Answers/

General Running

Rest Days.. too many?

asked about 2 years ago | Report

Hola! I'm new to Dailymile and I was wondering if I am perhaps taking too much time off running...

I run every second day about 9 miles in 1 hour and 15 minutes, plus I swim and play soccer, and usually, on most days, plank for 3 minutes followed by 20 push ups...

aaaaand thats it! shah I was thinking about a half marathon this September for my 16th birthday but it was sold out :( I recently lost about 50 pounds and I'm feeling fantastic! but how does that schedule sound? what should I do to improve?

need some advice for a busy girl heading back to school :)

5 answers

scroll to bottom
  • Sounds like you're doing just fine to me!

answered about 2 years ago |Report

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Nothing wrong with running every second day.

Whether to amp up running to be more often really depends on your goals, and whether you're following a plan to avoid overuse injuries.

Keep up the good work! :D

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Sounds to me like you are doing great; I wish I could run 9 miles in 1:15!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Wow congrats on the weight loss! I am a personal trainer and it sounds like what your are doing is def working! Keep up the awesome work! When you are in school just plan your workouts ahead of time around your homework/ classes/ etc. As long as you have a plan you will most likely keep up the hard work!

thumbs up
      thumbs down
  • Every other day is GREAT! You have a healthy training schedule - keep it up!

thumbs up
      thumbs down

Similar Questions in Running - General Running