rock What You Got: Superchick
    I Gotta Feeling: Black Eyed Peas
    Livin' On a Prayer: Bon Jovi
    Fighter: Christina Aguilera
    Ready to Run: Dixie Chicks
    Fastest Girl in Town: Miranda Lambert
    Stronger: Kelly Clarkson
    Sexy and I Know It: LMFAO
    Stronger: Kanye WEst
    One More: Superchick
    All Will Be Well: Gabe Dixon Band

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I won't back down - Tom Petty & the heartbreakers.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Check out jog.fm. It's awesome. Helps you find music based on the pace you want to keep.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Hans Zimmer - Mombasa

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • What i like to listen to is Adele's Rolling in The Deep. It has really catchy lyrics, and the beat of the song matches my running pace. It keeps me moving. I suggest that.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • St Elmo's Fire is my favorite!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • It depends on what pace you would like to run. For me if i want to go my normal pace or faster I listen to some of my pump up songs. So for me that is usually some of my favorite upbeat songs. I hope that helps

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • A million tastes, a million answers. In my longer playlist (2 1/2 hours) I have Black Sabbath's War Pigs; Ozzy's No More Tears, and Godsmack's Voodoo as pace songs. The rest runs from funk to metal.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I like songs that keep a beat with my breathing/cadence.
    It can be anything from Eminem, John Mayer, Keith Urban, Van Halen, and. As long as it has a BPM of about 170-180, then I can breath in for 2 beats, and out for 2 beats.
    I tend to like things that are keeping me about a 9-10 minute mile.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Why will you have to break the habit of running with your ipod?! I forgot to charge mine once and it died 2 miles into a 20 mile run...I am certain my performance (and motivation) suffered as a result!

The Rocky theme tune always gets me going (sad, I know!)

CandyMan by Christina Aguilera is another one.

My ipod is full of cheesy pop and I don't plan to break the habit of running with it :)

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I get knocked down and I would walk 500 miles. Then anything Ska.

answered about 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • My favorite from my run today was "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" followed closely by Carrie Underwood's "Blown Away."

answered about 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • I think it depends on what genre of music you listen to. Whatever gets you amped is what would probably work best for you. It also depends on the distance you are running. I listen to just about everything under the sun, mostly hip hop (90's golden era), reggae, 80's rock, Freddie Mercury, The Doors, you name it. If it has an up tempo beat, I'll listen to it.

answered almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Fat Bottom Girls - Queen (this one just makes me laugh)
    I'm not afraid - Eminem (strategically placed in the middle when you are hating on your run)
    Anything by Adam Levine/ Maroon 5.

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • O Fortuna by the London symphany

or Gangstars Paradise

or BOODY BOODY BOODY ROCKIN EVERY WHERE

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • The Piano Guys! Especially Micheal Meets Mozart!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • answered almost 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Running - General Running